SBI PO 2023 exam will be organized by the State Bank of India to select candidates for the post of Probationary Officer within the bank. This exam is conducted at a national level and a large number of graduates appear for this exam every year. The interested candidates can apply online for the exam from the month of April. The exam will be conducted in two rounds- preliminary and mains, followed by group exercise and interview. Candidates clearing all these rounds will be eligible for selection. This article provides important information related to SBI PO 2023 such as exam pattern, syllabus, application, eligibility, etc on this page.
SBI PO Notification 2023 Date
Go through the SBI exam calendar 2023. These dates will be updated as per the official notification, once it is released.
|Starting of online registration||April 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date to register online||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Issue of call letters for pre-exam training||May 2023, last week|
|Pre-exam training date||June 2023, 3rd week|
|Issue of call letter for preliminary exam||June 2023, 3rd week|
|SBI PO 2023 exam date (preliminary)||July 2023, 1st week|
|Declaration of result||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Release of call letter for main exam||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Main exam date||August 2023, 1st week|
|Declaration of result||August 2023, 3rd week|
|Issue of call letters for interview||September 2023, 1st week|
|Group exercises & interview||September 2023, 3rd week to October 2023, 2nd week|
|Declaration of final result||November 2023, 1st week|
SBI PO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria for the candidates to appear in the SBI PO 2023 are mentioned below:
- Candidates of Indian nationality are eligible to apply.
- The minimum and maximum age of the applicants should be 21 and 30 years respectively as on 1st April 2023. Relaxation will be provided in the upper age limit to the reserved category candidates.
- Candidates who have graduated from a recognized university or have any equivalent qualification can apply. Final year candidates, whose results will be declared on or before 31.08.2023, can apply too. Candidates with Chartered Accountant qualification are also eligible.
SBI PO 2023 Application Form
Interested candidates can apply for SBI PO 2023 exam online by visiting the official website of State Bank of India www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal, academic and other details. Scanned copies of photograph and signature will also be uploaded in the form. After filling all the particulars of the application, it can be submitted along with the required application fee. The fee payment can be done by debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
SBI PO Application Fee
- For General/ OBC candidates: Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates: Rs. 100/-
* Transaction charges will be applicable additionally
SBI PO 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for both preliminary and main is given as:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Negative marking: One-fourth of the allotted marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration (in minutes)|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration (in minutes)|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||200||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||45|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||35|
Subjective (Descriptive) Test
The subjective test will consist of 2 questions from English Language- Letter writing & Essay. Duration will be 30 minutes.
SBI PO 2023 Syllabus
The list of topics from which the questions in the SBI PO exam 2023 will be asked is provided below. Here is the quick description of SBI PO syllabus:
- English Language: Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Fill in the blanks, Deriving Conclusions, Sentence Rearrangement, etc
- Reasoning Ability: Sitting Arrangement, Direction, Distance, Statements & Assumptions, Blood Relation, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Alphabetical and Miscellaneous Series, etc
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Analysis & Interpretation: Number series, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Interpretation, Probability, Table Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Permutation & Combination, Line Graph, etc
- Computer Knowledge: History of computers, Input and Output devices, Windows operating system, Hardware and software, Basic Functionalities of MS Office, Internet terms and services, etc
- General Awareness: Major Financial and Economic News, Current Affairs (National and International), Books and Authors, Sports, Awards and Honours, Banking & Financial Awareness, Science– Inventions and Discoveries, etc
Syllabus for Descriptive subjects
- Letter Writing: Formal Letter, Informal Letter, Letters on saving the account, education loan and net banking
- Essay Writing: Financial Inclusion, Right to Education, Technology, etc
How to prepare for SBI PO recruitment 2023?
Banking sector is a field of interest for numerous candidates after they complete their graduation. As such, there is no need to say that the competition is going to be quite tough. This also means that you need to prepare vigorously for this exam in order to get selected. We are providing here certain tips that might help you in preparing for the exam:
- Study according to a proper strategy. Make a proper timetable for your studies to prepare well for SBI PO 2020.
- Collect study material from authentic sources. Study only from the books of good authors.
- Practice previous year exam papers to get a clearer understanding of the exam pattern.
- Do revision on a regular basis.
- Proper sleep and food is also very important. Try to study with a relaxed mind and do not rush through your studies.
Prescribe books for SBI PO 2023 preparation
Below here, we are providing a list of certain books that can be followed for basic preparation of SBI PO 2023 exam:
- Quantitative Aptitude by R. S. Aggarwal
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- Computer Awareness Arihant Publication
How to download my SBI PO 2023 admit card
Official link to download the SBI PO 2023 admit card will be provided on the official website. The candidates will be able to download the admit card and an ‘acquaint yourself’ booklet by providing the required credentials. It is important to carry the admit card to the exam center along a valid and original identity proof. No hard copy of the admit card/ call letter will be sent to the candidates by post.
SBI PO 2023 result
The result of SBI PO 2023 exam will be published on the official website. The candidates who qualify the preliminary exam will be allowed to give the main exam. Those who clear both preliminary and main exam will have to appear for the interview round. The final result will be declared on the basis of performance in preliminary exam, main exam and the interview.
SBI PO Previous Year Brochure PDFSBI PO brochure
Most likely in April 2023
SBI recruitment official website- https://www.sbi.co.in/web/careers
16 thoughts on “SBI PO 2023: Notification Date, Syllabus, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria”
Is really SBI po notification come in April ? If yes why ?
SBI releases notification in October every year. Why in advance?
This is not the official schedule. SBI will release the official schedule for PO recruitment and it will be updated accordingly.
Information shi diya kro please….. June me to form out honge… August me pre. And October me mains
The schedule provided in this article is tentative and will be updated according to SBI PO 2023 notification. There is no official notification released yet for the recruitment of PO in State Bank of India.
The schedule given is for reference purpose only.
Tentative date for the SBI PO 2023 on July of 1st week ? is that correct ?
Not yet confirmed by State Bank of India.
How to start op preparation plsss suggest me konsi book purchase kru and live class channel from start to zero
You may follow these books- https://www.99entranceexam.in/jobs/best-books-sbi-po-exam/
You should also ask your mentor for the best books and notes for SBI preparation.
Who is best coaching for sbi po banking exams? Online or offline
Plz give me some tips
I dont have any experience in banking exam ,But I wanted to become a bank po . How can I prepare for bank exam ? Give me some tips
Preeti first You clear all basics of maths reasoning English after you take good books like here for po preparation and Daily read current affairs nation and international also so you can prepare Bank po exam
I am preparing for SBI PO. Give me some tips to prepare.
Please help me for exam Pattern and give some feedback
Please help me for exam Pattern
i don’t have any experience in banking side. can i eligible this job?
I am preparing for SBI po N tq for give me some idea about this