Candidates reach at the junction of their career after completing the senior secondary level education. After the senior secondary education, candidates ignorantly choose a graduation course without giving a serious thought about it. At this point, candidates find themselves in a dilemma which career they should choose, in fact. In the write-up given here, candidates can know about some of the most prominent courses which they can choose to pursue after graduation. The enlisted courses will not only give candidates an exciting career path but will also help gain financial stability in future.
Here are some of the recommendations of the examination which will be conducted in the upcoming year 2022. Candidates can apply through the online or offline application form for the examinations.
Table of Contents
Entrance Exam for Engineering Courses (M.Tech. & M.E.)
Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) jointly administer and conduct all the admission proceedings of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). After qualifying the entrance examination, candidates can take the admission in the ITTs and the other such institutes which offer admission on the basis of the GATE’s score to pursue M.Tech. and M.E.
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is a national level examination which is conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institute of Science. After qualifying the JAM, candidates can take admission in the IITs to pursue M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree. Candidates can take admission in the IISc. To pursue Integrated Ph.D. programmes.
Entrance Exam for Management Courses (MBA & PGDM)
- Common Admission Test (CAT):Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) conducts the Common Admission Test (CAT) every year to offer admission into the Post Graduate diploma in Management (PGDM). CAT is an all India-level examination is conducted throughout the nation on the same day.
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT):‘All India Management Aptitude Testing Service’ (AIMATS) conducts the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) on a quarterly basis for admission into MBA programmes in various disciplines.
- NMAT:the ‘Graduate Management Admission Council’ (GMAC) conducts the NMAT entrance test for admission into all the management courses of NMIMS Mumbai and the PGDM courses of NMIMS Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT):Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is an all-India level entrance exam which is conducted for admission into all management programmes approved by AICTE. The exam is conducted once in a year. CMAT is also conducted in foreign countries by AICTE for NRIs/PIOs and foreign nationals seeking admission in B- Schools in India.
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT):Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) conducts the ‘Xavier Aptitude Test’ (XAT) for admission to the management courses in various disciplines.
- The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT):Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) administer an entrance exam for graduates to take admission into the institute to pursue management degree in foreign trade. Candidates can choose the campus at Delhi and Mumbai as per their choice.
- Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP):Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is a common entrance test which Symbiosis International (Deemed) University organize to offer admission to the candidates into the various management courses.
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MH-CET):MH-CET is conducted for graduates who want to take admission in the various MBA/MMS and PGDBM/PGDM programmes. After qualifying this examination, candidates will be eligible to take admission in the management institutes of Maharashtra for management courses.
- ATMA:Association of Indian Management School (AIMS) conducts the management Test for admission into the management programmes such as PGDM/ MBA/ MCA/ PGCM courses.
- IBSAT:IBSAT is an entrance test which is conducted online for admission into the various management courses. Any graduate, who seeks to take admission in the nine Indian Business Schools at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Mumbai, and Pune, can apply and appear in the test.
Exams for Defence Services after Graduation
- AFCAT:‘Air Force Common Admission Test’ (AFCAT) is an all India level recruitment test which is commenced to recruit the candidates for the Air The examination is commenced twice in a year.
- UPSC CDS:The Union public service Commission conducts the ‘Combined Defence Services Examination’ (CDSE) to recruit the candidates for the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officers Training Academy (OTA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Indian Air Force (IAF) Academy.
Entrance Exams for Medical Courses
- NEET:The National Eligibility- cum- Entrance Test (NEET-PG) is a national level examination and it is conducted by the NATBOARD once in a year. Candidates can take admission in the MD/ MS programme after completing their MBBS.
- JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam:‘Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research’ (JIPMER) conducts the PG Entrance Exam for admission of the candidates into the MD / MS course. This medical entrance exam is conducted once in a year.
Entrance Exams for admission into foreign Universities
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT):GMAT is a computer based entrance test which is conducted for admissions in more than 2100 foreign universities. Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) conducts the test once in a year and candidates can take admission into the various management programmes, including MBA, Master of Finance programmes, Master of Accountancy in foreign countries’ institutes.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE):Candidates, who want to take admission in the US and some of other countries for management and other professional courses, they can appear in the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE). Educational Testing Service (ETS) administer all the proceedings of the exam at more than 700 centres in more than 160 countries.
Exam for Government Jobs
- Civil Services Examination (CSE):Union Public service Commission conducts the Civil service Examination for candidates who want to join bureaucracy after completing the graduation. The exam is conducted once in a year and the eligible candidates can apply through the online mode.
- Indian Economic Service Examination (IES):Indian Economic Service (IES) is a civil service examination conducted by the UPSC who are graduates with Economics/Statistics. Candidates can appear in the exam and after qualifying it, they can join the grade ‘A’ service in the Indian financial system.
- Indian Statistical Service Examination (ISS):ISS is also the examination which UPSC conducts for Statistics/Mathematics/Economics graduates to select the officers for the services of Indian Statistic.
Entrance Exams for Academics after graduation
- Ed. Common Entrance Test (EdCET):EdCET is a common B.Ed. entrance test for graduates. The examination is conducted by different states and after qualifying the examination, candidates can apply for the teaching jobs in the various states.
- Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR):ICAR is an entrance exam for the candidates who are science graduate and if they want to pursue post-graduation in agriculture, they can apply for the entrance test.
Exams for Banking Jobs
- IBPS PO/Management Trainee Exams:IBPS PO Common Written Examination is a national level examination which is conducted to recruit the eligible candidates for the posts of Bank PO in different banks. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the examination.
- IBPS Clerk Exams:IBPS also conducts the examination to recruit the candidates for the selection of the eligible candidates for the post of clerks in the public sector banks.
- SBI PO Exams:State Bank of India conducts a separate examination to recruit the candidates for the post of bank PO for its various branches located in the nation.
- National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD):NABARD conducts the test to recruit the candidates for the post of Development Officers.
- RBI Grade A and Grade B Exams: RBI conducts the test autonomously to recruit the candidates for ‘A’ and ‘B’ grade posts in RBI.
Exams for Insurance Jobs
- I.C/ G.I.C Competitive Exams:candidates can appear in this examination who want to make a career in the field of insurance. Candidates can get appointed to the post of ‘G.I.C Officers, L.I.C Development Officers, and Assistants etc.
Exam for Law Courses
- CLAT PG Exams:Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted for the candidates who wish to pursue post-graduate course in law. Candidates can take admission in the various law colleges to pursue post-graduate programme in law.
Exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission
- Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exams:Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the CGL examination to recruit the candidates to fill various vacancies in the central government. Candidates after cracking the examination will be appointed to the posts such Sub-inspector, Auditor offices, Tax assistants, Accountant, and other assistant level positions.