SSC CGL 2023 tier 1 exam date is December 1 to December 13, 2022: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct SSC CGL 2023 examination for recruitment group “B” and group “C” posts in various departments of the government. The Combined graduate level examination is organized on an annual basis. Interested candidates need to apply for the SSC CGL exam to be eligible for recruitment in the mentioned posts. The exam is one of the most popular recruitment exams in the country.
Every year lakhs of aspirants take this exam but only a few get through it. Therefore, proper planning and preparation are required to crack the exam. Through this post, aspirants will get information on the application form, the exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, and other aspects of it in a simplified manner. To know such details on the SSC CGL 2023 examination, candidates are suggested to go through the complete article.
Latest: SSC CGL 2023 exam date for tier 1 is December 1 to December 13, 2022
SSC CGL 2023 Overview
SSC CGL 2023
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam
Mode of application
Mode of exam
Tier I: computer-based examination
Tier II: computer-based examination
Tier III: pen and paper based exam
Tier IV: skill-based exam
SSC CGL 2023 Important Dates (out)
Candidates can note down these official dates for SSC CGL 2023 for their exam preparation.
|Application form availability||10th September 2022|
|Last date to fill the form||1st October 2022|
|Availability of Admit card for Tier-I||Available|
|Tier-I Exam||December 1 to 13, 2022|
|Tier-I Result||To be notified|
|Availability of Admit card for Tier-II||To be notified|
|Tier-II Exam||To be notified|
|Tier-II Result||To be notified|
|Tier-III Exam||To be notified|
|Tier-IV Exam (CPT/DEST)||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL 2023
Read about eligibility criteria for CGL exam:
- Age Limit: Varies from post to post.
- For the post of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: A candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Note: Chartered Accountant/ Cost & Management Accountant/ Company Secretary and the candidates with a Masters’ degree in Commerce/ Business Studies/ Business Administration (Finance)/ Business Economics can also apply.
- For the post of Junior Statistical Officer: A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University/ Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics in class 12th or a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- For other posts: A candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year are also eligible to apply for the exam. However, their degree must have been completed before 1st January 2020.
SSC CGL 2023 Application Form
Candidates can apply for SSC CGL 2023 only via online mode. To apply, candidates need to visit the official website of the SSC to fill the application form for the same. The details in the form must be filled carefully. Aspirants first need to register themselves before filling the application form (those who have previously given any of the exam conducted by SSC can use old registration ID and password to fill the form). Candidates will also need to upload the scanned photograph and signature while filling the form.
They’ll also have to pay a requisite amount of application fee (except female candidates) to submit the form successfully. Applications received without the fee payment will be rejected.
Candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- payable through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard or Maestro Credit/ Debit card. The application fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation.
Candidates need to specify their choice of exam centres in the online application form. They need to provide three options, in the order of priority, within the same region. No further request for change in exam centre will be entertained and hence candidates should be careful enough while filling their choices.
