Open competitive examination is commenced by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to select candidates for Multi-tasking staff (non-technical) in different departments of central government.
To select the candidates for the mentioned posts, SSC issues the official notification on its official website by which all aspiring and eligible candidates/all Indian nationals are invited to apply for the MTS (Multitasking) Examination.
In the following post, contenders have been provided all the indispensible details about the examination-2017 conducted by SSC.
In the table below, details about the exam-2017 have been given in the tabular form-
|Sr. No.||Name of the Examination||SSC MTS (non-technical) Exam- 2017|
|1||Name of the Recruiter/Exam Conductor||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|2||Name of the Post/Position||MTS (Multitasking) Non-technical|
|3||Examination Level||All India Level Open Examination|
|4||Mode of Examination||Offline exam conducted at different exam centres|
When the Official Notification will be available?
The Exam official notification will be published online on the official website of Staff Selection Commission (SSC) in the month of October-2017 most probably in the first or second week.
Candidates will be provided the exam Online Application form-2017 online which needs to be filled and submitted by the candidates in the appropriate format.
Candidates are advised to read all the details in the official notification for the exam, however all the details about the examination have been provided here as well.
In the table provided below, important dates have been given about the exam-
|Sr.No.||Various Stages||Dates of Commencement|
|1.||Date of issuance of Official Notification||October 2017 (in first or second week)|
|2.||Date of filling and submitting Application Form||October to November-2017|
|3.||Issuance of Admit Card||December-2017|
|4.||Date of the commencement of Exam-2017||On two dates in first and third week of January-2018|
|5.||Announcement of result of Exam-2017||April-2018|
All the dates and months about the exam provided in the above table are tentative and the actual dates will be informed when the official notification will be published by SSC ion the official website.
Details about SSC’s Selection Process of MTS (Non-technical) Staff
Every recruiter has its own selection process to select candidates for the posts. As far as it concerns to the selection process of the MTS (Non-technical) Staff, specific SSC MTS (Non-technical) Staff Eligibility Criteria is made for the candidates to register with the MTS (Non-technical) Staff Application Form.
- All the applicants who apply for the examination are invited to appear in the exam.
- After the commencement of the exam, the result is announced. Successful candidates are appointed on the posts they have applied for.
As per the eligibility criteria SSC seeks for the candidates who have passed secondary school (high school) examination or any their equivalent exam from a recognized board to apply for the exam.
The second most important aspect of the eligibility criteria is the candidates’ age.
Applicants’ age should be between 18 years and 25 years provided both years included.
Details about Application Form-2017
The very first part of the selection process is the publishing of the official notification and in which candidates are given invitation to apply for the Exam thru the application form.
- In the application form, candidates need to submit all the details as their name, date of birth, educational qualification, category of their community and various other details.
- In the second part of the application form, candidates are asked to upload their scanned photo and signature along with that they have to make the submission of the application fee.
After the application form is filled and submitted online, candidates are sent the confirmation that their application form has been accepted and they are eligible to be issued the admit card
- The admit card authorizes the candidates to appear in the examination. Candidates who will not have their admit card with them when coming to appear in the examination will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- The admit card will have the details about the appearing candidates and the examination and the examination centre. It will have candidates’ name, date of birth, scanned photo and signature along with the information about the exam-2017 as the name of the exam, centre of the exam, timing and time duration of the exam.
Details about Exam Pattern
- The exam shall be conducted in two parts such as Part-I and Part-II.
- The part of the exam will be objective nature where candidates will be questions having multiple choice answers. Candidates will have to choose one most appropriate answer from the given option.
- The second part of the written exam will be of descriptive nature. Since the second question paper will be of essay type, candidates will have to write the answers of the given questions.
- Candidates are free to choose their desired language option in which they want to write the answers in the second essay type question paper as given in the eighth schedule of the Indian Constitution.
Details about Syllabus
- In the first question paper of the exam, candidates will be asked questions from various subjects as Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General English and General Awareness.
- In the second question paper of the MTS Exam, candidates will be asked to write short essay and letter in the desired language which they have chosen to write the answers in.
- The second question paper will be of qualifying nature and candidate’s elementary writing skill and the explaining ability is tested.
- Generally there are some qualifying marks which formally are known as the minimum qualifying marks are decided by the conductor of the examination.
- The qualifying marks for the written Exam for first and second question paper are decided by SSC.
- The cutoff marks may vary as per the number of vacancies and the marks attained by the candidates in both the examinations.
Details about Result
The most important stage of the selection process is the announcement of the result of the examination specifically for the candidates as they have hardly worked for past few months.
- The result of the exam is announced in the month of April-2018.
- The result will be in the pdf format in which name and roll number of all the successful candidates will be given which candidates can download from the official website of SSC.