MAT 2023 registration has been started now, while the last date for application is 27 February 2023. Management Aptitude Test 2023 or MAT 2023 is conducted by the All India Management Association. It is a standard entrance exam organized to select candidates for admission to MBA/ PGDM. The MAT score is accepted by more than 600 B-Schools for admission. This exam is conducted four times in a calendar year in the months of February, May, September, and October. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the online application form before the last date. Aspirants must make sure that they are eligible before applying. In this post, we are providing complete details related to the MAT 2023 exam.
Latest: MAT 2023 registration is now open for February 2023 exam.
Table of Contents
MAT 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||MAT 2023|
|Full form||Management Aptitude Test|
|Who conducts the exam?||All India Management Association|
|Courses||MBA and allied courses|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||PBT and IBT|
MAT 2023 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of MAT 2023 examination is explained below.
|DETAILED SCHEDULE – PBT|
|LAST DATE FOR PBT ONLINE REGISTRATION||
|AVAILABILITY OF PBT ADMIT CARD||
|PBT TEST DATE||
|DETAILED SCHEDULE – CBT|
|LAST DATE FOR CBT 1 ONLINE REGISTRATION||
|AVAILABILITY OF CBT 1 ADMIT CARD||
|CBT TEST DATE||
|DETAILED SCHEDULE – CBT 2|
|LAST DATE FOR CBT 2 ONLINE REGISTRATION||
|AVAILABILITY OF CBT 2 ADMIT CARD||
|CBT 2 TEST DATE||
MAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for candidates to make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. The eligibility norms for filling the MAT 2023 application form are as follows.
- There is no lower or upper age limit to apply for this exam.
- Candidates must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized institute.
- The minimum marks percentage required in the MAT exam is different for various management institutes.
- Students who will appear for the graduation final year examination are also eligible.
MAT 2023 Application Form
Interested and eligible candidates are required to register online in order to apply for this examination. Aspirants must have a valid Email ID to register for this exam. The complete application process is explained below.
- To start the process of application, aspirants have to register by providing the email ID and mobile number.
- Next, candidates must verify their email ID and mobile numbers by entering the OTP that they will receive.
- After that, applicants must log in using credentials generated at the time of registration.
- Once logged in, candidates have to upload scanned images of the following documents.
- Image of a scanned photograph of the candidate in jpg/ jpeg format. File size should not less than 10 KB and more than 50KB
- Image of scanned signature of the candidate in jpg/ jpeg format. File size should not less than 5KB and more than 20KB
- Next, aspirants are required to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- Make sure that details in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- It is also necessary for all candidates to pay the required application fee while submitting the form.
- For future references, candidates may take a printout of the application form submitted.
The application fee for the MAT 2023 examination is given below.
- For paper based test (PBT) or computer based test (CBT): Rs. 1550/-
- For both PBT and CBT: Rs. 2650/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a debit/ credit card or internet banking.
MAT 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for MAT examination will release online through the official website.
- To download an admit card, candidates have to provide the following details – Exam opted, Registration number, and date of birth.
- Information about the examination date, timing, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No Candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- Along with the admit card, candidates must also carry a photo ID proof.
MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of MAT 2023 is given below.
- Mode of examination: Both computer based test and paper based tests are available.
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 200
- Duration of examination: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Language of questions: Questions will be asked in English language only
- Maximum Marks: 200
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative marking: -1/4 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
|Sections||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
|Total||200 questions||200 marks|
MAT 2023 Syllabus
The subject-wise syllabus of MAT 2023 is given below.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Data Tables, Data charts, Bar diagrams & Charts including Simple, Stacked, Composite Bar charts, Pie charts, Graphs – Line X-Y Graphs, Data analysis and Data comparison among others, Caselet based Data, Venn diagram, Data Sufficiency
- Indian & Global Environment: Conventional GK-available in books, Current GK- based on current reading of newspapers and periodicals; Business & Economics GK -for example changes in Fiscal and monetary policy, CRR, Repo Rate, Devaluation and up valuation of Rupee, Business, National and International events, Who’s who Constitutional of India, Currency and Capitals of the countries, States of India, International Organizations, Monetary and fiscal tools, Emblem, Identification of personalities, companies among others
- Mathematical Skills: Arithmetic (LCM and HCF, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Interest (Simple and Compound), Speed, Time and Distance; Time and Work; Averages; Ratio and Proportion and others, Number System (3-4) questions, Elementary Mathematics, Number System, Mixtures and Allegation, Unitary Method, Commercial Maths, Permutation and Combinations, Sequence And Series, Heights and Distance), Algebra, Triangles, Circles, Coordinate Geometry.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Fact Inference Judgment, Passage Conclusion, Analogy, Statement Argument among others, Clocks, Calendars, Binary logic, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations (Family Tree), Logical Sequence, Assumption, Premise, Conclusion, Linear and matrix arrangement, Team Formation, Direction sense and Decision Making, Input-Output, Series, Syllogism, Cubes, Rows, Set Theory, Venn Diagrams, Network Diagrams, Quantitative Reasoning, Puzzles, Logical Reasoning based on Rankings, Critical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension: Reading comprehension passages, Grammar, Verbal Ability, etc.
MAT Answer Key 2023
- After conducting the examination, answer keys will be released online through the official website.
- Candidates will be able to match their answers with answer keys and get an idea about the marks they are going to score.
- Apart from the official, MAT answer keys will also be released by many coaching centres online.
MAT 2023 Result
- Candidates will be able to check their result through the official website of AIMA.
- To check the result, aspirants are required to provide their registration details on the website.
- MAT score will contain information on marks and percentile scored by a candidate in each subject and overall.
- There are more than 600 B-school that will accept MAT scorecard in order to grant admissions.
- Please note that there will not be any centralized counselling through which candidates can get admission.
- Institutes accepting MAT scores will invite shortlisted candidates for further rounds of selection.
- The further selection process of an institute may include Group Discussion, Personal Interview and/or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds.
- The final selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the written entrance exam and in further rounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is MAT 2023 going to be an online exam or an offline exam?
Answer: The examination will take place in both online and offline mode. Candidates have to choice in which mode they want to appear for the exam at the time of filling the application form.
Question – 2: Can you name the cities in which MAT paper based test exam will held?
Answer: It is expected that the paper based test (PBT) will take place in the following cities – Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi (NCR), Durgapur, Guwahati, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Madurai, Mengaluru, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Tezpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam
Question – 3: How many questions will be asked in the exam and what is the duration of the exam?
Answer: The candidates will have to answer 200 questions in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Question – 4: Is it possible to submit the MAT 2023 application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will release in online mode only.