SBI SO 2019: The State Bank of India has released online applications for the candidates interested for appointment to the Specialist Cadre Officers’ posts. Candidates of Indian nationality, who fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post they wish to get appointed at, can submit their application for SBI SO 2019. Appointment to the 11 different posts will be offered on regular and contractual basis as applicable. The process of application has started from 9th January 2019 and will last upto 31st January 2019. The candidates are suggested to apply as soon as they can to avoid any last minute rush.
Latest: SBI SO 2019 notification released. Candidates can apply from 9th Jan 2019. Apply here
The posts offered through SBI SO 2019 Exam are listed below:
- Deputy Manager (Statistician) (Regular)
- Project Development Manager (Digital Initiatives)- Agriculture/ International Banking/ Retail Banking/ Corporate Banking (Regular)
- Manager (Servicing-Digital Initiatives)- Agriculture/ International Banking/ Retail Banking/ Corporate Banking (Regular)
- Manager (Business Analyst/ Customer Service Analyst (Regular)
- Manager (Online Fulfillment/ Integration & Journeys/ Superstore Fulfillment) (Regular)
- Manager (Digital Marketing)- Agriculture/ International Banking/ Retail Banking/ Corporate Banking (Regular)
- Head (Legal) (Contractual)
- DGM (NCLT) (Contractual)
- DGM (Law) (Contractual)
- Executive (Credit Monitoring) (Contractual)
- Head (Product, Investment & Research) (Contractual)
SBI SO 2019 Important Dates
Below, we are providing the official schedule for SBI SO 2019.
|Online Application form will available from||9th Jan 2019|
|Last date for the submission of application form||31st Jan 2019|
|Editing application form||30th Jan 2019|
|Online Test date||Probably in January 2019|
|Admit card will be available from for online exam||15 days prior to the examination|
- A relevant experience certificate from employer containing specifically that the candidate had experience in that related field as required is must.
- Candidates should have valid email id which must be kept active till the declaration of result.
- In case of selection, candidates will be required to produce proper discharge certificate from the employer at the time of taking up the appointment.
- The applicants shall be liable for civil/ criminal consequences in case the information submitted in their application are found to be false at a later stage.
- Outstation candidates, who are called for the interview, will be reimbursed the cost of travel fare as per the rules.
- Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one post (in case where eligibility for different posts is same).
Eligibility Criteria for SBI SO exam 2019
Age criteria (As on 1st December 2018):
- For Post 1: Minimum age- 35 years and maximum age- 42 years
- For Post 2 to 6: Minimum age- 25 years and maximum age- 35 years
- For Post 7: Minimum age- 50 years and maximum age- 62 years
- For Post 8: Minimum age- 42 years and maximum age- 62 years
- For Post 9: Minimum age- 42 years and maximum age- 62 years
- For Post 10: Minimum age- 22 years and maximum age- 30 years
- For Post 11: Minimum age- 35 years and maximum age- 50 years
Relaxation in age:
- For SC/ ST/ Persons ordinarily domiciled in J&K during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989: 5 years
- For OBC-NCL: 3 years
- For PWD: SC/ ST- 15 years, OBC- 13 years and General- 10
- For Ex Servicemen, Emergency Commissioned Officers/ Short Service Commissioned Officers who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (or will complete within one year from the last date of receipt of application): As per Government of India Guidelines
Qualification & work experience:
|Post no.||Qualification||Work experience|
|1||A full-time postgraduate degree or M.Phil/ Ph.D in Statistics or Data Analytics with at least 60% marks or equivalent is required.|
M.Phil/ Ph.D candidates will be given preference.
|Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Statistician/ Executive in Supervisory/ Management Role in any Scheduled Commercial Bank or their associate or subsidiaries or Major Private Sector Bank, or a Public Sector or Listed Financial Institution/ Company is required.|
Candidates having experience in data validation, analysis and reporting to top management will be preferred.
|2 to 6||BE/ B.Tech in Computer Science/ Information Technology is required.||Minimum 4 years experience in relevant work in any Bank/ PSU/ Corporate is must.|
|7||3-year/ 5-year degree in law and postgraduation in law is mandatory.||Advocate for a minimum period of 3 years and Minimum Service of 20 years as law officer in Scheduled Commercial Banks and served in the capacity of General Manager for at least 1 year.|
|8||3-year/ 5-year degree in law is necessary.||Advocate for a minimum 3 years and minimum service of 17 years as law officer in Legal Department of Scheduled Commercial Bank/ Financial Institution/ Asset Reconstruction Company or Combined experience in Law Department of Scheduled Commercial Bank and Asset Reconstruction Company and having extensive experience in Recovery and Rehabilitation.|
|9||3-year/ 5-year degree in law is necessary.||Advocate for a minimum period of 3 years and Minimum Service of 17 years as law officer in Scheduled Commercial Bank and should have served in the capacity of Assistant General Manager (Law) & above for at least 2 years.|
|10||Chartered Accountant||Experience in corporate/ SME Credit as an Executive in supervisory/ management role in Schedule Commercial Bank/ Associate or Subsidiary of a Schedule Commercial Bank OR In a Public sector or listed Financial Institution/ Company.|
|11||Candidates with graduate/ post graduate degree are eligible.|
Knowledge & experience in Market Analytics and Passion for Research in economics trend and products is preferred.
|Minimum 12 years of relevant work experience in financial services, financial product development, investment advisory and private banking (8 years of experience in Wealth Management inclusive).|
Excellent knowledge of Equity Products, PMS, Alternate Investments, Mutual Funds.
