The Tamil Nadu Teacher’s Recruitment Board has set some of the guidelines that are also known as TNTET eligibility criteria 2019 and the applicants need to fulfill these criteria. These eligibility criteria will specify you the academic qualification, age limit, minimum marks etc. needed to apply for TNTET 2019. The examination authority specifies the eligibility required for both the paper- Paper I & Paper II.
All the applicants interested in the examination must read the TNTET eligibility criteria 2019 to know whether they are eligible to apply or not. Only those applicants are invited to fill the application form for TNTET 2019 who will fulfill all the criteria specified by TNTRB (Tamil Nadu Teacher’s Recruitment Board). If an applicant apply for the examination without reading the eligibility criteria and later on he/she found to be fail in meeting any of the eligibility criteria mentioned below then his/her application will not be accepted by the examination authority. Let’s go through the TNTET eligibility criteria 2019 together.
TNTET Eligibility Criteria 2019
The examination authority ‘TNTRB” has set the eligibility criteria required for both Paper I & Paper II. Here we have listed the eligibilities separately for both the papers. The applicants can check the eligibility for the paper (paper I or paper II) they are applying for. Paper I is to get recruitment in standard 1-5 and paper II is for 6-8. The details of the TNTET eligibility criteria 2019 is as follows-
TNTET Eligibility Criteria 2019- Paper I
The TNTET eligibility criteria 2019 for paper I have been discussed below as per the specification of the examination authority TNTRB.
- All the appearing applicants must have cleared Higher Secondary from a recognized Board. They also have a diploma certificate in teaching/elementary education.
- The applicants who have passed Higher Secondary from states other than Tamil Nadu have to bring their necessary certificates assessed by a recognized Teachers Training Institute or DIET for hunting appointments in teaching job for standard 1-5 and to earn the candidature to write paper I.
- The applicants who are in the final year of their D.E.Ed, can also apply for paper I examination. These applicants have to complete their course in the same year and also have to obtain the necessary documents needed for appointments, otherwise they will not be allowed to participate in the procedure.
- The applicants studying in the final year of D.E.Ed will be admitted anyways. The TNTET eligibility certificate 2018 will be issued to these applicants only if they obtain their D.E.Ed diploma certificate during verification.
TNTET Eligibility Criteria 2019- Paper II
We have listed the TNTET eligibility criteria 2019 for paper II (standard 6-8) according to the guidelines of the examination authority TNTRB.
- The applicants should have qualified bachelor’s degree in any of these streams- B.A, B.Sc, B.Litt having any of these subjects as specialization- English, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Tamil, Mathematics, Zoology, History & Geography. OR
- The applicants having Bachelor’s degree in any of the above-mentioned subjects from a deemed university from 10+2+3 pattern and having a degree of B.Ed graduate from any recognized institution to seek appointment in teaching for standard 6-8.
- Those applicants who have a Bachelor’s degree in literature also have a degree in either B.Ed/D.T.Ed/TPT to apply for TNTET 2018 Paper II.
- The applicants who are studying in final year of their B.Ed are also allowed to apply for TNTET 2019 Paper II. These applicants will be admitted provisionally and the TET certificate for these applicants will be issued only on obtaining the B.Ed certificate at the time of document verification.
TNTET Eligibility Criteria 2019- Important Instructions
As per the guidelines of the Tamil Nadu Teacher Recruitment Board (TNTRB) we have provided you the important instructions that need to be followed by every applicant who is interested in TNTET 2019. These instructions are-
- The applicants are advised to provide all the genuine details because later on if an applicant seems to have provided inauthentic details then his/ her application will be rejected.
- The acceptance of application form does not mean that an applicant has been selected for recruitment. The final selection will be done based on applicants’ performance in the TNTET.
- The TNTRB is the whole & sole responsible authority to qualify the eligible applicants and provide them the TNTET certificate.