This notification is for all those candidates who would like to appear in Kerala University Common Admission Test. This entrance exam is conducted for admission to Two Year MBA (Full time) and MBA (Tourism-Full time) at Institute of Management in Kerala (IMK), Kariavattom for the academic year 2016-18. Institute of Management in Kerala (IMK), Kariavattom is one of best B-Schools of India which has been offering the finest education to students from several years. Please read this article in order to find all related information about this exam such as its application form and procedure, eligibility criteria, admission procedure, reservation, important dates, contact details etc. It is expected that KU CAT application form will be available from the month of March 2016 and entrance test will be organized in the month of May, 2016.
KU CAT Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have completed graduation as per the regular system approved by the University of Kerala. The pattern of education should be either 10+2+3 or 10+2+4.
- Candidates must have secured 50% marks, no matter they are following 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern of education.
- Candidates who have secured 50% marks in MA, MSc, M.com or other post graduate degree are eligible to appear in the exam.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will get preference as the rules specified by the university.
We are sharing below all tentative dates related to KU CAT which will be updated after release of its official notification.
|Application form start date
|Application form deadline
|Group discussion and interview will be conducted
|Date of counseling
|Date of declaration of result
KU CAT Exam Centers
Name of KU CAT exam centers are as follows. Candidates will be allotted exam center among mentioned three exam centers for KU CAT exam.
KU CAT Application Form: How to Apply?
- Candidates can download the prescribed KU CAT application form along with information brochure from the official website.
- Candidates need to send the duly filled in application form including a demand draft of Rs.510/- and photocopies of Income Certificate or B.P.L. Certificate and Community Certificate issued by the Competent Authority to Professor and Head, Institute of Management in Kerala, University of Kerala, University Campus, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram-695581 on or before the mentioned date.
- The demand draft should be made in the favour of “The Finance Officer, University of Kerala”. It should be either drawn from SBT which is payable at KUOC campus or from Cooperative banks payable at Trivandrum. Candidates can also pay the amount of Rs. 500/- in the form of Challan at University cash counter.
Result of candidates will be published in the month of June, 2016 from the official website.
- Candidates first need to appear in KU CAT going to be conducted at Thiruvananthapuram, Alappuzha and Thrissur.
- Candidates who have appeared in the test will be further invited to attend the Group discussion and Interview.
- After completion of written test, group discussion and interview, a rank list will be prepared.
KU CAT counseling process will be organized at the IMK, Kariavattom Campus in the month of June, 2016.
- Total number of seats in IMK, MBA (General-40 seats) and MBA (Tourism – 40 seats) will be filled at first on the counseling day.
- If candidates belonging to SC/ST category are absent then those seats will be filled by OEC and subsequently by OBC and thereafter by open category candidates.
- Candidates who have completed degree or Master degree from any other university they will be required to produce eligibility criteria issued by the University of Kerala. It is essentially required to submit this document at the time of counseling.
KU CAT Admission Procedure
After the completion of written exam, candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The performance of candidates will be calculated based on all three sections. Weightage of marks is as follows:
Entrance Test: 70%
Group Discussion: 15%
Feel free to Share your query with us, if any. We will try our level best to revert soon. Thanks
Disclaimer: 99entranceexam.in is not an official website for Kerala University; we are here just providing you details about Kerala University Common Admission Test. You may find modification in the details and dates specified at our portal which are subject to variation in the official notification.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here