SBI PO 2019: The State Bank of India conducts PO recruitment exam every year at national level. SBI PO 2019 recruitment exam is going to conducted in two stages viz. preliminary and mains exam. After this, an interview round is conducted. Candidates can appear in Mains exam only if they clear SBI PO 2019 preliminary cutoff. If you are willing to appear in SBI PO 2019 recruitment exam then you can fill its application form in the month of April 2019 tentatively. You should confirm that your educational qualification and age meet the required criteria. Through this post, candidates can check all important details on SBI PO Exam 2019.
Latest: SBI PO 2019 official notification is possible to be released in April 2019.
SBI PO 2019 Important Dates
|Important Event||Expected Dates|
|Online registration process will begin from||April 2019, 3rd week|
|Last date for online registration||2nd week of May 2019|
|Payment Application fees/intimation charges||3rd week of April 2019|
|Last date to make fee payment||May 2019, 2nd week|
|Issue of Call letters for pre-exam training||Last week of May 2019|
|Pre-exam training will be conducted on||June 2019, 3rd week|
|Availability of Call letters for online preliminary exam||3rd week of June 2019|
|Preliminary exam date||July 2019, 1st & 2nd week|
|Declaration of result of preliminary exam||July 2019, 3rd week|
|Release of Call letter for the Main exam||July 2019, 3rd week|
|Main exam date||1st week of August 2019|
|Announcement of result of main exam||3rd week of August 2019|
|Call letters for the Interview can be downloaded from||September 2019, 1st week|
|Group exercises & Interview||September 2019, 3rd week to October 2019, 2nd week|
|Declaration of Final result||1st week of November 2019|
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should satisfy the necessary eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The details on SBI PO Eligibility criteria 2019 are mentioned below:
Nationality: Indian Citizens are eligible to apply.
Age limit: Coming to the SBI PO eligibility criteria, candidates’ age should be in between 21 to 30 years as on 1st April 2019. Relaxation norms will be applicable to candidates of reserved category as per the following:
|Category||Upper Age relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Benchmark Disabilities||PWD (SC/ST)- 15 Years|
PWD (OBC)- 13 Years
PWD (Gen)- 10 years
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
Educational Qualification: Candidate should have graduated from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Final year candidates, whose results will be released on or before 31.08.2019 are also allowed to apply for SBI PO 2019 recruitment exam. However, these candidates will have to produce the proof of passing the exam on the day of interview. Candidates with Chartered Accountant qualification can also apply.
Total number of attempts for SBI PO 2019
The number of attempts will be varied for different categories as given below:
|General (Unreserved) category||4 attempts|
|For General (PWD) category||7 attempts|
|OBC & OBC (PWD) candidates||7 attempts|
|SC/ ST, SC (PWD) and ST (PWD) candidates||No limit|
SBI PO 2019 Application Form: How to apply?
SBI PO online application form will be available at the official website of State bank of India i.e. www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in. A valid email id and the scanned copies of candidates’ photograph/signature are required before filling the application form.
- The applicants will have to register themselves through the banks’ website.
- After successful registration, the candidates will have to fill the application form.
- At this stage, candidates need to provide the required personal as well as educational details including their name, mobile no., communication address, marks in qualifying exam, etc.
- After saving the entered data, the applicants will get a provisional registration number and password.
- Using this registration number and password, the candidates can re-open the form and edit the data entered. However, only three attempts at editing data in this way is provided. It should be noted that once the application form is filled completely, editing will not be possible.
- The scanned copies of recent Photograph and Signature will also be uploaded in the application form in the specified format.
- Photograph must be in color taken against a light (white to be preferred) background. Power glasses are allowed, but there should be no reflection and the eyes must be visible properly. Religious head-wear is allowed but it should not cover your face.
- Signature should be done on a white paper with black ink pen and should not be done in capital letters.
- The candidates are also required to enter the graduation marks in percentage calculated upto 2 decimal units. The marks entered must be the aggregate marks calculated considering all the subjects studied during graduation, honors/ additional/ optional.
- The applicants belonging to the PWD category should indicate in the form, whether they will be using service of scribe or not. The applicants will have to arrange their own scribe at their own cost.
- Once all the details are filled in the form, you can proceed towards the payment of application fee. The fee payment can be done through the Credit card/ Debit card / Internet banking.
- After successful application fee submission, e-receipt and application form will be generated. In case of failed payment, you will have to login again and try making payment again.
- Don’t forget to take the print out of the application form for future reference.
- A provision to reprint the e-Receipt and Application form containing fee details, is also made available at later stage.
|For General and Others||Rs. 600/ + transaction charges as applicable|
|For SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates||Rs. 100/ + transaction charges as applicable|
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG||200 x 230 pixels||20 kb – 50 kb|
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG||140 x 60 pixels||10 kb – 20 kb|
Category Code to enter in the form
SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern
Please carefully review the suggested exam pattern for SBI PO exam as given below:
Preliminary Exam Pattern
The preliminary exam will consist of 100 objective type questions carrying a total of 100 marks. The paper will be divided into 3 sections and 20 minutes will be given to attempt each section total making the total duration of paper 1 hour. For each incorrect response, 1/4th of the assigned marks will be deducted.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Allotted Marks|
Main Exam Pattern
The test will be held in online mode. The main exam will consist of the objective as well as subjective type questions. Total marks allotted for the objective part is 200, whereas, the descriptive test will be of 50 marks. Duration given to complete the mains examination is 3 hours and 30 minutes. The complete question paper will be divided into sections and, separate timing will be provided for each section. For the objective test, one-fourth of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Duration (in minutes)|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||45|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||35|
Subjective (Descriptive) Test
The descriptive test will consist of 2 questions from English Language- Letter writing & Essay.
