Started in 1971, under the Act No 33 of 1971, Kerala Agricultural University abbreviated as KAU is the leading institution in imparting high quality of technological education and developing skills to develop the technique of agriculture, fishing, animal husbandry, and the likes. It is renowned as the foremost instrumentality of the Kerala state in offering human resources, and skills and technology, obligatory for the sustainable growth of its agriculture, defined broadly encircling all production activities based on water and land, including crop production (agriculture), fisheries and forestry through conducting, interfacing and integrating research, education and extension in these spheres of economic endeavor.
Campus location of Kerala Agricultural University –
Situated about in the middle of the state at Vellanikkara in the district of Thrissur, on the National Highway- 47 at approx 13 km from the Thrissur Railway hub and 50 km from the International Airport, Kochi, the headquarters of Kerala Agricultural University is easily reachable by rail, road, and air.
Available facilities @ Kerala Agricultural University
- Indoor Stadium
- Computer Facility
- Geographic Information System
Constituent academic departments @ Kerala Agricultural University
- Faculty of Agricultural Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Kelappaji College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology, Tavanur, Malappuram
- College of Agriculture, Vellayani, Trivandrum
- College of Agriculture, Padannakad, Kasargod
- College of Horticulture, Main Campus, Vellanikkara, Thrissur
- College of Forestry, Main Campus, Vellanikkara, Thrissur
- College of Co-operation, Banking and Management, Main Campus, Vellanikkara, Thrissur
Course and their eligibility criteria offered by Kerala Agricultural University
- Master of Business Administration- (2 courses)
- Master of Business Administration in Agri-Business- two years
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder.
- Master of Science in Rural Banking & Finance Management- two years
Applicant should be Bachelor’s degree holder in the particular subject or equivalent degree recognized by KAU. For graduates of this university, under UG regulations 2007, the minimum OGPA for general category is 6.0/10 and 5.5/10 for candidates from SC/ST category. For graduates of KAU under UG regulations up to year 2006, the minimum OGPA for general category candidates is 7.3/10 and 7.0/10 for candidates from SC/ST. B.Sc. Horticulture and B.Sc. (Ag.) will be considered as equal for admission purposes. Eligibility for admission to M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics is strictly restricted to basic degree holders in Agriculture.
- Bachelor of Technology- (2 courses)
- Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering- four years
- Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural and Food Engineering- four years
Candidate must be passed 10+2 or Equivalent examination
- Master of Technology – (4 courses)
Candidate must hold Graduation degree in Agricultural Engineering or an equivalent degree acknowledged by KAU with an OGPA of 6.0/10 for general category and 5.5/10 for candidates from SC/ST category, under UG regulations 2007. For graduates of KAU beneath UG regulations up to 2006, the minimum OGPA is 7.3/10 for general category students and 7.0/10 for reserved category.
- Master of Science – (8 courses)
A candidate must hold a basic degree in Agriculture/ Forestry/ Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. &A.H (for Wildlife Science only) or correspondent degree recognized by KAU. For graduates of this university, beneath UG regulations 2007, the minimum required OGPA is 6.0/10 for general category and 5.5/10 for candidate belonging to SC/ST category. For graduates of KAU under UG regulations up to 2006, the minimum OGPA for general category is 7.3/10 and 7.0/10 for reserved category. Candidates with having Higher Grade Certificate from Ranger’s College or with Diploma in Forestry from Indian Forest College/ State Forest College, Dehra Dun are also eligible for admissions.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture- (2 courses)
Applicant should have cleared 10+2 or Equivalent examination with minimum qualifying marks.
- Master of Science in Agriculture – (13 courses)
Eligibility criteria are same as per the Master of Science in Rural Banking & Finance Management.
Contact details of Kerala Agricultural University, Vellanikkara, Thrissur
University Name: Kerala Agricultural University
Location: KAU P.O, Thrissur, Kerala – India
Contact Phone No: 0487-2438011
Contact Email address: [email protected]
Website link: www.kau.edu
Other agriculture universities in India