Kurukshetra University is the authority that holds the responsibility of releasing the official notification for Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023. The admission will be provided in the Directorate of Distance Education, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and other colleges affiliated to the university. The university will not conduct any B.Ed entrance exam in order to shortlist the candidates. Instead of the entrance exam, the students will be selected on the basis of the qualifying examination merit. Please note that 85% of the total available seats are reserved for the candidates from the state of Haryana. In this article, we are providing all the important details related to the Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023.
Table of Contents
Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023
|Admission||Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023|
|Mode of application||Online and Offline|
|Basis of admission- entrance or merit||Merit in the qualifying exam|
|Total marks||100 marks|
Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023 Schedule
|B.Ed. Admissions (ITTR / Govt. Aided / SFS Colleges of Education, K.U.K.)||Date|
|Online availability of Prospectus, Online Registration, Acceptance of Applications, Deposition of Registration as well as counseling fee of Rs. 1000/- (for General category candidates) and Rs. 250/- (for SC/BC/Blind candidates of Haryana only)||October 2023
|Online choice filling and locking||October 2023|
|Display of Overall merit list (category-wise) of the applicants||November 2023
|Candidates can check for discrepancy if any, and incorporate correction/s thereof.||November 2023
|Display of overall Merit list after reconciling of discrepancy, if any received.||November 2023
B.Ed. Counseling Schedule for ITTR / Govt. Aided / SFS Colleges of Education, K.U.K.
|Counselling details||Counselling- 1||Counselling-2|
|Online allotment of seats to the respective colleges||November 2023||November 2023|
|Verification of Documents of allotted candidates by respective colleges||November 2023||November 2023|
|Display of list of Eligible candidates on Portal & Remittance of fee by the candidate||November 2023||November 2023|
|Online update by the college||November 2023||November 2023|
Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates looking for admission to B.Ed. (2 year) course through distance mode must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should have a Bachelor/Master’s degree from a recognized University with atleast 50% marks in aggregate (47.5% in case of SC/ST/Blind/Physically Handicapped candidates)
- Those who have B.E/ B.Tech degree with 55% marks (52.25% in case of SC/ST/Blind/Physically Handicapped candidates) can also apply.
- The candidate must be a trained in-service teacher in elementary education.
- Aspirants who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode are also eligible.
- The benefits of reservation will be provided to SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other category candidates as per the rules of Haryana govt.
- Please note that only in service teachers working in any Recognized Government/Aided/Private School/Educational Institution in the state of Haryana can apply.
Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023 Application Form
The application form for Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023 will release in both online and offline mode. Details regarding both the modes of application are as follows.
Online Application Form
- In order to apply online, candidates have to fill and submit the application form in online mode through the official website.
- The official website of DDE, KUK is www.ddekuk.ac.in.
- In the application form, candidates are required to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- Apart from this, aspirants have to upload the scanned images of their all the relevant documents.
- Next, the candidates have to pay the necessary application fee.
- It is advised to keep a copy of the application form submitted online safe for future references.
Offline Application Form
- Those candidates who are looking to apply in offline mode can download the application form and prospectus from the DDE website.
- Alternatively, the candidates can also collect the application form and prospectus from Manager, Printing & Publication, Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra-136119
- After downloading and printing the application form, candidates need to enter all the required details accurately.
- The duly filled application form along with all the required documents should be sent to the following address.
Directorate of Distance Education,
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra – 136119
Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023 Selection Process and Admission
- The admission will be provided purely on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying exam.
- The university will release a merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- Selected candidates will then have to get their documents verified.
- Those who can’t get their documents verified will not get the admission.
- In case the information provided by the candidates in the application form found to be incorrect then the admission of such candidates will be cancelled.
Document Required for KUK B.Ed. Admission 2023
Candidates seeking admission must get the following document verified in order to get the admission.
- A copy of the filled in application form.
- Class 12th passing certificate and mark sheet
- Class 10th passing certificate and mark sheet
- Final year consolidated mark sheet of Graduation
- Final year consolidated mark sheet of Master degree (if applicable)
- Provisional certificate or graduation degree
- Provisional certificate or Master degree (if applicable)
- Colour photographs of the candidate.
- Migration certificate
- Government ID proof such as Aadhar card, driving license, voter id card etc.
- Category certificate (wherever applicable)
- Employment certificate (wherever applicable)
Frequently Asked Question
Question – 1: In which mode the application form will release?
Answer: The application form will release in both online and offline mode.
Question – 2: In what colleges can I get admission through the Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023 process?
Answer: Through this admission process, candidates can get admission to the following colleges.
- Directorate of Distance Education, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- University College of Education, K.U. Kurukshetra.
- SL DAV College of Education, Ambala City.
- SNS College of Education for Women, Yamuna Nagar.
- Dr.Ganesh Dass DAV College of Education for Women, Karnal.
Question – 3: Can the students from any other state than Haryana apply for the admission?
Answer: Yes, the students from other states can also apply. However, 85% of the total seats are reserved for the students from Haryana only.
Question – 4: What if I don’t want to take admission after filling the form. Can I get my application fee back?
Answer: No, the application once submitted will be refunded back in any case.
Question – 5: Will there be any entrance test to select the candidates for Kurukshetra University B.Ed. Distance Education 2023 admission?
Answer: No, there will not be any B.Ed entrance exam. The university will select the candidates based on their previous academic performances.