Railway Recruitment Board, Non Technical Popular Categories 2023 or RRB NTPC 2023 is a popular recruitment exam conducted by the ministry of railways. Through this exam, the candidates are shortlisted for the graduate and undergraduate posts in the Indian Railways. To select the applicants, the ministry will conduct two computer-based tests (CBT) followed by the skill/ medical tests. Candidates who want to apply for the RRB NTPC 2023 exam have to fill an online application form before the last date. All the necessary details regarding the RRB NTPC 2023 exam are provided in the post below.
RRB NTPC 2023 Main Highlights
- The following Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) will select the candidates on the basis of this exam – RRB Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Bilaspur, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Jammu-Srinagar, Kolkata, Malda, Mumbai, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Ranchi, Secunderabad, Siliguri, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Eligibility criteria of RRB NTPC 2023 vary for different posts. Candidates are requested to check it carefully before submitting the form.
- After the 1st stage of computer-based test, RRBs will shortlist candidates 20 times the number of available vacancies.
- While filling the application form, candidates have to provide the preference for the posts available.
- Selected candidates have to execute surety and indemnity bond (if applicable) at the time of joining the railways.
RRB NTPC 2023 Important Dates
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Publication of official notification||Last week of February 2023|
|Starting of online application form submission||1st week of March 2023|
|Last date to register on online portal||Last week of March 2023|
|Last date to submit application fee||1st week of April 2023|
|Final submission of the application form||2nd week of April 2023|
|Admit Card Availability||May 2023|
|Date of computer-based test (1st stage)||June 2023 to September 2023|
Posts Available Through RRB NTPC 2023
The available posts are divided among the undergraduate and graduate candidates as given below:
For undergraduate candidates (12th pass)
- Junior Clerk cum Typist
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist
- Junior Time Keeper
- Trains Clerk
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk
For graduate candidates
- Traffic Assistant
- Goods Guard
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk
- Senior Clerk cum Typist
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist
- Senior Time Keeper
- Commercial Apprentice
- Station Master
RRB NTPC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
As you can see, the posts are divided under two categories i.e. undergraduate and graduate candidates. The RRB NTPC eligibility criteria 2023 are different for undergraduate and graduate posts as illustrated below. Read basic eligibility for different posts:
For Undergraduate Post
- The age of a candidate must be between 18 to 30 years as on 1st July 2023.
- Applicant must have cleared the class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
For Graduate post
- The age of the candidates should be between 18 to 33 years as on 1st July 2023.
- The applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
Important Points regarding eligibility criteria
- Please note that the candidates waiting for the result of the prescribed educational qualification need not apply.
- SC/ ST candidates will get a relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit.
- The relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidates is 3 years.
- There will be some additional requirements for a few posts as well. For example – Candidates looking for junior accounts assistant cum typist post should have typing proficiency in English/ Hindi.
- Candidates with following nationalities only can apply
- A citizen of India,
- a subject of Bhutan,
- subjects of Nepal,
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with an intention to permanently settling here
- An Indian origin person migrated to India from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam and East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, the united republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Ethiopia and Zaire.
RRB NTPC 2023 Application Form
The RRB NTPC Application Form 2023 for all the posts will be available online through the official website of the respective RRB in which the candidate is looking to apply.
- To initiate the RRB NTPC 2023 application procedure, the candidates have to register by providing basic details such as name, date of birth, father’s name, 10th class roll number, etc.
- After registration, the candidates have to verify their email id and phone number using OTP.
- Then, aspirants can proceed to fill out the rest of the details in the application form.
- Make sure to enter the details as accurately as possible. Otherwise, the form may get rejected.
- Candidates also need to choose the language in which they want to attempt the exam. The available languages are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Manipuri, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil and Urdu.
- Additionally, the aspirants also need to provide their bank account details in the application form so that they can get the refund of an application fee.
- Applicants also need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in a proper format. The colored photograph must be taken on or after 1st January 2023.
- SC/ ST candidates who will opt to avail free rail travel need to upload the scanned image of their SC/ ST certificate.
- Candidates may save the confirmation page or take its printout for the future requirement.
The application fee varies for the candidates of different categories as given below:
- Male candidates of General/ OBC candidates: Rs. 500/- (Rs. 400/- to be refunded after appearing for 1st stage CBT)
- Female/ PwBD/ Transgender/ SC/ ST/ Ex-Servicemen/ Economically Backward Classes: 250/- (Fee will be refunded after appearing for 1st stage CBT)
Mode of Payment
- Online: Using credit card/ debit card/ Internet banking or UPI
- Offline: By submitting SBI challan at any branch of SBI or depositing post office challan at any branch of the computerized post office.
RRB NTPC 2023 Exam Pattern
Read important information about exam pattern below:
1st Stage Computer-Based Test
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Duration of Exam: 90 minutes
- Number of Questions: 100
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Marking Pattern: 1 mark will be given for a correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1/3 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Subjects and distribution of questions
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
2nd Stage Computer Based Test
- Examination Mode: Online
- Duration of Exam: 90 minutes
- Total Number of Questions: 120
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Maximum marks: 120
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 marks
- Negative Marking: 1/3 marks will be deducted in case a wrong answer
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35||35|
|Total||120 Questions||120 Marks|
RRB NTPC Syllabus
Given below are the subject-wise important topics for the RRB NTPC 2023 examination. Go through the detailed overview of syllabus here-
Mathematics: Number System, Decimals, Fractions, HCF, LCM, Time and Distance, Elementary Algebra, Simple and Compound Interest, Ratio and proportion, Profit and Loss, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series, Coding and Decoding, Reasoning, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagrams, Puzzle, Data Sufficiency, Mathematical Operations, Similarities and Differences, Relationships, etc.
General Awareness: Current Events of National and International Importance, Games and Sports, Art and Culture of India, Indian Literature, Monuments and Places of India, General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE),Indian Polity and Governance- constitution and political system, General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India, etc.
RRB NTPC Admit Card
- The RRB NTPC Admit Card 2023 will get released on the official website about 10 days prior to the date of exam.
- SMS and email will also be sent to the candidates informing about the releasing of an admit card.
- Please note that the call letter or admit card will not be sent by post.
- Details about the examination venue and date will present on the admit card.
- Candidates should read the instructions given on the backside of an admit card very carefully.
- Aspirants also required to carry one photo identity proof along with the admit card.
- Candidates also need to bring one photograph (same as uploaded in the application form) at the examination center.
RRB NTPC 2023 Result
- The result of both CBT – 1 and CBT – 2 will publish in online mode through the official website of the respective RRB.
- To check the RRB NTPC 2023 result, the candidates have to provide their roll no/ registration and date of birth.
- After the result declaration, the authorities will conduct skill test/ medical tests as applicable.
- The final selection will be done only after the proper verification of the documents of candidates.