KCET 2022 application form has been released online on
5th April 2022 12th April 2022. Candidates, who seek admission in B.Tech, Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons.), B.Pharma, B.V.Sc & AH, D.Pharma etc. courses offered by various government and private colleges of Karnataka state should appear for Karnataka CET. It is a state-level exam which is conducted in offline mode by Karnataka Examinations Authority. Those have passed class 12th exam are eligible to apply for KCET entrance exam. Check this article to know important information regarding KCET 2022.
Latest: KCET 2022 application form has been released on
12th April 2022 18th April 2022, the exam will be conducted on 16th to 18th June 2022.
Table of Contents
KCET 2022 Overview
|Name of the exam||KCET 2022|
|Full form||Karnataka CET|
|Who conducts the exam?||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
|Courses||B.Tech, Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons.), B.Pharma, B.V.Sc & AH, D.Pharma etc.|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
KCET 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to KCET 2022 are provided in the table below:
|Important Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Official notification release date|
|Availability of online application form||To be updated|
|Last date of submission of application form||To be updated|
|Last date for payment of application fee in bank/ e-post office||To be updated|
|Opening of application correction window||To be updated|
|Closing of application correction window||To be updated|
|Admit card release date||To be updated|
|Entrance exam date||16th to 18th June 2022|
|Date of Kannada language test||To be updated|
|Commencement of document verification for Agriculturist quota candidates||To be updated|
|Date of practical exam for Agriculturist quota candidates||To be updated|
KCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Check out the basic eligibility criteria for applying to the KCET 2022:
Age Criteria: No age limit has been prescribed to apply for KCET excluding Pharma-d, B.Pharma, and Naturopathy & Yoga courses. For theses courses, candidates should be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2022.
- BE/ B.Tech: Candidates need to pass their class 12th exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Electronics/ Computer subjects scoring at least 45% marks in aggregate of these subjects and overall (40% marks for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, PWD candidates). A pass in English as a subject at 10+2 level is also necessary.
- B.Tech Agriculture Engineering/ Biotechnology/ Dairy Technology/ Food Technology/ Food Science & Technology: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology is required to be eligible.
- B.Pharma: Applicants who have cleared their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- B.Pharma (lateral entry): The candidates should hold Diploma in Pharmacy degree of an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India obtaining at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% marks for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, PWD candidates).
- Pharma.D: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics is required. Those with a Diploma in Pharmacy can apply too.
- B.Arch: The applicants should pass their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects and overall (45% marks for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, PWD candidates).
- B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture/ Sericulture/ Horticulture/ Agriculture Marketing & Co-Op/ Forestry/ Community Science: Candidates need to pass their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- B.V.Sc & AH: Those who clear their class 12th exam pass with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English securing at least 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects (40% marks for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, PWD candidates).
KCET 2022 Application Form
The candidates can apply online for KCET 2022 by visiting the official website of KEA www.kea.kar.nic.in. Only those candidates who submit their applications in time will be considered for further process of admission.
- Candidates need to provide basic personal details like name, gender, date of birth, email address, phone number, etc to fill the application form.
- Academic details such as passing year of qualifying exam, marks obtained, school/ board name, etc should be provided next.
- The candidates will also have to upload scanned copies of their signature and photograph in the application form in scanned format.
- Once all the details are entered correctly in the application form, the candidates can submit it through online mode.
- Along with the application form, the candidates are also required to submit a specified amount of application fee.
- A copy of the filled and submitted application form should be taken and kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
- A fee of Rs. 500/- should be submitted by the candidates as KCET 2022 application fee.
- For SC/ ST & women candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 250/-.
Mode of payment:
- Payment of application fee can be done by the means of challan submission at selected banks or e-post office.
- The challan is generated at the time of filling the application form.
KCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic overview of KCET exam pattern 2022 below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Exam duration: 320 minutes
- Number of sessions: 4
- Number of questions: 240
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 240
- Marking scheme: For each right answer 1 mark will be provided to the candidates.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
KCET 2022 Admit Card
- KCET 2022 admit card to appear in the entrance exam will be published on the official website of KEA.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card online. No admit card will be sent through post or courier.
- After downloading, a printout of the admit card should be taken by the candidates to be carried to the exam center.
- Those who report to the exam center without an admit card and a valid photo id proof will be debarred from appearing in the exam.
- It is advised that the candidates keep their admit card safe as it is required at the time of admission as well.
KCET 2022 Answer Key
- Concerned authority will release the answer key for the Karnataka CET 2022 around a week after the exam is over.
- Candidates will be able to check the answer key by visiting the official website www.kea.kar.nic.in.
- The candidates will also be given the opportunity to submit any objection on answer key, if found.
- An expert committee will be set up to see and fix the discrepancies reported and will upload the final answer key.
Karnataka CET 2022 Result
- Candidates who appeared successfully for the exam can check their result from the official website of KEA.
- To check their result, the candidates will be required to provide their roll number, date of birth and other similar details.
- On the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam, a merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared.
- After the merit list is prepared, the candidates included in the list will be invited for attending the counseling round.
KCET 2022 Counseling
- Details regarding the counseling process will be communicated to the candidates by the website of KEA.
- At the time of counseling, original documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified.
- The candidates will also be asked to provide their choice for course and institute after successful document verification.
- Candidates will then be allotted seats according to their choice and merit and are required to complete formalities of admission.
KCET 2022 FAQs
Can I obtain my application form through offline mode?
No. The application form will only be released through online mode on the official website of KEA.
I haven’t cleared my qualifying exam yet. Can I still apply for admission?
Candidates appearing in their qualifying exam in the year 2022 can apply for the entrance exam. However, result of such exams should be declared before the starting of admission process.
In case I find any discrepancy in the answer key, whom should I contact?
The candidates can send any discrepancy related to answer key to the ‘Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore’ on or before prescribed last date through speed post or email.
Is it compulsory to appear in the Kannada Language Test?
Applicants who are claiming eligibility for Government seats under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses and whose mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Kodava need to appear in the Kannada Language Test necessarily.
How can I provide the preference for exam center for appearing in KCET?
The candidates will be able to provide their preference for exam center at the time of filling the application form.