Note: No negative marking will be done from the overall marks.
SBI PO Admit Card 2019
The SBI PO Admit Card/ Call Letter 2019 will be released around 3 weeks before the day of the examination/ interview. Candidate who have registered successfully can download their admit card through online mode from the official website link. No hard copy of the call letter / acquaint yourself booklet will be sent by post.
Along with the call letter, ‘acquaint yourself’ booklet will also be available for download. Candidate should bring their admit card along with identity proof in original as well as photocopy while appearing for the examination or interview. Without these documents, the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Proof of identity to be submitted
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter’s Identity Card
- Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph
- Identity Card issued by School or College
- Gazetted Officer in the official letterhead
SBI PO 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus of SBI PO 2019 is quite broad in terms of subjects. Below we are listing important subject wise topics that aspirant should go through to score better marks in SBI PO exam 2019.
Spotting Errors, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Deriving Conclusions, Sentence Rearrangement Miss spelt & Inappropriate Words, Cloze Test, Paragraph Completion, Synonyms, Para Jumbles, Antonyms, Grammar Correction, Idioms & Phrases, Vocabulary.
Blood Relation, Coding-Decoding, Direction and Distance, Data Sufficiency, Sitting Arrangement, Order and Ranking, Puzzle, Inequality, Machine Input, Syllogism, Statement & Course of Action, Alphabetical and Miscellaneous Series, Input & Output, Inference, Diagram, Statements & Assumptions.
Data Analysis/ Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation
Number series, Simplification, Percentage, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Ages, Average Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Pipes and Cisterns, Time and Work, Speed, Time and distance, Quadratic Equations, Boats and Streams, Problems on trains, Mixture and Allegation, Permutation and Combination, Inequality, Probability, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, Area and Volume, Data Analysis/Data Interpretation (Mix DI, Pie Chart, Table Graph, Bar Graph, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Line Graph, Language DI).
Input and Output devices, History of computers, Windows operating system, Hardware and software, Internet terms and services, Basic Functionalities of MS-Office (MS-Excel, MS-word, MS-PowerPoint), Computer Abbreviations, Networking and communication, Logic gates, Hacking, Database Management system, Security and Viruses, Modern Day Technology, Shorty Keys
Major Financial/ Economic News, Current Affairs (National and International), Budget and Five Year Plans, Who’s Who, Books, Sports, and Authors, Awards and Honours, Banking & Financial Awareness, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Important Days, Abbreviations, International and National.
Syllabus for Descriptive subjects
- Formal Letter: Writing Letter to Bank Managers, Govt Department Officers, and News Editors.
- Informal Letter: Writing letters to relatives, friends, parents, siblings
- Letters on saving the account, education loan and net banking
- Financial Inclusion
- General Topic Only
- Right to Education
- Impact of autonomy
- Rural Banking
- Chief Vigilance Officer
Best reference books SBI PO 2019 preparation
Here is the list of suggested books for exam preparation:
SBI PO Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Quantitative Aptitude Test by N. K. Singh
SBI PO Books for the English Language
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha
- Objective General English by R. S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe
SBI PO Books for Reasoning Ability
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwali
- The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj
- The examination will be conducted across many centers all over India.
- No request for change of centre will be entertained.
- SBI can cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres and can allot the candidate any centre other than the one he/ she has opted for.
Biometric Verification in SBI PO Exam 2019
The bank may conduct biometric verification of the candidates at different stages. The applicants will be asked to provide their thumb impression to prove their authenticity. As such, they are advised not to apply any external matter like mehandi, ink, etc. on their hands.
SBI PO Result 2019
The result of SBI PO 2019 will be announced in online mode. The candidates who clear the preliminary examination will be called for mains examination. Furthermore, those who pass the mains examination are invited for Group Discussion rounds. The conducting body will announce the final results after analyzing the candidate’s performance in interview and group discussion round.
SBI PO 2019 Selection Procedure
The selection for SBI PO will be done through a three-tiered process:
- A category-wise merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the preliminary test. Candidates approx. 10 times the number of vacancies will be shortlisted for the mains exam.
- Again, on the basis of marks obtained in the main test, a category-wise merit list will be drawn. Around 3 times the number of vacancy available, candidates will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise and Interview round.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to qualify the Group Exercise and Interview round in order to be eligible for the selection.
Documents to be submitted at the time of Interview
- Interview Call Letter
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer for the candidates serving in Govt./Quasi Govt. offices, Public Sector undertakings including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions
- Caste certificate issued by Competent Authority by the SC/ ST candidates
- A declaration in the prescribed format by candidates seeking reservation under OBC-NC category
- Documents regarding eligibility criteria and proof of date of birth, etc.
SBI Official Website: SBI Recruitment