The SSC CHSL Exam pattern 2019 comprises of the overall structure in which the question paper will be framed. With the help of the Exam pattern, candidates can know how the question paper will be structured, how much marks will be allotted for each section, what will be the marking scheme and information like that. The Exam pattern will help them getting a clear idea on how to prepare for the exam accordingly. Candidates can use the information mentioned in the article for their exam preparation. We will keep on providing important updates related to the SSC CHSL exam pattern as soon as the official notification is released by the authority.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019
SSC CHSL Exam will be conducted in three different modes out of which one mode will be qualifying in nature. Here are the mentioned modes –
|Tier- I||Computer Based Examination|
|Tier- II||Pen and Paper Based (Descriptive Examination)|
|Tier-III||Typing Test/Skill Test|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019: Tier-1
Candidates can refer the table given below for SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam Pattern –
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||25||50|| |
1 Hour (60 Minutes)
- Visually Handicapped (VH) & orthopedically handicapped (OH) candidates (other than a candidate afflicted by Cerebral Palsy) will get a total time of 80 Minutes to finish the exam.
- Negative Marking:50 Marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The questions will be asked in both English & Hindi for General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019: Tier-2
The Tier-II of SSC CHSL exam will evaluate the writing skills of a candidate that is necessary for carrying out the daily function in a Government job. Here are the key details of the SSC CHSL Tier-II exam pattern-
- Duration of the Exam: 1 Hour (80 Minutes for Physically Handicapped/Cerebral Palsy candidates)
- Total Marks: 100
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: 33 out of 100
- Language: Hindi or English
- Mode: Pen and Paper based.
Note: Paper written partially in Hindi and partially in English will not be evaluated.
The paper will be composed of –
- An Essay (to be written in 200-250 words)
- A Letter/Application (to be written in 150-200 words).
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019: Tier-3
The Tier-III of SSC CHSL exam will be of qualifying in nature. Here, candidate’s typing skills will be analyzed as per different posts. The Duration of the exam will be of 15 Minutes for skill test and 10 Minutes for Typing test. Candidates should have strong typing skills in order to qualify this exam.
- For post of Data Entry Operator: candidates need to have a typing speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer.
- For post of Data Entry Operator in the office of CAG: candidate needs to have a typing speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on the computer.
- For post of LDC/JSA/Postal Assistance/ Sorting Assistance: candidates need to have a typing speed of 35 words per minute (English Medium) and 30 words per minute (Hindi Medium) respectively.
- Visually handicapped/Orthopedically Handicapped candidates will be given additional 35 Minutes extra including the compensatory time of 20 Minutes for the exam. Passage dictators will be provided for VH candidates.
- The skill test and typing test depends on the post applied by the candidate.
The exam pattern can let you know about the overall structure of the exam. Whereas, the syllabus will give you information about the content of exam.