All the candidates need to understand the examination syllabus of IBPS PO examination before they start their preparation. When aspirants understand the examination pattern, it gives them an edge to their preparation by helping them with their priorities as what should be studied first and what should be studied later. The IBPS PO examination is usually conducted in the month of October/November. The candidates who apply for the examination are issued the admit card to appear in the Common Written Examination (CWE). Below, all the essential details about IBPS PO examination pattern have been provided for all the candidates. Candidates need to make their deep glance on the examination pattern.
IBPS Preliminary Exam Pattern (Tier-I)
- The IBPS PO Examination will be conducted in two parts viz. tier-I and Tier-II.
- Tier-I, the first stage of the examination shall be the Preliminary Examination. The preliminary examination will consist of 100 questions of 100 marks from math, English and reasoning. There will be a sectional timing of 20 minutes for each section (introduced this year).
- The time duration of the examination will be of 1 hour and candidate’s skill and speed will be tested in the preliminary examination. How quick and cognoscente a candidate is.
|Serial Number||Name of the Topics||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|01||English language and Comprehension||30||30|
|Time Duration (1 Hour)||Total Time/Questions/Marks||100 Questions||100 marks|
IBPS Mains Exam Pattern (Tier-II)
Candidates who qualify the first stage that is preliminary examination get admission card to appear in the Main examination.
- The question paper of Main Examination consists of five topics and which candidates are deemed to have excellent command in.
- Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview. Each candidate will be required to gain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview.
- Depending on the number of vacancies available, cutoffs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
|Test Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of the Exam||Time Given|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 min|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 min|
|English Language||35||40||English||40 min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 min|
|In Total||155||200||3 hours|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) 2 25 English 30 minutes||2||25||English||30 min|
Interview / Personality Test (100 Marks)
- Those candidates who have qualified the main examination will be called for the personality test or the interview.
- The Interview/Personality Test will carry a total of 100 marks where the board members will try to find out the banking knowledge and other aspects of candidates’ personality.
- The main purpose of the personality test is to check the General Knowledge and candidates’ ability their academics