Krishna All India Entrance Test acronyms as KAIET is hosted by Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences- a deemed University of Karad for admission to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and B.sc nursing courses. It is a national level entrance examination and will be conducted at eleven centers across the nation. Below we are going to provide you all important details regarding KAIET entrance exam which includes eligibility criteria, application procedure, KAIET Syllabus, examination pattern, important dates etc. Interested candidates who want to get admission in MBBS Programme under this institute can check the below mentioned details.
Required Eligibility criteria for KAIET
For MBBS & BDS:
Applicants need to appear for a pre medical test, KAIET to qualify.
Age and domicile eligibility:
Candidate must be an Indian citizen
She/he must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or must attain 17 years of their age on or before 31st December of admission year.
- The interested candidates must have cleared the qualifying examinations in the prescribed manner as given below:
- The applicants must have done Higher Secondary/Central Board of Education Examination/ Indian School Certificate Examination or a correspondent examination with core subjects including Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English.
- The candidate should have qualified in the subjects of Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English separately and should have attained at least of 50% marks taken together in Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English at the qualifying examination.
- Candidates from Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Other Backward Classes should have cleared in the subjects of Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English separately and should have attained at least of 40% marks taken together in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology at the qualifying examination
- Candidates, who have appeared or will be appearing in the mandatory exam and whose results have not been announced yet can also apply for pre medical test, provided that they need to satisfy other eligibility criteria.
How to apply for KAIET?
- The interested applicants get online Application Form by visiting the official website of authority which is www.kimsuniversity.in and needed to be sent the duly filled application form within scheduled time as per the following instructions:
- Correct and complete details and data entry is to be made in the KAIET 2016 online application format by the applicant to download the application form.
- Candidates need to submit hard copy of the downloaded application form along with the necessary Demand Draft of Rs 1,500/- in favor of Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University, payable at Karad on or before the due date.
The competent Authority:
Krishna Institue of Medical Sciences University
Near Dhebewadi Road,
District: Satara Maharashtra State, Pin code- 415110
- Candidates are advised to provide all important details including recent color photograph of the candidate, applicant’s signature, signature of candidate’s parent/guardian, left thumb impression, etc accurately and in prescribed format otherwise incomplete forms will be rejected.
- Online offered forms will be acknowledged only after receiving the hard copy of the application form and the required DD of Rs 1, 500/-(Rs. 500/- (form fee) & Rs. 1000 (Entrance test fee).
Apart from online, one can also avail the KAIET 2016 Application form in person from the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University office, Karad, by the cash payment of Rs.500 and by post with an extra payment of Rs.100 by demand draft in favor of Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University, payable at Karad. The completely filled in application form must be reached at the university on or before the due date along with a Demand Draft of Rs.1000
*The University will not be responsible for any loss or delay of the application form / admit card / or any other letter in transit
*For admission in MBBS and BDS course, applicants are suggested to get and maintain proof of demand draft and mail of the application form.
KAIET important dates
Commencement of KAIET Application forms: —
End Date of submission of KAIET Application form: —
KAIET Admit Cards will be issued on: —
KAIET Exam date: —
KAIET result will be declared on: —
KAIET Syllabus and Examination Pattern
The syllabus for the combined entrance test for Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany will be based on syllabus prescribed by 12th Boards/Universities. For more details regarding KAIET, please refer to the information booklet.
KAIET Examination Pattern
The duration of KAIET Entrance Examination will be of 180 minutes i.e. three hours. The exam will held in English language only and will carry 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) from Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
KAIET exam is going to conducted at Chandigarh, Delhi, Indore, Surat, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Hyderabad, Cochin and Karad in the year 2016.
Admit card will be downloaded on the prescribed date from its official website i.e. http://kimsuniversity.in/. Admit card will consist of information such as candidates’ roll number and examination centre name along with address. Due to some reason, if any candidate fails to download their admit card on the prescribed date then they need to contact the respective authority immediately. A duplicate admit card will be issued to candidates at “Held Desk” established at candidates’ respective exam centres.
To claim for duplicate admit card at examination centres, candidates will have to produce two identical photographs, photocopy of submitted application form and school/college identity proof.
Declaration of Results and Merit Number
Results and merit number will be published at official portal of the respective authority in between the prescribed dates. Candidates will be selected for the mentioned course as per their marks in KAIET.
Tie-Breaking Methods Following by Conducting Authority
If two or more than two candidates have secured similar marks in the test then following method will be adopted by the conducting authority to break ties and decide inter-se merit.
- Higher marks obtained in Biology in KAIET exam will be preferred first.
- Higher marks in chemistry will be preferred at second level.
- Higher SSC or its equivalent exam percentage will be preferred at third level.
- If the tie still persists then an older applicant will be preferred over a younger one.
Counselling schedule will be notified to candidates along with merit list at the official website. Please keep visiting this post for further updates. At the time of counseling candidates will have to produce following certificates in original along with two photocopies of each document:
- Class X and XII marks statements;
- DOB proof, you may submit SSC certificate or SLC or CLC.
- Migration certificate;
- Transfer/Leaving certificate;
- Conduct and Character certificate from the respective individual;
- Category certificate, if necessary;
- Nationality certificate;
- Medical Fitness certificate;
- Six recently taken passport size photographs along with your names should be written on the backside of the photographs.
- Prescribed amount of fees including hostel fee (for hosteller);
- Equivalence certificate obtained from competent authorities (For NRI category candidates).
Intake capacity of MBBS and BDS programmes as per the last year notification:
|Course Name||Intake Capacity|
*85% seats will be filled by General category candidates, whereas rest 15% by NRI/PIO/FN Category.
*Admission of candidates will be confirmed according to the inter se merit of applicants who have quailed in KAIET.
Fee Structure – KAIET
In the year 2015, fee structure for MBBS and BDS course was as follows. You may find changes in the upcoming session. In case of any updates the same will be notified here.
How to Put Claim for Verification of Marks?
Candidates who’d like to verify their answer sheet they will be required to put a written request along with demand draft of Rs. 1000/- should be drawn in favour of KIMSU payable at Karad. Candidates are required to put the request within four days of declaration of the result.
Feel free to Share your query with us, if any. We will try our level best to revert soon. Thanks