KEAM 2023 will be conducted by CEE, Kerala for providing admissions to the selected candidates in engineering and pharmacy courses. The admissions will be granted into the various participating institutes of the Kerala state. The interested and eligible candidates will be able to submit the application form from February 2023. The entrance exam will be conducted in pen-and-paper mode.
The candidates who will be appearing in the KEAM 2023 exam should start their preparations right away. Since, there is enough time left, starting from now, the candidates will get proper time to get ready for the exam. We are providing here basic preparation tips that can help the candidates in securing good marks in the exam. Other details related to the KEAM 2023, such as application form, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, etc is also provided here.
Table of Contents
KEAM 2023 Important Dates
The official dates of the KEAM 2023 are provided in the table below.
|Online application form availability||February 2023|
|Last date for from submission||February 2023|
|Last date for receipt of printout of application along with supporting documents||February 2023|
|Release of admit card||April 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||April 2023|
|Result declaration||May 2023|
|Centralised Allotment Process (CAP 2023)||May 2023|
KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2023
The KEAM 2023 aspiring candidates must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission unless otherwise notified. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission.
Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31st December 2020. There is no upper age limit for Engineering, Architecture and B.Pharm Courses. For Medical and Allied courses, the upper age limit will be as per the Information Bulletin of NEET (UG)-2023.
For MBBS, BDS, BSMS courses:
- The applicants who have passed their Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Biology/ Biotechnology and 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology can apply.
- The candidates must also hold a valid NEET 2023 scorecard.
For BAMS/ BHMS/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri./ B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry/ B.F.Sc. courses:
The applicants who have passed their Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology can apply.
For BUMS courses:
- The applicants should have passed their Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Apart from this, the candidates should also have passed 10th standard with Urdu/ Arabic/ Persian as a subject or clear the test of Urdu in the entrance examination conducted by the University/ Board/ Registered Society authorized by the Government to conduct such examination.
For B.V.Sc. & AH courses:
- The candidates who have passed their Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology can apply.
For engineering courses:
The candidates should have passed their Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks (40% marks for Management Quota seats in Private/ Government Controlled Self-Financing Colleges) in aggregate of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology/ Biology.
For Architecture course:
- The candidates who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board securing 50% marks in aggregate and Mathematics as a subject can apply. OR
- The applicants with 10+3 diploma in any stream with 50% aggregate marks and Mathematics as a subject are considered eligible. OR
- Those with International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with at least 50% marks in aggregate and Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination are eligible too.
- Along with any of these, a valid NATA 2023 score will also be required.
For B.Pharm Course:
Those who have passed their Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Biology/ Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics can apply.
Note: A relaxation in the qualifying marks will be given as per the reservation rules.
KEAM Application Form 2023
The interested candidates can apply for the KEAM 2023 in online mode. The KEAM application form 2023 will be made available on the official CEE website cee.kerala.gov.in. The candidates will have to fill the information asked in the application form such as personal and academic details and upload scanned copies of photograph and signature. The applicant should also select the course(s) which he/she desires to study. After providing all the details in the application form, the candidates will have to submit it online. The candidates will also have to take a printout of the form, paste an identical photograph as uploaded online and send the application form along with the required certificates. All certificates should be properly filled in and signed by the competent authority and affixed with office seal at specified place. Candidates should send only one application for admission to any or all of the courses.
Along with the application form, an application fee will also be submitted. The fee payment can be done by online payment method or via e-Challan.
|Course||General candidates||SC candidates|
|Engineering/ B.Pharm/ Both||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 300/-|
|Architecture/ Medical & Allied/ Both||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-|
|All of the above||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 400/-|
*ST candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
Candidates choosing Dubai as Examination Centre will have to remit an additional fee of Rs. 12, 000/- by way of online payment. The additional fee can also be remitted by way of e-Challan, if payment is made inside India.
The exam pattern given here will help the candidates in getting a basic idea of the entrance exam:
- The entrance exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Two papers will be asked in the exam, Paper 1- Physics & Chemistry and Paper 2- Mathematics.
- Each paper will be conducted for the duration of 2:30 hours.
- There will be a total of 120 questions asked in each paper.
- Each question will carry 4 marks and for each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
- The candidates who wish to be considered for engineering courses needs to appear for both paper 1 & 2 and those who wish to be considered for pharmacy courses needs to appear for paper 1 only.
|Papers||Subject||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Paper 1||Physics & Chemistry||120||480|
The KEAM 2023 syllabus will be based on the curriculum of standard 11th and 12th. The following topics will be covered in the KEAM syllabus:
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics, Geometry, and Calculus.
- Physics: Units And Measurements, Gravitation, Motion In One Dimension, Motion In Two & Three Dimensions, Laws Of Motion, Waves, Mechanics Of Solids & Fluids, Dual Nature Of Matter And Radiations, Atomic Nucleus, Electromagnetic Induction And Alternating Current, etc.
- Chemistry: Basic Concepts And Atomic Structure, States Of Matter, Periodic Properties Of Elements And Hydrogen, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, Redox Reactions And Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, etc.
How to Prepare for KEAM?
Below here, we are providing certain basic preparation strategies that the candidates can follow to score good marks in the KEAM 2023:
- Make sure you study regularly. Preparing a time table can help you with your studies in an organized manner.
- Solving previous years’ question paper is also considered to be quite helpful in your preparations. It will also help you in discovering your weak points.
- Make sure that you have a clear understanding of the basic concept of every topic. By making a strong foundation, you will be able to understand the complex topics as well.
- Revision plays a key-role in the preparation of the exam. Revise the studied topics on a more frequent basis so that you do not forget the topics studied in the past as you proceed with the new topics.
The following are the most recommended books for preparing for KEAM 2023 exam:
- For Mathematics: NCERT, S. Aggarwal and R.D. Sharma
- For Physics: NCERT, C. Verma, and D.C. Pandey
- For Chemistry: NCERT, P. Tandon (Physical and Inorganic Chemistry) and Arihant Publication (Organic Chemistry)
The admit card for the entrance examination can be downloaded from the official website of CEE cee.kerala.gov.in. The candidates will have to enter their application number and date of birth in order to download the admit card. They will have to take a printout of the admit card to be presented at the exam center. Any discrepancy in the admit card should be removed before the last date of downloading admit card.
The result of the candidates will be declared on the official website of the CEE and on other websites as notified by the CEE. On the basis of the marks scored in the entrance exam and taking other factors into consideration (different for different courses) merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared. The rank list will also be uploaded on the official website. Separate merit lists will be prepared for different courses. As per their names in the merit list, the candidates will be invited to participate in the centralised allotment process.
Centralised Allotment Process
The Centralised Allotment Process for KEAM 2023 will be done through the Single Window System (SWS) to provide allotments to various colleges participating in the allotment process. The allotment will be strictly done on the basis of the options exercised and the rank obtained by the candidates and considering any applicable reservation criteria.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here