Experience in Product Development and Structuring for Private Wealth Clients.
Experience in managing Investment Counselors/ Advisors at a National Level with Leading Banks/ Financial Institutions.
*For law based posts, enrolment as advocate with Bar Council is mandatory.
SBI SO 2019 Application Form: How to apply?
Candidates can register themselves online for the SBI SO 2019 exam from the official website bank.sbi/careers or sbi.co.in/careers. The applicants should also pay the required application fee and keep its receipt safe for future reference.
- The candidates can fill the application form in one go or can save the information in the form and complete the process later on.
- When the certain details provided in the application form are submitted by the candidates, a provisional registration number and password will be generated and displayed on the screen.
- Candidates should note this provisional registration number and password and using it they can fill the rest details in the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal, educational and experience details and also upload important documents such as photograph, signature, brief resume, id proof, educational certificates, etc.
- Applicants will also be provided the facility to make changes in their application form upto 3 times before making final submission.
- After the candidates are sure of the details entered into the form are true, complete and correct, they can make final form submission.
- A copy of the duly filled application form should be taken and kept safe for future reference.
- There will be a provision to reprint the e-receipt and application form at a later stage also.
- Candidates need to pay Rs 600/- (general/OBC category) as necessary application fee. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category, the application fee would be Rs 100/-.
- There will be no application fee for the post if Head (Product, Investment & Research).
- Payment of application fee can be done using Internet Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card etc.
Payscale in Rupees (CTC-annual emoluments (approx))
- For Post 1: 15.09 lakhs
- For Post 2 to 6: 18.00 lakhs
- For Post 7: 47-52 lakhs
- For Post 8: 35-47 lakhs
- For Post 9: 35-47 lakhs
- For Post 10: Negotiable
- For Post 11: Negotiable
The conducting body will release the SBI SO 2019 admit card through online mode only. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website by entering their registration number and password/date of birth in the given fields. Candidate should remember no hard copy of the call letter or admit card will be sent by post. It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the admit card at the examination center on the exam day.
The exam of SBI SO 2019 will be comprised of two stages i.e. Online Examination and Interview. The entrance test will be held online (computer-based test) probably in the month of January 2019. Aspirants can check the complete details on SBI SO exam pattern 2019 for Deputy Manager (Law) from the table below:
|Quantitative Aptitude||50 questions||50||90 minutes|
|Test of Reasoning||35 questions||35|
|English Language||35 questions||35|
|Professional Language||50 questions||100||45 minutes|
SBI SO Syllabus 2019
The syllabus for SBI SO 2019 will be set by SBI Bank. Candidates should go through the complete SBI SO syllabus and prepare accordingly. The authority has not released the syllabus for the upcoming exam yet. However, can get an idea about the topics covered in the exam through the previous year’s syllabus.
Classification, Alphabet Test, Logical Sequence of Words, Eligibility Test, Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle, Analogy, Logic, Puzzle Test, Data Sufficiency, Coding-Decoding, Clocks & Calendars, Direction Sense Test, Inserting the Missing Character, Arithmetical Reasoning, Mathematical Operations, Statement – Arguments, Logical Venn Diagrams, Number, Ranking & Time Sequence, Deriving Conclusions from Passages, Theme Detection, Series Completion, Situation Reaction Test, Statement – Conclusions
English Language Syllabus:
Synonyms, Antonyms, Cloze Test, Vocabulary, Conclusion, Comprehension, Verb, Word Formation, Error Correction, Grammar, Adverb, Theme detection, fill in the Blanks, Articles, Idioms & Phrases, Unseen Passages, Tenses, Passage Correction, Sentence Correction, Idioms and Phrases, Passage Completion, Sentence Completion, Sentence Rearrangement, Subject-Verb Agreement.
SBI SO Payscale
|Post name||Salary offered|
|Deputy Manager (Law)||Rs. 15.10 Lac|
|Deputy General Manager (Law, Contractual)||Rs. 47.00 Lac|
|Deputy General Manager (Law, Regular)||Rs. 40.20 Lac|
|Special Management Executive||Rs. 18.00|
SBI SO 2019 Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates will be based on written test followed by interview process which held separately for different posts filled through SBI SO 2019. Candidates who cleared the online test with prescribed cutoff marks will be considered eligible to appear in Interview Process. The SBI SO cutoff will be decided by State Bank of India. Selected candidates should bring all the necessary documents for the interview process.