KEAM 2022: “KEAM stands for Kerala Engineering, Agricultural, and Medical Entrance Exam.” It is expected that the KEAM application form 2022 will release in the month of February 2022. It is a state-level examination conducted by the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE). The aim of this exam is to shortlist the interested candidates for admission to Engineering, Architectural and Medical courses at different government and private colleges in the state of Kerala. Those interested candidates who are looking to apply for the KEAM 2022 examination need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. The application form will release in online mode. In this article, we are providing complete details related to KEAM 2022.
KEAM 2022 Overview
|Name of the exam||KEAM 2022|
|Full Form||Kerala Engineering Architectural, and Medical 2022|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses||Engineering Courses, Architecture Courses, Medical Courses, Veterinary Courses, Pharmacy Courses|
KEAM 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to the KEAM 2022 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of the official notification||1st week of February 2022|
|Starting of the online application form submission||1st week of February 2022|
|Last date to register on the official website||Last week of February 2022|
|Availability of correction in the application form submitted||2nd week of May 2022 to last week of May 2022|
|Releasing of the admit card for the KEAM 2022 examination||July 2022|
|Date of examination||3rd week of July 2022|
|Publication of answer key||3rd week of July 2022|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of September 2022|
|Publication of rank list||2nd week of September 2022|
|Counselling||To be announced later|
KEAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is the duty of candidates to make sure that they meet the required eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The general eligibility criteria in order to appear for the KEAM 2022 examination is given below.
- The candidate must complete the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2022.
- There is no provision for an upper age limit.
The educational qualification requirement is different for various courses as explained below.
For MBBS. BSMS, BDS courses:
- The candidates must have cleared the Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Biology/ Biotechnology and 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology.
- Aspirants also need to have a valid NEET 2022 score.
For BAMS/ BHMS/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri./ B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry/ B.F.Sc. courses:
- Applicants need to have Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For BUMS courses:
- The candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- In addition to this, aspirants must have passed the 10th standard with Arabic/ Urdu/ Persian as a subject or clear the test of Urdu in the entrance examination conducted by the University/ Board/ Registered Society authorized by the Government to conduct such examination.
For B.V.Sc. & AH courses:
- Aspirants should have cleared the Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
For Architecture courses
- The aspiring candidates must have cleared the 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board securing 50% marks in aggregate and Mathematics as a subject. Or
- Applicants should have passed 10+3 diploma in any stream with 50% aggregate marks and Mathematics as a subject. Or
- Candidates having an International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with at least 50% marks in aggregate and Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination are also eligible.
- Apart from this, candidates also need to have a valid NATA 2022 score.
For B.Pharma Course
- Those candidates who have cleared the Higher Secondary Examinations, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Biology/ Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics are eligible.
Note: Please note that appropriate relaxation in the qualifying marks will be given as per the reservation rules.
KEAM Application Form 2022
The application form for KEAM 2022 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form through the official website i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in. Given below are the details regarding the process of application form submission.
- First of all, aspirants have to visit the official website i.e. www.cee-kerala.org and register themselves.
- At the time of registration, candidates will be asked to provide their basic details like name, mobile number, email address, etc.
- Once registered, candidates will be able to sign-in and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants will be asked to provide their complete educational, personal and contact details.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- In addition to the details, candidates also need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- The format and size of the images should be as per the specifications available on the official website.
- It is also compulsory for the applicants to pay the necessary application fee along with the application form.
- Candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future references.
The application fee is different for the candidates of different categories as explained below.
|Name of the course||General Candidates||SC/ ST candidates|
|Engineering/ B.Pharm/ Both||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 300/-|
|Architecture/ Medical & Allied/ Both||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-|
|All of the above||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 400/-|
Mode of payment
- Online Payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Offline Payment: Applicants can also pay the application fee offline through a demand draft.
Note: Those candidates who will choose Dubai as Examination Centre will have to pay an additional fee of Rs. 12, 000/- by way of online payment. An additional fee can also be paid by way of e-Challan, if payment is made inside India.
KEEM Admit Card 2022
- Authorities will release the admit card once the application form submission gets over.
- The admit card will be made available in online mode only through the official website i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card by entering his/ her registration details.
- The details about the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without having a printout of the downloaded admit card along with a photo ID proof.
- It is advised that aspirants should keep a copy of the admit card safe even after the exam as it might be required at the time of the admission.
KEAM 2022 Exam Pattern
Knowing the examination pattern is extremely important for the candidates who are preparing for the KEAM 2022 exam.
- Mode of examination: Offline (OMR sheet based examination)
- Number of papers: 2
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 120
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
- Total Marks: 480
- Duration of examination: 150 minutes
- Medium of questions: English
Note: Candidates looking to take admission into the pharmacy course have to appear for the paper 1 only. Those who wish to be considered for engineering courses needs to appear for both paper 1 & 2.
Subject-wise pattern of the examination
|Paper||Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
KEAM 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of KEAM 2022 is based on the class 11th and 12th curriculum. Some of the important topics from various subjects are as follows.
- Physics: Introduction and Measurement, Description Of Motion In One Dimension, Description Of Motion In Two And Three Dimensions, Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy And Power, Motion Of System Of Particles And Rigid Body Rotation, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids And Fluids, Heat And Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, etc.
- Chemistry: Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure, Block Elements, States of Matter, Bonding and Molecular Structure, Periodic Properties of Elements & Hydrogen, Basics Principles, Purification & Characterization of Organic Compounds, Hydrocarbons, Coordination Compounds & Organometallics, etc.
- Mathematics: Sets, Relation & Functions, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequations, 3D Geometry, Differential Equations, Application of Derivatives, Indefinite Integrals, Lines & Family of Lines, Mathematical Logic & Boolean Algebra, Trigonometric Functions & Inverse Trigonometric Functions
KEAM Result 2022
- After conducting the examination, authorities will publish the result online through the official website i.e. www.cee-kerala.org.
- To check the result, aspirants have to provide their application form number and password.
- Candidates will get ranks based on the marks secured by them in the entrance test and Physics, chemistry and Mathematics subjects in the class 12th exam.
- It is necessary for a candidate to get at least 10 marks each in paper 1 and paper 2 to get a valid KEAM rank.
KEAM 2022 Counselling
- Those candidates who will get their names in the rank list will be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
- In the counselling process, the seat allotment with the name of Central Allotment Process (CAP) will take place.
- Authorities will also verify the documents at the time of the counselling process.
- Candidates have to choose the institute in which they want to study as per preference.
- The seats will be allotted as per the choice filled by the candidates during the counselling process and merit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it an offline or online examination?
Answer: The examination will take place in offline mode (OMR sheet based test).
Question – 2: Can I pay the application fee by cash or Cheque?
Answer: No, the authorities will not accept the application fee by cash or cheque.
Question – 3: Will there be any negative marking in the KEAM 2022?
Answer: Yes, 1 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
Question – 4: Is it possible to submit the application form for KEAM 2022 in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application forms will be released in online mode only.
Question – 5: Will I get the KEAM 2022 admit card by post?
Answer: No, the admit card will not be sent by post. It must be downloaded from the official website only.