UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019: The official notification for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 will be released on the UPSC website on 20th March 2019. Candidates can apply for the posts of Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, and Junior Hydrogeologists in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines and Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water.
Candidates, who are eligible, can apply for the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019. Aspirants can find all the significant details about the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 application form, exam pattern, eligibility criteria and important dates in the given post.
Latest Update- The online application form will be accessible from 20th March 2019. One can apply here from the given date.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 Important Dates
The dates for Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 have been given in the following table:
|Sl.No.||Name of the Events||Dates Assigned|
|1.||Application form release date||20th March 2019|
|2.||Last date for application form submission||16th April 2019|
|3.||Date of availability of admit card||To be Updated|
|4.||Date of commencement of the examination||28th June 2019|
|5.||Date of announcement of result||To be Updated|
|6.||Date of Interview||To be Updated|
|7.||Final result announcement date||To be Updated|
Candidates applying for the examination must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria to take part in the Examination. The Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam Eligibility criteria have been given in the following points:
- Citizen of India, or subject of Nepal, or subject of Bhutan or Tibetan refugee can apply for the exam.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January 2019).
- For the post of Hydrogeologist, the upper age limit will be 35 years.
- Candidates of the reserved category and government servants will be given the legitimate relaxation in the upper age as per rules.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards specified for appearing to the entrance test
- Educational criteria for Geologists Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Candidates should have obtained Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Geological Science or Geo-Exploration or Engineering Geology or Mineral Exploration or Earth Science and Resource Management or Marine Geology or Oceanography and Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Petroleum Geosciences or Coastal Area Studies or Geophysical Technology or Petroleum Exploration.
- Educational criteria for Geophysicists Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Applicants should have done M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. in Physics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or Applied Physics or M.Sc (Geophysics) or M.Sc Physics degree.
- Educational criteria for Chemists Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Aspirants must be done M.Sc degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or Applied Chemistry.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 Application Form
Candidates need to fill and submit the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam Application Form 2019 as according to the details given below in the points:
- The Online Applications will be filled and submitted through the official website of UPSC.
- The application form will be released in the month of March which must be filled with the correct details as asked.
- The details will be of the age, educational qualifications, address, email ID and contact information.
- Candidates also have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature as per the format prescribed in the official notification.
- Make the payment of the necessary application fee for the successful application submission.
- Candidates should submit the duly filled application completed in all respects before the due date.
- Incomplete and defective applications will not be considered in any situations.
The candidates have to pay Rs.200/- as an applicable application fee. There will be no fee for Female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD category. The payment of said fee can be made via using any Visa/Master/RuPay/ Credit/Debit Card or by cash in any branch of SBI
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 Pattern
The details of the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam Pattern 2019 have been given in the following points:
- The first part of the whole examination process will be of question papers of subjective nature (Written).
- For the post of Geologist, there will be three question papers of 200 marks each.
- There will be 3 question papers for the post of Geophysicist. Each of the question paper will be of 200 marks.
- Similarly, for the post of Chemist, there will be 3 question papers of Chemistry.
- Candidates, who have applied for the post-Jr. Hydrogeologist, will be required to qualify 2 question papers of Geology and 1 question paper of Hydrogeology.
- After qualifying the written exam, candidates will have to qualify the Interview/ Personality Test.
- The Interview/ Personality Test will be of 200 marks.
Candidates can check the written examination scheme, for the post of Geophysicist, Geologist and Chemist Group ‘A’ in GSI and Junior Hydro-geologist (Scientist ‘B’), Group ‘A’ for Central Ground Water Board.
|For all categories||General English||100||3 hours|
|For the post of Geologist||Geology Paper I||200||3 hours|
|Geology Paper II||200||3 hours|
|Geology Paper III||200||3 hours|
|For the post of Geophysicist||Geophysics Paper I||200||3 hours|
|Geophysics Paper II||200||3 hours|
|Geophysics Paper III||200||3 hours|
|For the post of Chemist||Chemistry Paper I||200||3 hours|
|Chemistry Paper II||200||3 hours|
|Chemistry Paper III||200||3 hours|
|For the Post of Jr. Hydrogeologist||Geology Paper I||200||3 hours|
|Geology Paper II||200||3 hours|
The exam will be organized at the following centers:
Candidates can obtain the admit card through online mode only. The UPSC will issue the admit card/hall ticket to registered candidates in the month of March 2019 tentatively. To download the admit card, candidates need to enter their login details. Admit card is an important document to carry at the examination center on the day of the exam.
UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam Syllabus 2019
The syllabus for UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2019 will be different for all four categories. However, the paper of General English is compulsory and common for all categories. In General English paper, candidates will have to write a short essay in English. Three mandatory papers each on Chemistry, Geology-Geophysics, and Hydrogeology subjects will be based on M.Sc. degree level syllabus of an Indian University. Questions in these papers will generally be set to check candidate’s knowledge of the fundamentals in each subject.
The result of UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist 2019 exam will be announced in the month of August 2019 tentatively. Candidate can check the result from the official website of UPSC. After the announcement of the result, a merit list will be prepared for the shortlisted candidates for the recruitment.