Candidates wishing to appear for Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) should make themselves familiar with the OSSTET exam pattern 2019. The exam is conducted on an annual basis and it is mandatory for the applicants to qualify the same if they wish to be appointed as a teacher in any secondary school of the state. The exam will be conducted in offline mode where the candidates will be provided with the question booklet and the OMR answer sheet. Candidates need to mark the answer only in the answer sheet given. The duration of the exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes for each paper. Candidates need at least 60% marks in each paper of the exam to qualify the same. Minimum passing marks for SC/ST/PH/SEBC candidates will be 50%.
OSSTET Exam Pattern 2019
The OSSTET exam pattern will help the candidates in getting an idea of the structure of the exam. Therefore, they can plan their study schedule accordingly to qualify the exam. They also need to go through the OSSTET syllabus prescribed by the authority to know about the topics which will be asked in the exam. The exam pattern of OSSTET is as follows-
- Exam mode: Offline (pen and paper-based mode)
- Exam Duration: Candidates will be given 2 hours 30 minutes to finish each paper in the exam.
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the exam. Candidates will be given four choices and they’ll have to choose one correct choice out of the given ones.
- Total number of Papers: There will be a total of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Candidates filling the academic and training qualification as per the category-I need to appear for paper-I and those satisfying the qualification as per the category-II need to appear for Paper-II.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for marking the correct response.
- Negative Marking: There will be no provision of negative marking. Hence, the candidates can attempt all the questions without any worry.
- Maximum marks in Paper-I: 550
- Maximum marks in Paper-II: 60
- Compulsory subject in Paper-I: English and Odia
As per the exam pattern of OSSTET, there will be 4 sections in each paper comprising of-
- Section-I: This section will be of compulsory Odia language paper
- Section-II: This section will be of compulsory English language paper
- Section-III: This section will consist of subject-specific questions for TGT (Arts), TGT (Science i.e. PCM and CBZ), Classical language teacher, Hindi teacher. The question in the paper will be in English for TGT arts and science. Whereas, for the remaining profile the questions will be asked in respective languages/scripts.
- Section-IV: Questions in this section will be asked on child development, Pedagogy, school management. The evaluation will be done in English and will be compulsory for both the categories.