Karnataka Polytechnic 2022 admission process will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka for offering admissions to the candidates in diploma courses. The interested candidates will have to submit their application form in order to be considered for admissions. The admission will be granted in the polytechnic colleges of Karnataka on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam. Through this article, we are providing the applicants all the necessary details regarding the Karnataka Polytechnic 2022 such as eligibility requirements, procedure of submitting application form, selection process, etc.
Karnataka Polytechnic 2022 Important Dates
|Availability of online application form||Aug 2022|
|Last date for application form submission||Aug 2022|
|Release of merit list||Sep 2022|
|Commencement of counseling||Oct 2022|
Karnataka Polytechnic Eligibility Criteria 2022
The following eligibility criteria must be satisfied by the candidates who wish to appear for Karnataka Polytechnic 2022 admission process:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidates should have done 5 years of academic study in Karnataka including qualifying examination.
- A pass in the SSLC or equivalent exam with a minimum aggregate of 35% is required.
- The candidates who wish to apply for Diploma in Library Science and Information Management should have passed Karnataka PUC-II or equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
- Those who have passed the class 10th exam conducted by CBSE/ ICSE will have to produce Eligibility Certificates obtained from the Secretary, Board of Technical Examinations, at the time of document verification and online application submission process.
- The candidates who wish to apply for admission to part-time diploma courses should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the respective technical field after passing SSLC as on 01-07-2020 and must also obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer.
Karnataka Polytechnic Application Form 2022
The candidates will be able to download the Karnataka Polytechnic application form from the official website dte.kar.nic.in. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide the personal details such as their name, gender, date of birth, category, address, contact number, email id, etc and details of educational qualification such as qualifying exam board, qualifying exam marks, years of passing, etc. The candidates will also have to submit an application fee of Rs. 100/- (Rs. 50/- for SC/ ST/ Cat I candidates). The candidates can pay the application fee in the State Bank of India to obtain the counterfoil of the Challan. The filled-in application form should be submitted in person along with one set of self attested photo copies of the relevant documents and counterfoil of the bank Challan in person at the nearest Document Verification Center on or before the last date.
The candidates will have to report to the nearest document verification center for verification of their original documents. The online uploading of the application form will also be done at the verification center. After verification of documents and uploading of the application, a printed copy of the application and acknowledgment will be issued to the candidates.
A draft merit list of the eligible candidates will be prepared and published on the official website. An SMS regarding the same will also be sent to the registered mobile number of the candidates. If there is any correction required in the draft merit list, the candidates can submit their objections. After that, a final merit list of the candidates will be prepared.
As per their names in the merit list and the schedule announced by the DTE on their official website, the candidates will have to appear for online interactive counseling at the nodal centers. After the counseling, the seat allotment will be done as per the choice and ranking of the candidates. The candidate must bring all the relevant original documents, printed copy of application, acknowledgement, passport size photographs and prescribed fee for spot admission. After the payment of prescribed fee, the candidates will receive an admission order from the nodal center. The candidate should visit the allotted polytechnic institute along with the admission order and other required documents to complete the process of admission.
SSLC or equivalent exam mark sheets
Original Transfer Certificate/ T.C Endorsement (NOC) from the concerned Institutions
Study certificate (for a minimum five years period)
Kannada medium study certificate
Physical fitness certificate issued by the Registered Medical Practitioner
06 passport size photos