The Staff Selection Commission annually organizes SSC CHSL 2023 exam for the recruitment of candidates to the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operator in various department of the government. Interested candidates can apply for the same by visiting the official website of the commission. Before applying for the exam, candidates should go through the complete details of the SSC CHSL 2023 Exam. For information such as exam pattern, syllabus, application form, eligibility criteria etc. candidates are recommended to read the article further.
Latest: SSC CHSL 2023 application form will release on 5th November 2022.
SSC CHSL 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||SSC CHSL 2023|
|Full form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2023|
|Mode of application||Online mode|
|Mode of exam||Tier I: computer-based examination
Tier II: descriptive paper
Tier III: typing/skill test
Important Dates for SSC CHSL 2023
Given below are the official dates for SSC CHSL 2023 exam:
|Online form availability||5th November 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||4th December 2022|
|Admit card||To be notified|
|Date of examination||February to March 2023|
|Answer key release date||To be notified|
|Result to be declared||To be notified|
See: SSC Exam Calendar
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CHSL 2023
- Age limit: A candidate should not be less than 18 years old and older than 27 years old as on 1st August 2023.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed class 12th orits equivalent from a recognized board/ university.
- For data entry operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG), a pass in class 12th with Mathematics as a subject is mandatory.
Note: Candidates appearing in class 12thwho will acquire the educational qualification on or before 01.08.2023 can also apply.
SSC CHSL Application Form 2023
Candidates can avail the application form for SSC CHSL 2023 through the regional website of the commission. The application form needs to be filled carefully as once it is submitted, no change request in details will be permitted. Candidates appearing for the first time needs to register themselves first, those who have previously applied for any of the exams conducted by SSC can directly fill the form using old registration ID and password. Applicants should keep a scanned copy of the signature and photograph while filling the form. Candidates also need to pay a requisite amount of application fee in order to submit their application form successfully. The applications received without the application fee will be rejected by the authority.
- Fee to be paid: Rs. 100/-(Rupees One Hundred only).
- Mode of Payment: SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa/ MasterCard/Maestro Credit/ Debit card.
Note: Women candidates/SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
SSC CHSL 2023 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL Exam will consist of a computer-based examination (Tier-I), descriptive paper (Tier-II), and typing/skill test (Tier-III). The exam pattern for each is mentioned below–
Tier-I: This paper will be conducted online. Here, candidates will be provided 60 minutes to finish the exam. VH/OH candidates will be given extra 20 minutes to attempt the exam. For every wrong response, 1/4th marks will be deducted.
|Part||Subject||Total Question||Total Marks|
Tier-II: The exam will be descriptive in nature will carry 100 Marks. Questions on writing essay/letter application will be asked in this paper. Candidates will have the choice to attempt the paper either in Hindi or in English. The duration of the paper would be of one hour.
Tier-III: This will be a typing and skill test. The typing test will be held for the LDC/JSA/Postal assistants and sorting assistant post. The typing speed for the English language should be 35 words per minute whereas for Hindi language it should be 30 words per minute. The duration of the test will be 10 minutes.The skill test will be applicable for the post of Data Entry Operator.Candidates need to maintain data entry speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer.
SSC CHSL 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of SSC CHSL 2023 will cover these sections- General Awareness, English Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude & General Intelligence & Reasoning. Here are some of its important topics are listed below:
- General Awareness: This section will contain topics related to the environment and its surrounding, everyday science, Knowledge of India and its neighboring countries History, Culture, General Science, Geography and Scientific Research.
- General Intelligence: Number Classification, Analogy, Figural Classification, Drawing inferences, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, etc.
- English Language: Grammar, Spelling, Fill in the Blanks, Cloze Passage, Comprehension passage, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Basic Mathematics, Trigonometry, Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, Mensuration, Tables, Graphs
Preparation Strategies for SSC CHSL 2023 Exam
Here are some useful tips on how to prepare for SSC CHSL 2023 exam so that candidates can take advantage from it-
- Don’t waste time in collecting lots of reference books. Rather buy a few books and study from it whole-heartedly.
- Make short notes while preparing. Avoid lengthy notes as they will consume time during revision.
- Make a time table and religiously follow it. Don’t bombard it with unrealistic goals. Aim for achieving short goals.
- Maintain your health to keep your mind and body healthy. Consume balanced diet and avoid skipping meals.
- Take short breaks during study.
- Solve previous year papers. Take mock tests to test your performance.
- Don’t waste unnecessary time on social media.
Recommended Books for SSC CHSL 2023
Given below are some prominent reference books for SSC CHSL 2023 preparation-
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Quantitative Ability by R.S Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publication
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Competitive General English by Kiran Publication
The admit card for SSC CHSL exam can be downloaded from the relevant regional website of the SSC. Candidate need to keep a printout of the admit card and must bring the same to the exam hall, otherwise they won’t be allowed to appear for the exam. A valid ID card should also be brought along with the admit card to mark the entry into the exam hall. The admit card mustn’t be damaged/misplaced. The authority will release the admit card a week prior to the exam. Candidates should follow the official website for regular updates on the exam.
The result for SSC CHSL will be declared tier-wise. Only those candidates can appear for tier-II who have cleared the tier-I level of the exam and so forth. The final result will be published in form of the merit list. The merit list will be prepared according to the marks scored by a candidate at all the levels of the exam. Candidates can also check their score card which will be made available by the authority within 15-20 days of the exam.
SSC CHSL Selection Criteria 2023
For selection into the posts mentioned, a candidate needs to clear all the levels of SSC CHSL 2023 exam i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III (skill test). Based on the scores obtained by the candidates in the exam, a merit list will be published. Candidates selected in the merit list will go through the document verification process and post preference to indicate the post/department they want to be allotted to.
Frequently Asked Questions
18 years to 27 years
You can apply at the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
Till you are eligible.