The Lucknow University will release the application for admissions into its BCA and MCA degree programme in the month of March and April respectively. The admission will be granted on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the LUCSAT 2020. It will be a university level entrance test conducted in the month of May (for BCA) and June (for MCA). The interested candidates can apply for the exam in online mode. The important details related to LUCSAT 2020 such as its eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, result, etc are given in this post.
LUCSAT 2020 Important Dates
The important events related to LUCSAT 2020 and their expected dates are given in the table below. These dates are tentative for now, but will be updated as soon as any official announcement is made in this regard.
|For BCA||For MCA|
|Application form release||3rd week of March 2020||1st week of April 2020|
|Last date of form submission||3rd week of April 2020||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date of form submission, with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||4th week of April 2020||3rd week of May 2020|
|Admit card availability||4th week of April 2020||4th week of May 2020|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2020||1st week of June 2020|
|Publication of result||4th week of May 2020||Last week of June 2020|
|Commencement of counseling||2nd week of June 2020||1st week of July 2020|
LUCSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
For providing the candidates basic idea of the examination, the LUCSAT exam pattern 2020 is given below:
- Exam duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total number of questions: 100
- Question type: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks: 400
- Marking scheme: +4 marks for each correct answer and -1 mark for each incorrect answer
- Important topics:
- For BCA: Comprehension, General Knowledge, Logical reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, Computer Science, English, Mathematics and Physics
- For MCA: General Awareness, Logical Aptitude, Mental Ability and Questions on BCA level
LUCSAT Syllabus 2020
The LUCSAT syllabus 2020 will mainly comprise of the topics to test the logical and mental ability of the candidates and their knowledge regarding the general awareness. The syllabus for BCA exam will also cover the topics of Computer Science, English, Mathematics & Physics and the MCA exam syllabus will cover topics studied at BCA level.
Below, we are providing certain basic tips to help the candidates clear the LUCSAT 2020 exam with good marks:
- Get familiar with the syllabus of the exam and collect your study material accordingly.
- The study material must be gathered only from reliable sources.
- Start your preparation from the basics and the move forward to the complex topics.
- After you complete your syllabus, practice from sample papers to know your strong and weak points.
- Revise all the studied topics on a regular basis.
LUCSAT Application Form 2020
The candidates can get the LUCSAT 2020 application form in online mode from the official website of Lucknow University. A prescribed amount of non-refundable application fee will also be associated with the application form. After providing important details in the application form such as name, date of birth, gender, email is, contact number, identity details, information related to the qualifying exam, etc, the candidates will have to submit it online. The candidates who fail to submit the application before the last date will be provided opportunity to submit it with an additional late fee.
The candidates can pay their application fee net banking/ debit card/ credit card. The category-wise application fee for BCA and MCA entrance exam is given below:
|For General/ OBC candidates||For SC/ ST candidates|
|For BCA||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 400/-|
|For MCA||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-|
LUCSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates must ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility requirements before applying for an exam. The eligibility criteria for LUCSAT 2020 are given as:
- Educational criteria for BCA: A pass in the Intermediate or equivalent exam is required with either one of the Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Computer Application as a compulsory subject. A minimum aggregate of 50% marks in qualifying exam is also necessary (45% aggregate marks for the candidates belonging to the SC/ ST category).
- Educational criteria for MCA: A pass in the B.Sc. (CS)/ B.Sc. (CA)/ B.Sc. (IT)/ BCA degree exam with at least 50% marks in aggregate 45% aggregate marks for the candidates belonging to the SC/ ST category) us required. The degree must be passed from a recognized university/ institution.
LUCSAT 2020 Admit Card
The candidates after successfully submitting their application form will be able to download the admit card. In the admit card, the details related to the exam such as exam center, date and time will be mentioned. The candidates must appear for the exam as per the mentioned details only. It is mandatory for the applicants to carry their admit card along with them to the exam center or else they will not be able to take their exam.
LUCSAT 2020 Result
The LUCSAT result 2020 will be declared online and published on the official university’s website. All those candidates who have appeared for the exam successfully will be able to check their result. Based on the performance of the applicants in the entrance exam and the marks scored by them, a merit list will be prepared. The result will be declared separately for the BCA and MCA entrance exam and the candidates can check it as per their specified schedule.