MAH MCA CET 2023 entrance exam is conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra for providing admission to two years MCA course in various private and government institutions across the state. Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH MCA CET) application form will get live most likely from 1st week of July 2023 in online mode. Candidates seeking admission to lateral entry MCA course can also apply for MAH MCA CET 2023. The entrance exam will be conducted in online mode (Computer Based Test) and have four sections- Mathematics & Statistics, Logical / Abstract Reasoning, English comprehension and verbal ability, Computer Concepts.
Table of Contents
MAH MCA CET 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||MAH MCA CET 2023|
|Full Form||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Courses Offered||MCA course|
|Who conducts the exam?||State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test|
MAH MCA CET 2023 Exam Date
We have provided below MAH MCA CET 2023 tentative schedule for reference purpose. We’ll update the school soon we hear from the official authority.
|MAH MCA CET 2023||Dates
|Online registration will commence from||1st week of July 2023|
|Last date for online registration||3rd week of July 2023|
|Admit card release date||1st week of September 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||2nd week of September 2023|
|Result announcement||4th week of September 2023|
|Counselling will commence from||1st week of October 2023|
MAH MCA CET 2023 Eligibility criteria
Candidates seeking admission to MCA courses through MAH MCA CET 2023 exam must satisfy the necessary eligibility criteria. Only those candidates who are satisfying the required MAH MCA CET eligibility criteria 2023 can appear for the exam. Here we have explained the eligibility criteria for the exam:
Nationality: Only Indian nationals are permitted to apply.
50% marks in BCA or its equivalent (45% backward class, PwD and economically weaker section of Maharashtra state). Or,
BCom or BSc with Mathematics at Graduate or 10+2 level (with additional bridge course according to the norms of concerned authority) and acquired 50% marks in aggregate (45% backward class, PwD and economically weaker section of Maharashtra state).
Final Year Candidates: They are also eligible for the MAH MCA CET 2023.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Application Form: How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates who are planning to appear in MAH MCA CET 2023 exam are advised to first check the instructions mentioned in the brochure carefully and fill the form accordingly. Aspirants can check the procedure to fill and submit the MAH MCA CET 2023 application form from here:
- Application form of MAH MCA CET 2023 will be available online only.
- No other offline mode will be entertained for the application submission.
- Candidates have to first register themselves by entering some basic details.
- On successful registration, a registration number and password will be issued.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the details in the application form carefully.
- Upload the scanned images of signature and photograph as per the given format.
- Make the payment of necessary application fee through online mode.
- Take a printout of the duly filled application form.
- General category candidates of Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), and J & K Migrants: Rs.1000/-
- SC, ST, VJ/DT-NT (A), NT (B), NT (C), NT (D), OBC, SBC, EWS and PwD category candidates of Maharashtra state only: Rs. 800/-
The above examination fee can be paid using Internet banking, credit card, debit card, cash cards and mobile wallets.
MAH MCA CET 2023 Exam Pattern
It is necessary for all candidates to go through the details of exam pattern before starting the exam preparation. With the help of MAH MCA CET 2023 exam pattern candidates can get idea about type of questions, marking scheme, exam duration, subjects covered etc.
|Mode of Exam||Online mode (Computer Based Exam)|
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
|Medium of Exam||English language|
|Total Marks||200 marks (Total 100 questions, 2 marks each)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||+2 marks for each correct response|
|Sections||4 sections (Mathematics & Statistics, Logical / Abstract Reasoning, English comprehension and verbal ability, Computer Concepts)|
Distribution of Questions
|Computer Concepts||20 questions|
|English comprehension and verbal ability||20 questions|
|Logical / Abstract Reasoning||30 questions|
|Mathematics & Statistics||30 questions|
MAH MCA CET 2023 Syllabus
The Online CET would be comprised of four sections viz Mathematics and Statistics, Logical/ Abstract reasoning, English comprehension and verbal ability and Computer Concepts of total200 marks. with composite time of 90 minutes’ duration.
Mathematics and Statistics:
The question paper will cover the following topics of high school mathematics (up to the 12thStandard)
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point,intersections , equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solutionof triangles, height and distance, inverse
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage,etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and
- Mensuration: areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles,volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and
Logical/ Abstract Reasoning:
This shall include the questions to measures how quickly and logically you can think. This section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage. This test shall check the problem solving capability of the candidate.
English comprehension and verbal ability:
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidate’s general understanding of theEnglish language. There will be questions on the topics such as Basic English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases, jumbled paragraph.
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization,back-up
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra,truth tables, Venn
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / O devices,
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Computer Programming in Operating System basics
MAH MCA CET 2023 Admit Card
The authority will release MAH MCA CET 2023 admit card of candidates who have successfully registered themselves and applied for the exam before the last date. Candidates can download their admit card simply by following the direct link mentioned in the post. All you need to click this link, provide login credentials, and click the submit button. Soon after clicking the submit button, your admit card would appear on the screen.
Details available in MAH MCA CET admit card
- Roll number
- Candidate’s name
- Exam centre/venue
- Date of exam
- Reporting time along with other important details relating exam
MAH MCA CET 2023 Result
MAH MCA CET 2023 result is most likely to be available to check from 4th week of September 2023. Candidates should visit the official website of State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra https://cetcell.mahacet.org/ to check their result. Soon, after the announcement of result, we’ll update here the direct link following which you can check your result without any hassle.
Upon result, candidates are required to make registration for counselling through Centralised Admission Process (CAP). Candidates should ensure whether their name is available in MAH MCA CET 2023 final merit list and accordingly their can register for the counselling session.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the mode of MAH MCA CET 2023 application form?
Answer: Online mode only.
Question 2: Who is the exam conducting authority of MAH MCA CET entrance exam?
Answer: State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra
Question 3: How many questions are there in MAH MCA CET?
Answer: There will be 100 questions of 200 marks.
Check- All MCA entrance exams
Official website: https://cetcell.mahacet.org/
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here