Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam 2019: Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) recruits the eligible candidates for the past of district/civil judges for the various subordinate courts of Odisha. The OPSC conducts the whole selection process. Candidates, who have completed their bachelor degree in law, can apply for the examination.
Here, candidates can get all the information about the Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, and the important dates.
Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam Important Dates
|Name of the events of the PCS 2019 Exam||Date Assigned (Tentative)|
|1||Publication of official notification||Will be updated later|
|2||The last date for submitting application forms|
|3||Date of issuing of admit card|
|4||Date of examination|
|5||Date of results declaration|
Important Note: The dates for the Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam 2019 will be updated when official notification will be published.
Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Application Form 2019
To take part in the examination and the selection process, candidates need to apply thru the application form. The guidelines to fill the application form have been given here:
- The application form of the examination will be available on the official website of OPSC.
- In the application form, candidates will have to fill all the details such as the name, address and the details of the educational qualification.
- Candidates will also upload the scanned photo and signature in the application form.
- There will be an application fee which every applicant will pay thru the online mode.
- The application fee can be paid thru the credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Candidates need to save the registered application form in the pdf format after registering online for future reference.
Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Eligibility Criteria
There are some conditions of the eligibility criteria which every applicant must fulfill before they apply for the selection process of Odisha Civil Services (Judicial). The details of the eligibility criteria have been given here:
- An applicant must be a citizen of India.
- He must have completed the bachelor level degree in law from a recognized institute or university.
- The age of the applicants must not exceed 21 years.
- The maximum age of the candidates must not be more than 35 years.
- The candidates of the reserved category will be given the appropriate relaxation in their upper age.
- The relaxation in the upper age for the candidates of the SC and ST category will be 5 years.
- Candidates of the OBC category will be offered the age relaxation of 3 years.
Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam Pattern
There will be three stages of the Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam, the pre-exam, Main exam and the interview.
Details of the pre-exam
- There will be one objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Duration of the examination will be 02 hours.
- Maximum marks for each subject is 100 marks.
- The negative marking will be of 1/4th
- The language of the question paper will be English and Odia.
- The qualifying marks will be 40& but for the candidates of the reserved category, the qualifying marks will be 35%.
Candidates will have to appear in the compulsory question papers and the optional subjects in the Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam main examination. The details about the compulsory papers and the optional papers are given below.
- There will be 02 compulsory papers in the main exam.
- Total Marks for the examination would be 300.
|Paper 1||General English||150 Marks|
|Paper II||Procedure of Laws||150 Marks|
2. Optional Papers
- Applicants can choose maximum 03 subjects from the below given 5 optional subjects.
- The subjects chosen by the applicants will carry 150 marks each.
- Each question paper will be of 150 marks.
|Law of Crime & Law of Torts||150 Marks|
|Personal Laws||150 Marks|
|Law of Property||150 Marks|
|Law of Contract||150 Marks|
|Jurisprudence and Constitution of India||150 Marks|
Personality Test / Interview
Total Marks will be 100 marks. Questions will be asked upon the broad National and International issues and matter of common interest in the field of Arts of Science.
Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam Admit Card 2019
- The admit card for the Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam will be issued thru the official website of the commission.
- Candidates can download the admit card from there and take the printout of the same.
- All the candidates need to bring the admit card with them at the examination center to ensure to appear in the examination.
Odisha Civil Services (Judicial) Exam Result 2019
- As the admit card, the result of the examination of all the three stages will be published on the official website of the commission.
- OPSC will announce the separate results of the pre and main examination.
- The result of the main examination and the interview will be published on the official website.