SBI PO Eligibility Criteria– State bank of India which is usually stated as ‘SBI’ has the largest number of employees amongst all banks, thus become the largest public sector bank in India. It is one of the biggest recruiters across India which brings out a large number of vacancies for the post of Probationary Officers and Clerks every year. SBI pays more salary to the Probationary Officers (PO) as compared to other banks. Candidates who are willing to apply for the SBI PO examination, they must make sure whether they fulfill all the conditions of SBI PO eligibility criteria 2022. Aspirants who are not fulfilling the prescribed SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2022 will be rejected from the recruitment process.
All the aspiring candidates will be provided the essential details about the SBI PO Eligibility Criteria. Before applying for the PO examination candidates need to have a glance at the conditions of the eligibility criteria decided by SBI for the candidates who wish to apply for the PO exam in 2022.
Essential Details about Eligibility Criteria for SBI PO Exam
Candidates should satisfy the necessary SBI PO eligibility criteria as set by the conducting body before going on to fill the SBI PO Application form 2022. Only those candidates who fulfill these eligibility conditions would be able to apply online for SBI PO and take the test. Those who fail to satisfy the eligibility criteria are not allowed to take the examination and would be deprived off their candidature. Candidates can check the complete details about SBI PO Eligibility criteria from below:
Nationality of the Candidates
All the aspiring candidates who are eager to apply for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) in SBI
(I) must be a citizen of India
(ii) must be a subject of Nepal or
(iii) must be a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 to be settled permanently in India
(v) a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Age Limitation for SBI PO Exam
SBI holds PO examination separately from IBPS and it has set the age criteria for all the aspirants’ who want to apply for the SBI PO examination.
Candidates are advised to check their age as per the details provided by SBI if they dream to be the part of the enviable workforce of SBI.
- Candidates’ age should not be below 21 years and should not be above 30 years at the time of applying for SBI PO Exam.
- Aspiring candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1992 and not later than 01.04.2001. Both dates will be included while calculating the age.
All aspirants need to keep in mind the age limitation while filling the online application form for SBI PO examination 2022.
Upper Age Relaxation for SBI PO Exam
Candidates belonging to the reserved category will be provided the reservation as per the rules decided by Parliament.
Details regarding age relaxation are as follows-
- Five years of the age relaxation will be provided to the candidates who belong to the reserved category of ‘Scheduled Caste’ and ‘Scheduled Tribe’.
- The age relaxation will be of three years for those candidates who belong to OBC category.
- Persons having disabilities or those who are physically handicapped will get the maximum age relaxation as given below
- 10 years if the candidate is of General category
- 13 years to the candidates if belong to the ‘OBC’ category
- 15 Years to the candidates who belong to the ‘SC’ or ‘ST’ category
Essential Academic Qualifications
Candidates need to make sure about the educational qualification whether they have it or not before they apply for SBI PO exam. SBI asks candidates to have-
- Graduation in any discipline from an institute recognized by Parliament or State Legislature.
- Candidates who are in the final year/semester of their graduation can also apply but they will have to show their certificates that they have passed the graduation at the time of interview before the board.