Kerala LET 2023 application form will be released at the official website of Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Kerala- admissions.dtekerala.gov.in. The exam is conducted for admission to B.Tech Lateral Entry programme for the academic session 2023-24. It is one of the top engineering entrance exams in the state of Kerala for Diploma holders.
Interested and eligible candidates who want to appear in this entrance test must fill out and submit their Kerala LET 2023 application form as per the scheduled date. Aspirants can check the complete details regarding Kerala LET 2023 from this article below.
Table of Contents
Kerala LET 2023 Important dates (Tentative)
|Online application process will start from||March 2023(tentative)|
|Deadline for the receiving of online application form||To be updated|
|Admit card/hall ticket will issue from||To be updated|
|Date of Entrance Examination||To be updated|
|Announcement of Result||To be updated|
|Availability of score card||To be updated|
|Online choice filling process will commence from||To be updated|
|First allotment date||To be updated|
|Rearranging process of higher options will commence from||To be updated|
|Second Allotment date||To be updated|
|Procedure of admission for 2nd allotment conducts on||To be updated|
|Rearranging process of higher options will begin from||To be updated|
|Third allotment date||To be updated|
|Admission process for third allotment will start from||To be updated|
Kerala LET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
First of all, candidates need to satisfy the important eligibility criteria as laid down by the conducting authority. The eligibility criteria of Kerala LET 2023 are as follows:
- Applicants should possess 3 years duration diploma degree in Technology/ Engineering from the State Board of Technical Education or Institutions which comes under Govt. of India.
- Aspirants, who are appearing in the final year Diploma Examination, are also eligible to apply for the entrance test.
- The maximum age limit of candidates to apply for the exam is 30 years.
Kerala DTE LET 2023 Application form: How to apply?
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Kerala will release Kerala LET application form online at its official website- admissions.dtekerala.gov.in.
Please find below the steps to apply:
Step 1: Complete your registration by providing details such as your name, parents’ information, educational information, communication address etc.
Step 2: Fill up your application form correctly without providing any wrong credentials.
Step 3: Move to fee payment section. You need to make payment using e-Challan at any SBI branch. The payment must be deposited in Shakti Account of The Joint Controller of Technical Examination, Kerala. Here are the details of application fee:
- General: Rs. 750/-
- SC/ST: Rs. 375/-
Step 4: Submit your duly-filled application form along with your fee payment receipt and the documents shared below:
- Class 10th and class 12th certificate and mark sheet;
- Certificate and mark sheet of Diploma.
- Reservation certificate, if applicable
- Domicile certificate
- Parents’ income certificate
Please arrange your documents and pack it an envelope. Send the envelope to the address:
The Joint Controller of Technical Examinations
Kaimanam, Thiruvananthapuram- 695040
Kerala LET Examination Pattern 2023
|Type of the exam||OMR based|
|Question type||Objective Type Entrance Test|
|Marking scheme||3 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response|
Examination Pattern for Diploma and D.Voc stream students
|Subject||Marks||Number of questions|
|Mathematics||20 marks||120 questions|
|IT and computer Science||15 marks|
|Engineering Mechanics||15 marks|
|Civil Engineering||15 marks|
|Electrical Engineering||15 marks|
|Mechanical Engineering||15 marks|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||15 marks|
Examination Pattern for B.Sc stream students
- English – 15 marks
- IT and Computer Science – 15 marks
- Chemistry – 20 marks
- Physics – 30 marks
- Mathematics – 40 marks
Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Pathanamthitta, Ernakulam, Thodupuzha, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Tirur, SulthanBathery, Kannur, Kozhikode, and Kasaragod
- Mathematics – Single Variable Calculus and Infinite series, Geometric series, Alternating series, Maclaurins series, Partial derivatives, Partial derivatives of functions of more than two variables, Calculus of vector valued functions, Multiple integrals, Double integrals, Area calculated as a double integral, Topics in vector calculus, Line integrals, work as a line integral, Green’s Theorem, surface integrals, Divergence Theorem, Stokes’ Theorem.
- Engineering Mechanics – Statics, Types of supports, Properties of planar surfaces, Friction, Dynamics, Combined motion of rotation and translation, Mechanical vibrations, Rectilinear translation.
- Civil Engineering – General introduction to Civil Engineering, Stones, Bricks, Tiles, Cement, Aggregates, Cement Mortar, Stone Masonry, Brick Masonry, Timber, Hard board and particle board, Steel, Floors and Flooring materials, Roofs and roof coverings.
- Computer Science – Introduction to digital computer, Details of functional units of a computer, A simple model of computer, Storage, System software, Operating systems, Problem Solving strategies, Representation of procedure by flowchart, Implementation of algorithms, Introduction to Python, Functions, Mathematical functions, Strings and lists, Tuples and dictionaries, Files and exceptions, Introduction to classes and objects.
Kerala LET 2023 Admit card /Hall ticket
- The authority will release the Kerala LET 2023 admit card online at the official website of Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Kerala.
- Candidates can download their admit card via visiting the official links i.e. http://admissions.dtekerala.gov.in.
- The information about the date, time, and venue of the exam will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Along with the admit card, candidates must carry their original photo ID proof at the time of the exam.
Kerala LET 2023 Result
- The authority will announce the result online at the official portal most likely in the month of June.
- Candidates need to enter their roll number or hall ticket number in order to download their results.
- The result will contain information about the subject wise and total marks secured by candidates in the entrance test.
- Along with the result, authorities will also release the merit list of candidates shortlisted for admission.
- In case of a tie, the candidate with a better score in Mathematics will get a better merit position.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What documents do I need to submit along with the application form?
Answer: You need to submit the following documents along with the Kerala DTE LET Application Form 2023.
- Class 10 and +2 certificate
- Class 10 and +2 mark sheets
- Diploma engineering certificate (If any)
- Diploma engineering mark sheet (If any)
- Community certificate (If applicable)
- Income certificate of parents
- Domicile certificate
Question – 2: Is Kerala DTE LET 2023 examination is equivalent to JEE Main 2023?
Answer: No, this exam is not equivalent to JEE Main 2023. Through DTE LET 2023 you can get admission to 3rd semester of B.Tech. On the other hand, JEE Main Exam is conducted for admission to the 1st semester of B.Tech.
Question – 3: Will there be negative markings in the entrance test?
Answer: Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Question – 4: Is there any age limit in order to get admission through Kerala DTE LET 2023 examination?
Answer: Yes, the age of a candidate should not be more than 30 years at the time of admission. However, candidates from reserved categories will get relaxation in the upper age limit as the rules of the Kerala government.