KVPY 2021: The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a renowned program commenced by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore for encouraging aspirants, who are studying Basic Sciences, to choose research career in Science. The programme was started in the year 1999.
Shortlisted candidates can avail benefits of KVPY fellowship/scholarship programme until their pre-Ph.D level.
KVPY 2021 admit card is now available. Check details
KVPY 2021 application form is available till 6th September 2021.
According to the latest KVPY notification, the application form is available from 12th July 2021 (5:00 PM).
|BASIC SCIENCES||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SB/SX – during 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc./B.S./ B.Math. / B.Stat./ Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
KVPY 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The KVPY Fellowships will be given to only residents of India to study in India. Candidates who’d like to pursue their undergraduate study program under Distance Education scheme or through correspondence course are not permitted to apply.
- Students pursuing an undergraduate programme in Basic Sciences i.e. B.Sc./ B.Stat./ B.S./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biochemistry, Statistics, Microbiology, Ecology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Neurosciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Geology, Marine Biology, Human Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Genetics, Applied Physics, Materials Science, Geophysics or Environmental Science.
- For Stream SA: Candidates who got admission in class XI with Science and obtained at least 80% marks (70% for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science and Mathematics in class X.
- For Stream SB: Candidates who got admission in first year undergraduate course in Basic Science including Chemistry/Physics/Biology & Mathematics for the year 2021-22 and have acquired at least 60% (50% for PwD/SC/ST) marks in Science subjects in class XII exam are eligible.
- For Stream SX: Candidates studying in class XII standard with Science subjects in the academic year 2021-22 and seeking admission to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. programme for the academic session 2019-20 and have secured at least 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science & Mathematics in class X exam and at least of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in science subjects in class XII are eligible.
KVPY 2021 Important Dates
|Sl. No.||Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Application process will start from||12th July 2021|
|2.||Online application submission deadline|
|3.||Deadline for application form submission||Over|
|4.||Admit card download date||Available|
|5.||Examination date||7th November 2021|
|6.||Result will be declared||December 2021|
How to Apply?
KVPY application procedure has been commenced from July 2021. Candidates need to submit their online application form along with making payment of the requisite fee as mentioned below:
- For General & OBC category applicants: Rs 1000+KVAT @ 5.5%=Rs. 1055
- For ST/ SC/PWD category applicants: Rs 500+KVAT @ 5.5%= Rs. 528
Aptitude Test: Candidates, who are eligible and have successfully submitted their application forms, will be called to appear in an aptitude test organized both in Hindi and English language.
Interview: Candidates who are shortlisted upon completion of the Aptitude test will be called to attend the Interview process which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Candidates are invited to attend the aptitude test either in online mode or paper-pen mode. The total number of questions asked for SA stream will be 80, whereas, 120 questions will be asked for SB/SX stream. The authority hasn’t specified any particular syllabus of the test; however, students will be examined based on the syllabus of Class X/XII/First year of B.S/ B.Sc/B.Stat/B.Math/Int. M.Sc/M.S.
KVPY 2021 Admit Card
Admit card of KVPY 2021 is available to download now. Eligible students are permitted to download their respective admit card from the official website of the authority from October 2020. The actual link of downloading your admit card is provided below.
KVPY 2021 Result
The aptitude test result is usually declared one month after completion of the test. Candidates, who are shortlisted upon completion of the aptitude test, will be further invited to attend the interview procedure. The final result of aspirants will be published after completion of both the stages of the selection procedure.