SSC CHSL 2022 application form is now available online from 1st February 2022. SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (CHSL) is conducted for selection of candidates for the post of Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India. Interested and eligible candidates can fill and submit their online applications from the official website of SSC. Different tiers of exam will be conducted for selection of the candidates. Candidates can find the complete details related to SSC CHSL 2022 here from this article.
SSC CHSL application form has been released now.
SSC CHSL 2022 Important Dates
The table below presents the official dates related to SSC CHSL 2022:
|Online application form release date||1st February 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||7th March 2022|
|Last date to submit the application fee via online mode||To be updated|
|Last date to submit the application fee via offline mode||To be updated|
|Tier I exam admit card release date||To be updated|
|Date of tier I exam||22nd May 2022|
|Declaration of result for tier I exam||To be updated|
|Tier II exam admit card release date||To be updated|
|Date of tier II exam||To be updated|
|Declaration of result for tier II exam||To be updated|
|Date for skill test||To be updated|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CHSL 2022
Applicants who fulfill the eligibility conditions mentioned below can apply for the SSC CHSL 2022:
Candidates who belong to any of the following category can apply:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- For post of Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): A pass in class 12th exam with Science and Mathematics or equivalent from a recognized board is required.
- For post of LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Applicants who have passed their class 12th exam or equivalent from a recognized board or university are eligible.
- The lower and upper age limit to appear for SSC CHSL exam as on 1st August 2022 is 18 years and 27 years respectively.
- Candidates will be provided a relaxation in the upper age limit as per the rules given below.
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|Retrenched census employees of the Office of Registrar General of India (considered only for offices under RGI)||3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Candidates ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|PWD||General candidates- 10 years
OBC candidates- 13 years
SC/ ST candidates- 15 years
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried||General/ OBC candidates- Up to 35 years of age
SC/ ST candidates- Up to 40 years of age
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||General/ OBC candidates- 3 years
SC/ ST candidates- 8 years
|Central Government Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date of application||General/ OBC candidates- Up to 40 years of age
SC/ ST candidates- Up to 45 years of age
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces||General/ OBC candidates- Up to 45 years of age
SC/ ST candidates- Up to 50 years of age
SSC CHSL 2022 Application Form
The candidates can obtain their SSC CHSL 2022 application form online by visiting the official website of SSC www.ssc.nic.in. Candidates are advised to read the information brochure thoroughly before applying for the CHSL exam.
- Candidates will first have to fill a registration form providing their basic personal details like name, gender, category, date of birth, etc.
- After successful registration, registration number and password will be generated using which the candidates can obtain the application form.
- Details such as choice for exam city, academic qualification, EWS category will be asked in the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format need to be uploaded into the form.
- Only correct details should be provided into the form as any incorrect information can lead to its rejection.
- After providing the details as asked into the application form, it can be submitted online along with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the filled in application form should be taken and kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
- The non-refundable application fee will be Rs. 100/-. For SC/ ST, PWD, ESM and women candidates there will no application fee.
- Payment of the fees can be done through online mode using net banking or debit card/ credit card or offline SBI bank challan.
SSC CHSL 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of the SSC CHSL exam pattern 2022 is provided below:
For Tier I exam:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Exam duration: 1 hour
- Question paper language: English and Hindi both (expect for English language section)
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of question: Objective type
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer 0.5 marks will be deducted.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
For Tier II exam:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Exam duration: 1 hour
- Question paper language: English or Hindi
- Type of question: Descriptive type
- Total marks: 100
|Topics||No. of words||Maximum marks|
|Essay Writing||200 to 250 words||100|
|Letter/ Application Writing||150 to 200 words|
For Tier III exam:
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
- Number of key depressions: 2000- 2200 (3700- 4000 for Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General)
- Exam duration: 15 minutes
- Question paper language: English
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:
- Number of key depressions given: 10500 for English and 9000 for Hindi
- Speed required: 35 words per minute for English and 30 words per minute for Hindi
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022
The overview of the SSC CHSL 2022 syllabus is provided below.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Trigonometry & Statistical Charts, Mensuration, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Number Systems, Algebra, Geometry, etc
- General Intelligence: Coding-Decoding, Numerical operations, Semantic Analogy, Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Number Series, Semantic Series, Space Orientation, Venn Diagrams, Drawing Inferences, Figural Classification, Word Building, etc
- General Awareness: Awareness of the environment and its application to society, Current events, Questions relating to India and its neighboring countries pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research
- English Language: Comprehension Passage, One word substitution, Spot the Error, Direct/ Indirect narration, Fill in the Blanks, Active/ Passive Voice, Synonyms, Antonyms, Cloze Passage, Spellings, Idioms & Phrases, Sentence Improvement, etc
SSC CHSL 2022 Admit Card
- Applicants who submit their application form on time can download their admit card and appear for exam. Separate admit cards will be released for different tiers of exam.
- The admit card will be released through online mode on the official website of the concerned regional/ sub-regional office of the commission.
- On the admit card, basic details of the candidates like name, gender, etc and details of the exam like center and timing will be mentioned.
- A printout of the admit card along with a valid identity proof should be carried while reporting to the exam center.
- In the absence of these documents, the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
SSC CHSL Result 2022
- The candidates will be able to check the online result for SSC CHSL exam 2022 from the official website of concerned regional/ sub-regional office of the commission.
- Result of different tiers of exam will be released on different schedule as decided by the authorities.
- A list of the candidates who clear all tiers of examination will be prepared. Separate lists will be drawn for candidates of different categories.
- Further process of selection of the candidates will be conducted as per the names of the candidates in this list.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to get their documents verified and provide their preference for post.
- Candidates will then be allotted Ministries/ Departments/ Offices on the basis of the performance in the tier I & II exams and the preference made.
SSC CHSL 2022 FAQs
Can I ask for re-evaluation of my answers if I am not happy with my result?
No. After the declaration of result, no provision will be provided to the candidates for re-evaluation of their answer.
Is it possible to ask for a change in the post allotted to me?
No. Once the post and department are allotted to the candidates no change in the name will be possible after that.
Can I edit the details entered in the registration form?
After completion of registration process, basic details can be changed only twice.
How can I ask for refund on the application fee?
Once paid, the application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are advised not to make any request in this regard.
What is the provision for getting assistance of a scribe?
In case of persons with benchmark disabilities in the category of blindness, locomotor disability and cerebral palsy, the facility of scribe is provided, if desired by the candidate. The candidates will have the discretion of opting for his/ her own scribe or the facility of scribe provided by the Commission.
5 thoughts on “SSC CHSL 2022: Application Form (Released), Eligibility Criteria, Online Date, Eligibility”
Last date kab take hai sir
I know between age
Please tell me about chsl
How much vacancy
All information regarding chsl exam pattern are clear