Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) will release the JAIIB 2023 application form most probably in the 3rd week of February 2023. JAIIB exam stands for Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers exam. The aim of this exam is to select eligible candidates for the post of Junior Associates. The exam is conducted twice a year in offline mode. Those interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. Before filling the form, aspirants must check the eligibility criteria carefully. The complete details related to the IIBF JAIIB 2023 are provided in this article.
|Name of the examination||Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers (JAIIB)|
|Frequency of the exam||Twice a year (in the month of May and November)|
|Level of exam||National|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Language of questions||English online|
IIBF JAIIB 2023 Schedule
The tentative dates related to the JAIIB 2023 examination are given in the following tables.
For May Session
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration||3rd week of February 2023|
|Last date to register online||Last week of February 2023|
|Last date to submit the form with late fees of Rs. 100/-||1st week of March 2023|
|Final date of application form submission with late fees of Rs. 200/-||3rd week of March 2023|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of May 2023|
|Date of examination||2nd week of May 2023|
|Declaration of result||1st week of June 2023|
For November Session
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration||1st week of September 2023|
|Last date to register online||2nd week of September 2023|
|Last date to submit the form with late fees of Rs. 100/-||Last week of September 2023|
|Final date of application form submission with late fees of Rs. 200/-||1st week of November 2023|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of November 2023|
|Date of examination||3rd week of November 2023|
|Declaration of result||1st week of December 2023|
JAIIB 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for JAIIB 2023 are given in the table below. Aspirants must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Only those candidates are eligible who are already working and a part of the Banking & Finance sector.
- Apart from this, Candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination in any discipline or its equivalent.
- Candidates can be working as a clerk or supervisory staff cadre of the bank sector to appear in the exam. the manager or officer-in-charge recommendation will be accepted for those applicants who are not 12th pass or its equivalent.
- There is no upper or lower age limit.
JAIIB 2023 Application Form
Those eligible and interested candidates wondering how to apply for JAIIB 2023 may check the steps below.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance, IIBF i.e. iibf.org.in.
- On the official website, you need to click on the “Examination/ Course” option available on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Now, a list of various options will appear on your screen. From this list, you need to click on the “Flagship Courses”.
- Choose “JAIIB Exam 2023” option on the new screen that will open.
- Click on the “New Registration” link and provide your basic details like name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Once registered, you may sign in by entering your login credentials.
- Next, you will have to fill your complete details in the application form including educational details, personal details, and contact details.
- Along with the details, you need to upload scanned images of your photograph and signature.
- Apart from this, aspirants have to pay the required application fee.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form submitted and application fee for future reference.
The application fees for JAIIB are explained below.
|Normal JAIIB Application Fee||Rs. 2970/- (Membership Fees Rs. 2700/- + Rs. GST 270/-)|
|JAIIB Application Fee after 1st last date||Rs. 2970/- + Rs. 100/-|
|JAIIB Application Fee after 2nd last date||Rs. 2970/- + Rs. 200/-|
JAIIB Examination Attempt Fee
The JAIIB Examination fee also depends upon the number of attempts.
- 1st Attempt – Rs. 2700/-
- 2nd Attempt – Rs. 1300/-
- 3rd Attempt – Rs. 1300/-
- 4th Attempt – Rs. 1300/-
JAIIB 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for JAIIB examination will release online through the official website.
- To check the result, aspirants will have to provide their registration details.
- The information related to the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is necessary for all candidates to carry their admit cards to the examination centre. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Along with the admit card, candidates need to carry their ID proof at the time of the examination.
JAIIB 2023 Examination Pattern
Candidates preparing for the exam must know the examination pattern explained below.
- Mode of examination – Offline (pen and paper based test)
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions – 360
- Number of papers – 3 (Principles and Practices of Banking, Accounting and Finance for Bankers, and Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking)
- Duration of exam – 6 hours (2 hours for each paper)
- Maximum Marks – 300
- Negative Marking – Not applicable
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Principles and Practices of Banking||120||100||2 hours|
|Accounting and Finance for Bankers||120||100||2 hours|
|Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking||120||100||2 hours|
|Total||360 questions||300 marks||6 hours|
JAIIB 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of the JAIIB 2023 examination is explained below.
- Paper I – Principle and Practices of Banking – Indian Financial SystemModule B- Functions of Banks, Banking Technology, Marketing of Banking Services/ Products, Ethics in Bank & Financial Institutions
- Paper II – Accounting & Finance for Bankers – Business Mathematics and Finance, Principles of Bookkeeping and Accountancy, Final Accounts, Banking Operations
- Paper III – Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking – Regulations and Compliance, Legal Aspects of Banking Operations, Banking Related Laws, Commercials Laws with Reference to Banking Operations
JAIIB 2023 Result and passing Criteria
- The result of JAIIB 2023 will release in online mode through the official website.
- Candidates will be able to check their results by entering their roll number and other registration details.
- The information about the subject-wise and total marks secured by candidates in the test will be mentioned on the result card.
- Aspirants need to score at least 50 marks out of 100 in order to clear the exam.
- Candidates who will score a minimum of 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having completed the Examination.
- All candidates will have to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years it means 4 consecutive attempts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What is minimum mark do I need to score in order to clear the JAIIB 2023 exam?
Answer: Candidates need to score at least 100 marks in each subject to clear the JAIIB exam.
Question – 2: How many papers are there in the JAIIB Examination 2023?
Answer: There are three papers in the exam i.e. Principles and Practices of Banking, Accounting and Finance for Bankers, and Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking.
Question – 3: How many questions are there in the JAIIB Exam 2023?
Answer: There are 120 questions to be asked in each paper. So, a total of 360 questions will be asked in the exam.
Question – 4: Can I submit the JAIIB Examination application form 2023 offline?
Answer: No, the application form will be accepted in online mode only.
Question – 5: What are the books recommended for JAIIB exam preparation?
Answer: You can prepare for this exam from the following books.
- Principles & Practices of Banking by M/s Macmillan India Limited
- Banking ke Sidhanth Avam Vyavahar (for hindi medium students) by M/s Taxmann Publications Private Ltd.
- Accounting & Finance for Bankers by M/s Macmillan India Limited
- Bankeron ke liye Lekhankan Avam Vittya (for hindi medium students) by M/s Taxmann Publications Private Ltd.
- Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking by M/s Macmillan India Limited
- Banking ke Vidhik Paksh (for hindi medium students) by M/s Taxmann Publications Private Ltd.