|Examination Centres &Centre Code||SSC Region and States/ UTs under the jurisdiction of the Region||Address of the Regional Offices/ Website|
|Agra(3001),Gorakhpur(3007), Jhansi(3008),Kanpur(3009), Lucknow(3010),Meerut(3011), Prayagraj(3003),Varanasi(3013), Bhagalpur(3201), Darbhanga (3202), Muzaffarpur(3205), Patna(3206), Purnea (3209)||Central Region (CR)/Bihar and Uttar Pradesh||Regional Director (CR),Staff Selection Commission,34-A, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Civil lines, Kendriya Sadan, Prayagraj –211001.(http://www.ssc-cr.org)|
|Port Blair (4802), Ranchi(4205), Balasore(4601),Berhampore(Odisha) (4602), Bhubaneshwar(4604),Cuttack(4605), Dhenkenal(4611), Rourkela(4610),Sambalpur(4609), Gangtok(4001),Hooghly (4418), Kolkata(4410), Siliguri(4415||Eastern Region (ER)/Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim and West Benga||Regional Director (ER),Staff Selection Commission,1stMSO Building,(8thFloor), 234/4,Acharya Jagadish Chandra BoseRoad, Kolkata, West Bengal-700020(www.sscer.org)|
|Belagavi (9002), Bengaluru (9001), Hubballi (9011), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) (9005), Mangaluru (9008), Mysuru (9009), Shivamogga (9010), Udupi (9012). Ernakulam (9213), Kannur (9202), Kollam (9210), Kottayam (9205), Kozhikode (9206), Thrissur (9212), Thiruvananthapuram (9211), Kavaratti (9401).||Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)/ Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala||Regional Director (KKR),Staff Selection Commission,1stFloor, “E” Wing, KendriyaSadan, Koramangala, Bengaluru,Karnataka-560034 (www.ssckkr.kar.nic.in)|
|Bhopal(6001), Gwalior(6005), Indore(6006), Jabalpur(6007), Satna(6014), Sagar(6015), Ujjain (6016), Bilaspur(6202), Raipur(6204),Durg-Bhilai(6205)||Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)/Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh||Dy. Director (MPR),Staff Selection Commission,J-5, Anupam Nagar, Raipur,Chhattisgarh-492007(www.sscmpr.org)|
|Itanagar(5001), Dibrugarh(5102), Guwahati(Dispur)(5105), Jorhat(5107), Silchar(5111), Kohima(5302), Shillong(5401), Imphal(5501), Churachandpur(5502), Ukhrul(5503), Agartala(5601), Aizwal(5701)||North Eastern Region(NER)/Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.||Regional Director (NER), Staff Selection Commission,Housefed Complex, Last Gate, Beltola-Basistha Road, P. O. Assam Sachivalaya, Dispur, Guwahati, Assam-781006(www.sscner.org.in)|
|Dehradun(2002), Haldwani(2003), Haridwar(2005), Roorkee(2006), Delhi(2201), Ajmer(2401), Alwar(2402), Bharatpur(2403), Bikaner(2404), Jaipur(2405), Jodhpur(2406), Kota(2407), Sriganganagar(2408), Udaipur(2409), Sikar(2411)||Northern Region (NR)/ NCT of Delhi,Rajasthan and Uttarakhand||Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission,Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003(www.sscnr.net.in)|
|Chandigarh/Mohali(1601)Hamirpur(1202), Shimla(1203),Jammu(1004), Leh(1005),Samba (1010), Srinagar(J&K)(1007),Jalandhar(1402),Ludhiana(1405)Patiala(1403), Amritsar(1404)||North Western Sub-Region (NWR)/Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab||Dy. Director (NWR), Staff Selection Commission,Block No. 3, Ground Floor, KendriyaSadan, Sector-9, Chandigarh-160009(www.sscnwr.org)|
|Chirala(8011), Guntur(8001), Kakinada (8009), Kurnool(8003), Nellore (8010), Rajahmundry(8004), Tirupati(8006), Vizianagaram(8012), Vijaywada(8008), Vishakhapatnam(8007), Puducherry(8401), Chennai(8201), Coimbatore(8202), Madurai(8204), Salem(8205), Tiruchirapalli(8206), Tirunelveli(8207), Vellore (8208), Hyderabad(8601), Karimnagar (8604), Warangal(8603)||Southern Region (SR)/Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Telangana||Regional Director (SR),Staff Selection Commission,2ndFloor, EVK Sampath Building, DPI Campus,College Road, Chennai,Tamil Nadu-600006(www.sscsr.gov.in)|
|Panaji(7801), Ahmedabad(7001),Anand(7011), Gandhinagar(7012), Mehsana(7013), Rajkot(7006),Surat(7007), Vadodara(7002), Amravati(7201), Aurangabad(7202), Jalgaon(7214), Kolhapur(7203), Mumbai(7204), Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),Nashik(7207), Pune(7208)||Western Region (WR)/Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra||Regional Director (WR), Staff Selection Commission,1stFloor, South Wing, PratishthaBhawan, 101, MaharshiKarve Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400020(www.sscwr.net)|
How to fill posts in CGL form?
