NDA 2021: Selection of candidates in the different wings of National Defence Academy will be done on the basis of written exam and interview. The NDA 2021 exam will be organized by the UPSC on a national level twice in the year. NDA I will be held on 18th April 2021 and NDA II on 14th November 2021. The interested and eligible candidates will be able to fill and submit their application form in online mode. The final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the written test and the interview as well.
NDA 2 2021 result has been declared.
NDA 2 admit card is now available from 22nd October 2021. Download here
The application form for NDA 2 2021 is now available for women candidates. Students can apply till 8th October 2021. Check details
NDA 1 result has been declared on 30th June 2021.
NDA 2 has been rescheduled to be held on 14th November 2021.
NDA 2 application form has been released on 9th June 2021.
NDA 1 question paper and answer key has been released now.
NDA 1 2021 admit card is available from 26th April 2021.
NDA 2021 application form is now available from 30th December 2020.
NDA 2021 Important Info
- Document and eligibility of the candidates will be verified after they clear the interview round.
- The commission may use the registered email id and phone number of the candidates for communication and therefore they must be valid and active.
- Preference for the service should be provided at the time of online application filling.
- Candidates must not marry until they complete the training or else they will be released and will have to refund all expenditure incurred on him to the Government.
- The candidates who have failed INSB/ PABT earlier will not be eligible for Air Force.
- Traveling allowance will be provided to the candidates who are appearing in the interview for the first time for a particular type of commission (permanent or short service).
NDA 2021 Important Dates
Dates for important events related to NDA 2021 are given below:
|NDA I||NDA II|
|Availability of online application form||30th Dec 2020||9th June 2021|
|Last date for application submission||19th Jan 2021||29th June 2021|
|Availability of admit card||26th March 2021||Available|
|Exam date||18th April 2021|
|Result declaration||30th June 2021||Out|
|Interview date||August 2021 to September 2021||January 2022 to April 2022|
|Commencement of course||January 2022||July 2022|
NDA Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by the NDA 2021 aspirants:
The candidates should either be a:
- Citizen of India, or
- Subject of Bhutan or Nepal, or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Age, Sex and Marital status:
|Category||NDA I||NDA II|
|Age||Born between 2nd July 2002 and 1st July 2005||Born between 2nd January 2003 and 1st January 2006|
- For Army Wing: Candidates who have cleared their class 12th exam or equivalent from a recognized board are eligible to apply.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, and Mathematics subjects from a recognized board is required.
- Candidates who will appear in their 12th board exams in the year 2021 are also eligible to appear in the exam.
The height and weight standards that must be met by the candidates:
For Indian Army/ Air Force
|Height (Cms) Without Shoe||Weight (Kgs)|
|16-17 Years||17-18 Years||18-19 Years|
For Indian Navy
|Height (cms) Without Shoe||Weight (kgs)|
|16 Years||18 Years||20 Years|
NDA Application Form 2021
The application form for NDA 2021 will be released in online mode on the official website of UPSC upsconline.nic.in. Candidates are suggested to make sure of their eligibility criteria before submitting their application form.
- The candidates will have to fill the application form in two parts- part I and part II.
- The application form can be filled by the candidates by providing their basic personal and academic details.
- Contact details of the candidates and choice for exam center will also be asked in the online application.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature need to be uploaded in the application form.
- Application form with complete and correct information can be then submitted along with the application fee.
- A hard copy should be kept with the candidates for future reference. There is no need to send the hard copy to the commission’s office.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/-, except for SC/ ST candidates who are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Candidates can submit the application fee either by depositing cash in any branch of SBI or through debit card/ credit card/ SBI net banking.
The exam pattern overview of NDA 2021 exam is provided as:
- Exam mode: Offline
- Question paper language: Hindi and English both (except for English specific section)
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer one-third of the allotted marks will be deducted. No overall marks will be deducted.
- SSB Test/ Interview marks: 900
|Mathematics||300||2 hours 30 minutes|
|General Ability Test||600 (English- 200 + General Knowledge- 400)||2 hours 30 minutes|
NDA 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for the NDA 2021 exam includes the following topics:
- Mathematics: Matrices & Determinants, Vector Algebra, Trigonometry, Algebra, Analytical Geometry of Two & Three Dimensions, Differential & Integral Calculus, Statistics & Probability and Differential Equations
- English: Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension, Cohesion, workmanlike usage of English, etc
- General Knowledge: Current Events, History, Freedom Movement, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Geography, etc.
- Admit card to appear in the exam can be downloaded from the official website upsconline.gov.in.
- To download the admit card, the candidates will have to provide details such as registration id, date of birth, roll number, father’s name, etc.
- A printout of the admit card must be carried to the exam center or else the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- No admit card will be provided to the candidates by post, courier, etc and will only be available online.
- The admit card is an important document that must be kept safe till the end of the selection process.
- The candidates will be able to check their exam result from the official UPSC website.
- Those who qualify the written test will have to register themselves on the Directorate General of Recruiting website joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Commission will then prepare a list of qualified and registered candidates on the basis of their performance in the exam.
- Interview of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted according to their names in the list.
Interview & Selection
- Shortlisted candidates are required to appear for the interview round as per the given schedule.
- While reporting for the interview, the candidates are required to carry their original certificates for verification.
- The candidates who qualify the interview round as well will then be considered for final selection.
- Final result will be published and the successful candidates will be selected into different academies as per their rank and overall performance.
- Selection of the candidates will be a subject of verification of eligibility and documents and number of vacancies.