UPSC CAPF 2019: UPSC conducts the admission exam for the post of Assistant Commandants in the Central Armed Police Force. Candidates, who wish to join the CAPF as an Assistant Commandant, can apply for the UPSC CAPF 2019. Most likely, the application form for UPSC CAPF exam 2019 will be available in the month of May 2019. Candidates need to fulfill the required eligibility criteria before applying for the UPSC CAPF AC exam. The conducting commission will organize the CAPF AC 2019 exam once in a year on 18th August 2019. Candidates have been provided all the essential information of the CAPF 2019 application form, exam pattern, eligibility criteria and important dates in the given write-up.
Candidates can find the online application form for UPSC CAPF exam 2019 from 24th April 2019.
Highlights on UPSC CAPF Exam
|Name of exam||UPSC Central Armed Police Forces|
|Popularly known as||UPSC CAPF|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam date||18th August 2019|
|Name of the Post offered||Assistant Commandants in BSF, CRPF, CISF, SSB|
|Number of posts||180 (approx)|
|Minimum eligibility||Bachelor’s degree|
|Availability of application form||24th April 2019|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fee||Rs 200|
|Selection process||Written Exam, followed by Physical & Medical standard and Physical Efficiency Test & PI|
UPSC CAPF 2019 Important Dates
The dates for CAPF 2019 have been given in the following table:
|Sl.No.||Name of the Events||Dates Assigned|
|1.||Release date of CAPF official notification||24th April 2019|
|2.||Date for CAPF application form submission (Prelims)||24th April 2019|
|3.||Last date to submit the online application form (Prelims)||20th May 2019|
|4.||CAPF Admit Card 2019||Notified Soon|
|5.||CAPF Examination date||18th August 2019|
|6.||Announcement of the Result of the Exam||Notified Soon|
|7.||Date of Commencement of CAPF interview||Notified Soon|
|8.||Announcement of the final result||Notified Soon|
The CAPF Eligibility criteria have been given in the following points:
- All Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the UPSC CAPF 2019.
- Candidate must have a bachelor degree from a recognized university or Institute.
- A candidate must be 20 years old and must not have attained the age of 25 on 1st August
- Candidates of the reserved category will get relaxation in the upper age.
- The age relaxation in the upper age will be of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for the SC and ST candidates.
- Candidates must fulfill the set Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Armed Police Forces.
UPSC CAPF Application Form 2019
Candidates need to fill and submit the CAPF Application Form 2019 as according to the details given below in the points:
- The UPSC CAPF application form will be available on the official website of UPSC.
- The official website of UPSC is ‘www.upsc.gov.in’.
- The application process of UPSC CAPF will be completed in 2 parts i.e. Part A, & Part B.
- The part-A is online registration process in which candidates have to register themselves for the exam.
- On successful registration, Registration ID and password will be generated.
- In the Second part of application process, the applicants will have to login with Registration ID and Password i.e., Date of Birth and then proceed to fill the details in application form.
- Candidates need to provide all the details correctly in the CAPF application form.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee as well at the time of the submission of the application form.
- The application fee will be of Rs. 200/‐ which must be paid by the candidates through the Visa/Master Credit/Debit card.
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2019
There will be 3 stages of the UPSC CAPF exam 2019. The details of the UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2019 have been given in the following points:
- The written exam will be commenced in the month of July which will be conducted in two sessions.
- The question papers will be bilingual i.e., will be both in Hindi and English.
- There will be two question papers, viz., Paper-I will be of objective nature and Paper-II will be of subjective nature.
- The question paper-I will have questions from the General Ability and Intelligence and the total marks will be 250.
- There will be negative marking in the objective question paper.
- The question paper-II will be of ‘General Studies, Essay and Comprehension’ which will be of 200 marks.
- Lastly, there will be Interview/Personality Test which will carry 150 Marks.
The authority will release the admit card to registered candidates three weeks before the commencement of UPSC CAPF 2019 exam. The e-admission certificate/admit card will be made available online in the UPSC website for downloading by candidates. The Admit Card will not be sent via post to any candidate. Candidate can download the admit card by entering RID (Registration Identity) & Date of Birth.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2019
The UPSC CAPF 2019 exam will be conducted in four Phases and the syllabus for each phase will be different. Below, candidates can check the syllabus for Written Exam which will be held in 2 parts.
Syllabus for UPSC CAPF 2019 – Paper I
General Ability and Intelligence: Under this section, following six topics will be covered:
- General Science: General awareness of science, scientific temper, knowledge and importance of scientific experiments of everyday observation including new areas of importance like IT, Biotechnology, and Environmental Science.
- General Mental Ability: It contains questions from the logical reasoning, numerical ability, quantitative aptitude, and data interpretation ability.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will be designed in this section to test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international level the fields of governance, business, globalization, industry, culture, sports, arts, sports, literature, and music.
- History of India: This part covers the questions from social, economic and political aspects. It will also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian Polity and Economy: In this section, candidates’ knowledge about Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social life and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- Indian and World Geography: The questions will include topics from physical, social and economic aspects of geography related to India and the World.
Syllabus for General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A: It consists of Essay questions which are to be answered in long description form either in English or Hindi totaling 80 Marks. The problem-solving topics are related to modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, Indian Politics and Economy, social security and human rights, geography, issues and analytical ability.
Part-B: Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language
Result for UPSC CAPF 2019 written exam will be announced most likely in the month of August 2019- September 2019. After the announcement of result, a Merit list will be declared on the basis of UPSC CAPF 2019 Written Exam and Interview. Candidates can check their result from the official website i.e. www.upsc.gov.in by entering their Roll no. or registration number. The Result will be uploaded in pdf file containing the details like Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Category and Marks obtained of the qualified candidates.
Candidates who successfully qualified in the written exam will be invited for next round i.e. Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Test. The selected candidate who qualified these rounds will be considered eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandant. Candidates must bring original documents related to academic qualification, category, residential proof, and scorecard etc. for the verification.