Salary Structure as per last year CGL Brochure
Pay Level-8 (Rs 47600 to 151100):
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant Accounts Officer
Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400):
- Assistant Section Officer- Central Secretariat Service Department
- Assistant Section Officer- Intelligence Bureau Department
- Assistant Section Officer- Ministry of Railway
- Assistant Section Officer- Ministry of External Affairs
- Assistant Section Officer- AFHQ
- Assistant- Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations
- Assistant Section Officer- Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations
- Inspector of Income Tax- CBDT
- Inspector, (Central Excise)- CBIC
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Assistant Enforcement Officer- Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue
- Sub Inspector- Central Bureau of Investigation
- Inspector Posts- Department of Post
- Inspector- Central Bureau of Narcotics
Pay Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400):
- Assistant- Other Ministries/ Departments/Organizations
- Assistant/Superin-tendent- Other Ministries/ Departments/Organizations
- Divisional Accountant- Offices under C&AG
- Sub Inspector- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Junior Statistical Officer- M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Statistical Investigator Grade-II- Registrar General of India
Pay Level-5 (Rs 29200 to 92300):
- Auditor- Offices under C&AG
- Auditor- Other Ministry/ Departments
- Auditor- Offices under CGDA
- Accountant- Offices under C&AG
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant- Other Ministry/ Departments
Pay Level-4 (Rs 25500 to 81100):
- Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerks- Central Govt. Offices/ Ministries other than CSCS cadres
- Tax Assistant- CBDT
- Tax Assistant- CBIC
- Sub-Inspector- Central Bureau of Narcotics
- Upper Division Clerks- Dte. Gen Border Road Organisation (MoD)
SSC CGL 2023 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL 2023 exam will be divided into the following Four Tiers and details associated to exam pattern are as follows:
Tier-I: The Tier-I exam will be a computer-based exam. It will contain 100 questions of 200 marks. For every right answer, candidates will be granted +2 marks whereas; in case of wrong answer 0.5 marks will be deducted. Candidates will be given one hour (60 minutes) to finish the test. VH/OH candidates will get extra 20 minutes.
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Tier-II: This will also be a computer-based exam where 120 minutes will be given to the candidates to finish the test. There will be 4 Papers and it is mandatory for the candidates to appear in Paper-I & II. Paper-III will be for candidates who want to apply for JSO post. Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
|Paper||Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper-II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper-IV||General Studies (Finance and Economic)||100||200|
Tier-III: This will be a pen and paper based exam where subjective questions on essay writing/precise writing/letter writing/application writing will be asked. It will carry 100 Marks.
Tier-IV: This exam will be a skill-based exam solely reserved for certain posts for example-
For the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax) Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) at 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depression per hour on Computer will be required.
The “Data Entry Speed Test” Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
The Computer Proficiency Test will comprise Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of Slides.
SSC CGL 2023 Syllabus
Aspirants need to study for the exam as per the syllabus prescribed by the authority. For reference, candidates can check the SSC CGL syllabus 2023 mentioned below-
Syllabus for Tier I
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Number series, non-verbal series, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, decision making, etc.
- General Awareness: Questions relating to Environment, India and its neighboring countries, Indian History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Simplification, Percentage, Averages, Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Profit and Loss, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, etc.
- English Comprehension: Topics to test candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his/ her basic comprehension and writing ability, Grammar etc.
Syllabus for Tier II
- Quantitative Ability: Simplification, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Square roots, Averages, Interest, etc.
- English Language & Comprehension: Synonyms, antonyms, fill in the blanks, spelling/ detecting misspelled words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution etc.
- Statistics: Probability Theory, Statistical Inference, Central Tendency, Dispersion, Sampling Theory, etc.
- General Studies (Finance & Economics): Demand and Supply, Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting, Production, and cost, Indian Economy, etc.
Preparation Strategies for SSC CGL Exam
Since the level of the competition increases every year for the SSC CGL 2023 Examination, candidates need to prepare for the exam whole-heartedly. The following preparations tips will help the candidates in qualifying the SSC CGL exam-
- Make a practical time table that can be followed easily. Don’t go overboard with the goals; divide the preparation time into smaller goals.
