Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2023 will be conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). This entrance exam is a gateway for admission to numerous engineering, science and agricultural courses across the state of Karnataka. The candidates looking to appear for the KCET 2023 exam need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. The application form has been released now.
KCET 2023 is a state-level exam to be held at numerous exam centers all over Karnataka. The aspirant should note the admission to Medical/ Pharmacy and Architecture courses will be granted on the basis of NEET-UG and NATA score respectively. For the rest of the courses, the admission will be granted on the basis of KCET 2023 score.
Latest: KCET 2023 application form has been released now.
Table of Contents
KCET 2023 Overview
The candidates seeking admission through KCET exam should check the important highlights of this exam as given below:
- It is being expected that application form of the exam will be available from June 2023.
- The application form will be released only in online mode.
- The exam is expected to be conducted in offline (Pen and Paper based) mode
- KCET exam will not be conducted for medical and architecture courses. In such courses, the admissions will be provided on the basis of NEET-UG and NATA scores.
- The eligibility criteria will be different for all the courses, the candidates are requested to check the eligibility criteria carefully before submitting the application form.
KCET 2023 Important Dates
The tentative schedule for the KCET 2023 is given below.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of application form and information brochure||1st March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd March 2023|
|Availability of correction window||5th April 2023|
|Release of Admit card||5th May 2023
|Date of Exam||20th and 21st May 2023
|Date of language test (only for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates)||August 2023|
|Verification of Documents (Agriculturist quota candidates)||September 2023|
|Date of Practical examination for UG Agriculture/ Veterinary/ Horticulture universities under “Agriculturist Quota”||September 2023|
The admission to following courses is available through the KCET exam
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.)
- BSc. (Hons) Agriculture/ B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture/ B.Sc (Hons) Forestry
- BTech. Bio-Technology
- BSc. (Hons) Community Science
- BTech (Agri.Engg)
- BTech (Dairy Tech)
- BTech (Food Technology)
- BF.Sc (Fisheries),
- BTech (Food Science &Tech)
- BSc. (Hons) Agri. Marketing & Co-Op
- BPharma and Pharma-D
KCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the KCET 2023 exam will be as follows:
- Mode of Examination: Offline (OMR Sheet based exam)
- Session of exam: The exam will be held in 4 sessions in 2 days.
- Number of subjects: 4 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology)
- Duration of exam: 80 minutes for each session.
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions.
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking
|Session – 1st||Biology||60|
|Session – 2nd||Mathematics||60|
|Session – 3rd||Physics||60|
|Session – 4th||Chemistry||60|
KCET 2023 Syllabus: The syllabus of KCET is based on the 1st and 2nd PUC syllabi as prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
KCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of KCET 2023 depend upon the course in which the candidate is looking for admission.
For B.E/ B.Tech
- The candidate must have passed 12th standard or equivalent exam with English, Mathematics, Physics and Biology/ Chemistry/ Electronics/ Bio-technology/ Computer subject.
- The candidates must have scored at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and Biology/ Chemistry/ Electronics/ Biotechnology/ Computer subjects (40% for SC/ ST candidates)
For B.SC (Hons) Agriculture/ Sericulture/ Horticulture/ Forestry/ Community Science
- The candidates should have passed class 12th or equivalent exam with Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Biology subjects.
For Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) course
- The aspirant must have passed 12th standard or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks in Biology, physics, chemistry and English subjects (40 % for SC/ ST candidates)
KCET 2023 Application Form
- The application form of the KCET 2023 exam will be made available only in online mode through the official website.
- In order to fill the application form, the candidates must have a valid email ID and phone number.
- While filling the application form, the aspirant needs to provide all the necessary educational, personal and contact details.
- Along with the details, the candidates have to scan and upload their photograph as well.
- It is advised that the candidates should keep the 2-3 identical copies of the uploaded photograph for future requirement.
- After submitting the application form, the candidate should take a printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
The application form is not valid without submitting the application fee. The application fee for different candidates will be as follows:
- General/ OBC candidates of Karnataka: Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST and female candidates of Karnataka: Rs. 250/-
- Candidates from outside of Karnataka: Rs. 750/-
- Candidates from outside of India: Rs. 5000/-
KCET 2023 Admit Card
- The authority has released the admit card online through the official website.
- In order to download the admit card, the candidates have to provide their application number and date of birth.
- The information such as exam date, time, exam center address will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to carry the hard copy of the admit card at the exam center. No candidate will be permitted to take the exam without a valid admit card.
- It is recommended that the candidates should keep their admit card safe until the KCET 2023 admission process gets completed.
KCET 2023 Result
- Before the declaration of KCET 2023 result, the authority will release the answer key.
- The candidates will be allowed to submit their objections against the answer keys.
- After the clarification of answer keys, the authorities will publish the result along with the merit list.
- A separate merit list will be released for all the courses.
- Ranks will be allotted to the candidates as per their performance in the entrance exam.
KCET 2023 Counselling
- Once the result is declared, the authorities will invite successful candidates to take part in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, the candidates need to provide their choice of college and course.
- Documents of the candidates will also be verified at the time of counselling.
- The allotment of seats will be done only on the basis of merit.