TNTET 2018: Government of Tamil Nadu, Teachers Recruitment Board is going to invite the applications for the post of Teacher in Tamil Nadu state through TNTET 2018. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per the scheduled date.
Candidates have to qualify the Tamil Nadu Eligibility Test (TNTET 2018) to be eligible for the said post. The TNTET 2018 application form will available probably in the month of March 2018. All the applicants who are going to appear in the TNTET 2018 exam can check the complete information regarding TNTET 2018 from the article mentioned below on this webpage.
TNTET 2018 Important dates (tentative)
All the important dates associated with TNTET 2018 have been provided below. Please go through the dates and apply for the exam accordingly. Currently, the dates given in this table are tentative in nature and it will be updated after the announcement of its respective notification.
|Application form will available from||Perhaps in March 2018|
|Deadline for submission of Application Form||March 2018|
|Last date for receiving of filled in Application Form||March 2018|
|Date of written examination for Paper I||April 2018|
|Date of written examination for Paper II||April 2018|
TNTET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants should meet with the necessary eligibility criteria before appearing in the entrance exam. The eligibility criteria of TNTET 2018 for both papers are as follows:
Eligibility criteria to appear in TET Paper I:
Aspirants who have done Higher Secondary Course (10+2 scheme) and Diploma in Teacher Education / Diploma in Elementary Education (on the subject of the applicants who have qualified D.T.Ed., from States other than Tamil Nadu, their certificate must be estimated before Certificate Verification) from a Recognized DIET / Teacher Training Institute and want an appointment as Secondary Grade Teacher for classes 1 to 5th (except Visually Impaired applicants) can apply for Paper I.
Applicants appearing in the final year examination of D.E.Ed are also allowed to appear for Paper I in the TNTET. However, such applicants are required to pass the qualifying examination with the prescribed marks and also produce D.E.Ed., Certificate during counseling process. If fails their candidature will be rejected. Visually impaired applicants are not eligible to write Paper I.
Eligibility for TET Paper 2:
- Applicants seeking an appointment as Graduate Teacher should have cleared a Bachelor’s Degree i.e. B.A. / B.Litt/ B.Sc. / with English, Tamil, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, History, Zoology, and Geography as major subjects in their qualifying degree course or a Degree with any one of the equivalent subjects from a Recognized University under 10+2+3 scheme and a B.Ed from a Recognized University and can write Paper 2.
- Candidates who have a B.Lit., (Tamil) degree should hold either B.Ed. or D.T.Ed. Or TPT
- Applicants appearing in the B.Ed final year are also eligible to write in paper- 2 of the Teacher Eligibility Test. Provided, they must successfully complete the course as per the specified time and must produce B.Ed., Certificate at the time of Certificate Verification. Otherwise, the candidature of applicants will be rejected.
TNTET 2018 Application Form: How to apply?
- Aspirants can obtain the application form from the Head Masters of Higher Secondary Schools specified by the Chief Educational Officers concerned against the payment of Rs. 50/- in cash.
- The duly filled-in application form and the TRB Copy of the Fees Payment Challan should be kept inside the envelope given and submitted in person in the Office of the District Educational Officer. Applicants are suggested to take an acknowledgement on the photo copy of the form.
- Candidates should note that the concerned District Educational Office will not accept the applications submitted after due date.
- There is no need to send the filled-in Application Form directly to the Teachers Recruitment Board.
Candidates have to pay Rs 500/- (Rupees 250/- in case of candidates from SC/ST/ PWD category) as necessary exam fee.
For TNTET 2018 Paper 1
The paper will comprise of 150 Multiple Choice Questions to be completed in three hours. The distribution of questions along with marks in various subjects is listed below:
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant age group 6-11 years )||30||30|
|3.||Language II – English||30||30|
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant age group 11 – 14 years )||30||30|
|3.||Language II – English||30||30|
|4.||For Science/Mathematics teachers or For Social science teacher or any teacher||60||60|
The Government of Tamil Nadu, Teachers Recruitment Board will release the Admit Card for TNTET 2018 for all the eligible candidates who registered successfully. To download the admit card, candidates are required to enter their registration number and date of birth.
Aspirants can check their result online via using following instructions:
- First of all, candidates should visit the official website of conducting body i.e. trb.tn.nic.in
- After that, click on the TNTET 2018 Result on the home page of the official website.
- Now, candidates should enter their TNTET 2018 Exam Roll number in the specified fields
- Then, click on the submit button.
- Soon the Result will be displayed on the new page of the website.
- Candidates can download the result and take the printout of the same for future reference.