It is an all India level exam organized by Staff Selection Committee (SSC) for the recruitment of Sub-Inspector in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) & Delhi Police and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF. SSC releases application form for this exam on 22nd April, 2017 and paper 1 exam will be conducted on 30th June-7th July, 2017 (CBE). Please have a look on post codes (Details will be useful while putting preferences of posts in application form):
|Post Name||Post Code|
|Sub Inspector in Delhi Police||A|
|Sub Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)||B|
|Sub- Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||C|
|Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)||D|
|Sub- Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF)||E|
|Sub Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)||F|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||G|
Age Limit- 20-25 years
Relaxation would be applicable according to the norms of Government.
Candidates who have acquired Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or its equivalent are only permitted to apply.
|Sl. No||Events of the Test||Respective Dates|
|1.||Notification Publishing date||22nd April, 2017|
|2.||Application form will be accessible online from||22nd April, 2017 to 15th May 2017|
|3.||Paper 1 admit card||April, 2017|
|4.||Paper 1 exam date||30th June to 7th July 2017|
|5.||Date of release of Paper 1 result||June, 2017|
|6.||Date of PET, PST and medical exam||July, 2017|
|7.||Date of declaring of PET, PST and medical exam result||August, 2017|
|8.||Paper 2 admit card||September, 2017|
|8.||Paper 2 examination date||8th October, 2017|
|8.||Paper 2 result||November, 2017|
How to Apply Online?
- There will be two parts of registration i.e. Part I and Part II.
- For registration, candidates are advised to go to the official website of SSC i.e. http://ssconline2.gov.in.
- During part 1 registration candidates will be asked to enter their basic information.
- Candidate should check the details furnished by him/her before pressing the “I agree” button.
- After completion of Part 1 registration, a registration number will be generated. Candidates are instructed to note down that registration number and take printout of that particular page.
- Application process would be completed only after completion of Part II registration.
- Part II registration includes filling up payment info and uploading scanned copy of photograph and signature.
Payment of Fee
All candidates excluding Women applicants and applicants those belong to SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen category are required to pay application fee as Rs. 100/-. Candidates have two options for remitting the fee, either they can submit the fee by using SBI net banking/debit cards/credit cards or they can go with SBI bank challan.
Instructions for Uploading Photograph and Signature
Photograph- Scanned copy of your recently taken photograph must be in JPG format and its size in between 4 kb to 12 Kb.
Signature- Scanned copy of your signature must be in JPG format and its size in between 1 kb to 12 Kb.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
There will be two papers in the exam namely Paper I and Paper II. All questions asked will be objective type multiple choice questions and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response.
|Parts||Subject Name||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
*Duration of the paper 1 exam will be for two hours.
|Subject Name||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|English language & Comprehension||200||200|
*Two hours will be given to candidates for solving Paper II.
Please go through the prescribed syllabus for the exam:
You can download your admit card from the official website of SSC by following the steps furnished below:
- Go to the official portal of SSC i.e. http://ssc.nic.in/.
- Now click the suitable link for “Admit Card” available on home page.
- Click that link and you’ll be redirected to a fresh page asking you to choose your region.
- Once you click that particular region and you’ll be redirected to the specific website of that region from where you can download your admit card.
Aspirants may check their result once it is available at its official website. You need to click the separate link for result available on the home page of official portal. Now select the exam as CAPF and click to view your result.