PSU Recruitment GATE Public sector undertakings recruit the engineering graduates who have appeared in the GATE Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Air India Charters Limited (AICL), Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC), Food Corporation of India (FCI), Gas authority of India Limited (GAIL) are some of the public undertakings which select the eligible and efficient candidates on the basis of the score they have attained in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). The PSUs conduct the personal interview after shortlisting the candidates.
There are some advice and suggestions which candidates need to mind when going to take part in the PSUs PI. In the post, candidates have been provided some of the easy and valuable PSU Recruitment GATE Interview Tips which will help candidates leave impression on the personal interview board.
GATE IIT Roorkee conducts the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted in the association of other Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) viz., IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur and IIT Kharagpur and the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc). The GATE will be comprised of 23 question papers commenced through the online mode but candidates will be required to appear only in one questions paper of their engineering subject/stream. After submitting the GATE online application form, candidates will be issued GATE Admit Card to take part in the computer based test.
GATE Score Card will be valid for up to three years from the date of announcement of the GATE result
Things to get ready before PSU interview
Candidates need to keep the GATE result/scorecard safe until the further job or admission process is not over. Candidates can apply for the various engineering posts in the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) on the basis of the score they have obtained in the GATE Candidates need to have prepared with the following points as given before they appear for the interview:
- Keep the resume/CV updated
It is quite necessary for the candidates to keep their resume updated with all the latest and correct information before they plan to take part in the interview. Candidates will be required to apply for the PSUs posts.
- Make sure that all the certificates/documents are ready
Candidates need to keep their certificates ready before they go to appear in the interview which will be like a valid Photo ID like Pan Card, recent passport size photos, Aadhaar Card etc, Class X Certificate, Class XII Certificate, Provisional Certificate along with mark-sheet, GATE 2018 Score Card etc.
- Find the PSUs which you are eligible to apply for
The engineering graduates need to search and find the PSUs which they are eligible to apply for as per their trade of engineering degree as candidates can’t be eligible to apply in all the PSUs. Candidates need to enlist the PSUs as per the qualification and the stream and then they should apply for the same.
- Collect the information about the PSUs
It is also one of the important points that candidates must have the knowledge and details of the PSUs which they have applied for the job. Most of the questions in the interview will be focused on this. Candidates will be required to have the knowledge of establishments and the achievements and the future plans of the undertaking.
- Know about the PSU’s recruitment premises
How a candidate can find himself eligible to apply and to get selected for the posts notified by the PSUs without knowing its recruitment process. Candidates must have the knowledge of the recruitment process of the PSUs.
- Get aware of the working culture of the PSUs
The working culture is the most important part of the PSU’s jobs and candidates need to do research online or through the newspapers per magazines. Candidates must be aware of the working culture before they wish to join the PSU companies.
PSU Interview Tips
There are many pieces of advice which candidates should think of and follow them while they are in front of the board/interviewers in the interview room. Some of the tips have been provided in the following points which if candidates follow; they will surely be able to leave an impression on the interview conducting board. Here are the interview tips:
- Candidates need to be well-groomed while going for the interview and the hair must be combed. The dress which candidates wear for the interview must be formal.
- Never tend to be a liar before the interviewers. Always be honest, be it the question of the personal traits or any other question related to education. They are expert and they easily get the one who pretends to be true while being false.
- Candidates should re-acquaint themselves with all essential topics of their graduation degree before appearing in the PSU’s interview.
- Moreover, candidates need to be vigilant of the current issues and general awareness.
- There might be some kind of tricky questions in the interview which interviewers want the prompt reaction of the candidates and candidates to need to prepare for such kind of questions as well before appearing in the interview. Candidates can take the reference from the PSU’s previous year interview questions.