SBI Clerk 2023 exam will be conducted on a national level to select candidates for the post of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) in clerical cadre. The exam will be conducted in three rounds, i.e., preliminary test, main exam and specified language test. The process of application submission as well the conduction of exam, all will be done in online mode. The candidates can apply for vacancies in only one state. This article provides complete details regarding the SBI Clerk 2023 such as application form, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, etc.
SBI Clerk 2023 Important Dates
The official dates for the SBI Clerk 2023 exam are given here. The dates have been according to the official announcement:
|Events of the Exam||Dates|
|Availability of online application form||January 2023|
|Last date for online registration||January 2023|
|Issue of preliminary exam admit card||March 2023|
|Date of preliminary exam||March/ April 2023|
|Result of preliminary exam||April 2023|
|Issue of main exam admit card||April 2023|
|Date of main exam||April 2023|
|Result of main exam||May 2023|
|Release of admit card for interview||June 2023|
|Date of opted local language test||June 2023|
|Final result declaration||July 2023|
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023
The applicants must ensure the following SBI Clerk 2023 eligibility criteria before they submit their application:
- Indian national candidates are only eligible.
- The minimum and maximum age of candidates as on 01.01.2023 should be 20 years and 28 years respectively. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will get relaxation in upper age limit.
- The candidates who have earned a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university can apply. The candidates with integrated dual degree (IDD) should make sure that the date of passing this degree is on or before 01.01.2023.
- Matriculate ex-servicemen who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in Navy or Air Force with at least 15 years of service are also eligible for SBI Clerk 2023.
SBI Clerk 2023 Application Form
SBI Clerk 2023 application form will be made available on the official website of SBI. In the application form, important information related to candidate’s personal and academic details needs to be filled. Along with this, scanned copies of photograph and signature of candidate will also be uploaded. After this, the candidates should proceed towards application fee payment. The application fee for General/ OBC candidates will be Rs. 600/- and for SC/ ST/ PwD and Ex-Servicemen candidates, it will be Rs. 100/-. The application fee submission can be done via debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
SBI Clerk 2023 Exam Pattern
The following is the exam pattern for the SBI Clerk 2023:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Language of paper: English + Hindi (except for the test of General English)
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Negative marking: 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Section||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
Local language test:
The candidates who have applied for vacancies in a particular state will have to appear for local language test after the main exam. Those who can submit certificate proving that they have studied the local language as a subject in their 10th or 12th exam will not have to appear for this test.
SBI Clerk 2023 Syllabus
The questions in the SBI Clerk exam 2023 will be based on the following topics:
- Reasoning: Linear Seating Arrangement, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Statement Based Questions, Miscellaneous Questions, Inequality, etc
- Quantitative Aptitude: Quadratic Equations, Data Interpretation, Average, Simple and Compound interest, Data Sufficiency, Boat and Stream, Time and Work, etc
- English Language: Reading Comprehension Test, Spotting the Errors, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Rearrangement, etc
- General/ Financial Awareness: Current Affairs and Banking and Economy, Insurance, Awards and Honours, Sports, National and International News, etc
- Computer Aptitude: History of computers, Windows operating system, Input and Output devices, Internet terms and services, Computer Abbreviations, etc
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk 2023 exam?
SBI Clerk exam is considered among the toughest exams conducted and the competition is also very tough. In such case, the candidates must follow a right strategy in order to clear this exam. Certain basic tips are provided below that the candidates might find helpful for themselves:
- Prepare a time table for yourself so that you can manage your time in an efficient manner.
- Collect the study material at one place before starting your studies.
- Practice previous year papers as much as you can. But before this, complete your whole syllabus.
- Always keep yourself updated with the current affairs as they are very important part of the bank related exams.
Recommended Books for SBI Clerk 2023
The candidates preparing for their SBI Clerk 2023 might refer the following books for their exam preparation:
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- General Knowledge Lucent Publication
- Quantitative Aptitude by R. S. Aggarwal
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe
- Computer Awareness Arihant Publications
- Banking and Financial Awareness Kiran Publications
SBI Clerk Admit Card 2023
The candidates will be able to download their admit card and an ‘acquaint yourself’ booklet from the official SBI website. The admit card for the preliminary exam will be issued to all the candidates who have registered successfully for the exam. The admit card for main exam will be only released for the candidates who clear their pre exam. The candidates must bring the admit card and a photo identity proof to the exam center.
SBI Clerk Result 2023
The result for the SBI Clerk 2023 will be released in online mode. The candidates will be able to check the result by visiting the official website. The candidates declared qualified in the pre exam will be eligible for the main exam. After clearing the main exam, local language test will be conducted. The final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of final result published on the basis of pre, main and language test.