The Staff Selection Commission will be organizing a computer-based exam for selecting the efficient candidates for the post of Stenographer Grade C and Stenographer Grade D. the candidates who wish to appear for the SSC Stenographer 2022 exam can apply for the same starting from 20th August 2022. The application process will be conducted online and the candidates will be able to obtain the form from the commission’s website. In this article, all the important details related to SSC Stenographer 2022 are provided to aid the aspirants learn about this exam.
Latest: SSC Stenographer 2022 application form will be releasing on 20th August 2022.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Important Dates
The official dates related to SSC Stenographer 2022 are given below:
|Availability of online application form||20th August 2022|
|Last date for application form submission||5th September 2022|
|Admit card release||October 2022|
|Date of examination||November 2022|
|Publication of result||January 2023|
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2022
The aspiring candidates will be considered eligible for SSC Stenographer 2022 if they fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
Age limit: The minimum and maximum age limit of the applicants is 18 and 27 years respectively.
Qualification criteria: Those who have passed their class 12th exam from a recognized board are eligible.
The candidate must be either:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Bhutan
- Subject of Nepal
- Tibetan refugee, who came to India before 1st January 1962 to become a permanent resident
- Person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of settling permanently
SSC Stenographer Application Form 2022
The candidates can apply online for SSC Stenographer 2022. The application form will be made available on the official website of the commission from 20th August 2022. The candidates will have to register themselves by providing their basic information. A registration id and password will be generated using which the candidates can obtain the application form. The candidates after providing all the details asked in the application form can submit it along with the application fee. Proper care should be taken while filling the application form as request for correction in the application form will not be entertained under any circumstances.
The application fee can be paid via State Bank of India Challan, through SBI net banking or using debit card/ credit card of any bank. The fee will be Rs. 100/- for general and OBC candidates. However, the SC, ST, PH, Ex-servicemen candidates and all women candidates will be exempted from paying the application fee. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of SSC Stenographer exam pattern 2022 is given as:
- Test mode: Computer-based test
- Duration of test: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 100
- Question paper language: Both English & Hindi (except English Language & Comprehension)
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
|Topics||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
Skill Test in Stenography
The candidates who clear their CBT exam will have to appear for skill test in stenography. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/ Hindi at the speed of 100 wpm for Grade C and 80 wpm for Grade D. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer within the provided time limit:
- For Stenographer Grade D: 50 minutes for English and 65 minutes for Hindi
- For Stenographer Grade C: 40 minutes for English and 55 Minutes for Hindi
The details of the SSC Stenographer 2022 syllabus for different topics from which questions will be asked are given below:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analogies, Similarities And Differences, Problem Solving, Analysis, Space Visualization, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Discriminating Observation, Verbal & Figure Classification, Relationship Concepts, Arithmetical Reasoning, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series etc
- General Awareness: India and its Neighboring Countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc
- English Language & Comprehension: Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and Its Correct Usage, etc
Basic Preparation Tips for SSC Stenographer 2022
To clear the SSC Stenographer exam 2022, follow these simple yet effective preparation tips:
- Make a time table for efficient management of your time. It will help you in completing your syllabus in time.
- Read English newspaper and informational magazines to improve your English. This will help you with your GK too.
- Watch news and read newspaper daily to enhance your general awareness.
- Practice more and more to gain proficiency in General Intelligence and Reasoning.
SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2022
The admit card will be made available in online mode on the website of commission. Those who have submitted their application form in time will be able to download their admit card. The candidates should take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the exam center. The candidates in the absence of a valid admit card will be debarred form giving the exam.
SSC Stenographer Result 2022
The result of the SSC Stenographer 2022 will be declared on the official website. The candidates who qualify the computer-based test will have to appear for the stenography test. Those who clear both computer-based and skill test will be considered for selection for the post of Stenographer. Allocation of department will be done on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in CBT and the choices made by them.