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern to get an idea of the exam.
- Collect only a few books and study from them. Avoid collecting lengthy books just for the sake of the exam.
- Make smaller notes while preparing. These short notes will also be helpful during the revision.
- Solve previous year papers and give mock tests to watch your progress. Strengthen the weak areas (if needed).
- Maintain good health. Avoid skipping meals.
- Read and analyze the newspapers every day.
- Take short breaks when you feel exhausted or bored with a particular topic. Start afresh.
Recommended Books for SSC CGL 2023
Given below are some of the noteworthy books for SSC CGL preparation-
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publication
- Quicker Maths by M.Tyra (for beginners)
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey
- Manorama Year Book 2020 for GK
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Objective General English by S.P Bakshi
- English Grammar by Wren & Martin
- Word Power Made Easy
SSC CGL 2023 Admit card
SSC CGL 2023 admit card can be downloaded from the official website of the Staff Selection Commission or regional websites of the same. For different tiers the admit card will differ. Only those candidates can download the hall tickets for successive tiers who have qualified the preceding tier. The admit card should be preserved till the recruitment process is over. Candidates are suggested to keep a printout of the admit card as without it the entry to the exam hall will be denied to them.
SSC CGL Result 2023
The result of the SSC CGL Exam will be announced tier-wise. The final result will be based on the combined result of the tier-I, II and III respectively. Candidates can check their result from the official website by providing their name and roll number. The result will be displayed in form of a merit list. Candidates can check their score card from the official website which is usually provided by the authority within 15-20 days of the exam.
SSC CGL 2023 Selection Criteria
On the basis of performance of a candidate in SSC CGL 2023 tier-I, tier-II and tier-III, a merit list will be prepared to shortlist the candidates further. The selected candidates will then have to take the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) or Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) necessary for certain posts. Once a candidate qualifies these tests he/she will get the relevant appointment letter from the commission.
Download CGL information brochure
The date for CGL Tier I examination is December 1 to 13, 2022. Candidates are request to stay tuned with us for further related updates.
Yes, the negative marking rule exists.
Yes, the minimum eligibility to apply for CGL exam is Graduation.
No, tier 4 is qualifying in nature, only the marks achieved in tier I, tier 2 and tier 3 will be considered for merit list preparation.
20 thoughts on “SSC CGL 2023: Exam Date, Syllabus, Result”
Hi please age recognition for ssc cgl 2023 will be 1jan 2023 or 1jan 2024
Bsc 3 Rd year me SSC cgl exam de skte h ?
For next year I mean year 2023, May you not recruit for “Ministry of Culture” for post Photo-Journalist OR Photographer?
Can you please share your query in detail. It will help us to assist you accordingly.
B.com student eligible for assistant Audi officer
recently I am in B.A final year can i join cgl in 2023
The candidates must possess Essential qualification on or before the closing date
for receipt of online applications.
I will clear my class 12 in 2023 .. From the stream arts so can I apply for Ssc examination… In 2023
You can apply for SSS CHSL not For CGL for cgl you need bachelors degree in any stream
You will apply only SSC CHSL after 12th
For SSC CGL, Graduation is a mandatory qualification.
Kya b.Sc 3rd student ssc cgl apply kar skte hai???
Yes after completion of bsc..you can apply
Yes ….you can …aap preparation kr skte ho
i’m final year student sir, my graduation might complete on june. am i eligible to write ssc cgl
I am planning to give to ssc cgl exam of 2020.. as the new notification is given that tha degree must be before 1.1.2020…. as it is not posibal … Because the last semester result will be out in 1.5.2020…. then how final year student are applicabel…
Now I m in 4th year bsc nursing
I will complete in December 2020
Can I apply for ssc cgl 2019 which will be conducted on Feb 2020
M i eligible for this exam.
BE k bad ssc cgl hi de skte h n ssc me bhut sare exams conduct hote h to hm kaun kaun se xm de skte h
It is yet to be notified. Stay tuned.
application form date 2020 for ssc