IBPS PO 2022 Syllabus: The syllabus of the examination must be the very initial part of study which a smart aspirant should begin his preparation with. Syllabus of the examination contains all the necessary subjects and their essential topics from which questions will arise in the examination.
Candidates who are preparing for the Probationary Officer (IBPS) Examination need to develop an understanding of the complete syllabus of the examination and find out about the topics in which they can score maximum.
The syllabus provided here includes all the details about the subjects of Preliminary and Main Examination.
IBPS PO 2022 Prelims Syllabus
- English Language (30 Questions)
- Quantitative Aptitude (35 Questions)
- Reasoning Ability (35 Questions)
Note: The syllabus and all the comprising topics of the Preliminary exam will be same as they will be for main Examination.
Syllabus of main Examination (Tier-II)
English Language (40 Questions)
- Vocabulary, Synonyms and Antonyms,
- Word formation and Sentence rearrangement.
- English Comprehension:Theme detection, Deriving conclusions
- Completion of Passage, detecting errors in the sentences and Corrections in the passage
- Sentence correction
- Idioms, and Phrases
Quantitative Aptitude (50 Questions)
- Number system, Number series, Problems based on number Approximating Wrong Number
- Decimal Fractions, Square root and HCF & LCM, cube root, Simplification
- Partnerships, Percentage, Ratio and proportions, Profit and loss, Average & Ages, Simple interest and compound interest,
- Time and work, Time and Distance
- Permutation and combination, Pie Charts, Probability
- Graph i.e. Bar Graph, Line Graph and Mixed graph
Reasoning Ability (50 Questions)
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Blood relation / Sitting arrangement / coding-decoding / making series and Syllogism
- Series/analogy and classification
- Number series and Symbol series
General Awareness (40 Questions)
This section will cover the following topics-
- Current Affairs
- Indian Economy & International Economy
- United Nations Organization (UNO)
- Constitution of India
- Honours and Awards
- Finance and Agriculture
- Banking and its history
- Countries and their Currencies
- Books & Their Author
- Banking Terminology
- RBI and Fiscal-Monetary Policies
Computer Knowledge (20 Questions)
- Candidates’ computer knowledge and their skill will be tested with these questions.
- Candidates will be asked the questions related to the computer terminology, Software and hardware, and their application, Computer related acronyms etc.
- Candidates will also be asked the questions related to the Microsoft Office and specifically related to the word and excel sheets.
- Candidates should also have the basic knowledge of the internet.
Important guidelines for the candidates in the IBPS PO
- Candidates are not allowed to bring scribes with them to solve their question papers. In any case they themselves will have to solve the question paper.
- IBPS has the final discretion to decide the qualifying marks for the examination.
- 1/4th marks of the question will be deducted as penalty for a wrong answer of the question.
- Candidates are not allowed to give more than one answer for a particular question.
- There will be no penalty for the question which is not solved by the candidates.
- It is not permitted to bring the calculator in the examination hall as the use of a calculator is prohibited in both the objective question papers viz. Preliminary examination and Main Examination.
This is all about IBPS PO syllabus. If you want to acquire information about the exam pattern then please visit here.