IBPS PO 2022 application form has been released now on 2nd August 2022. IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. This is the authority responsible for organizing and managing the common recruitment process of probationary officer/ management trainee posts in the participating organizations. Those candidates who want to apply have to fill and submit the online application form before the last date. It is a two-tier examination to be held in two phases i.e. Online Preliminary and Online Main exam. In this post, we are going to discuss all the necessary details related to the IBPS PS 2022 recruitment process.
Check: IBPS PO 2022 application form is now available from 2nd August 2022.
The exam dates for IBPS PO 2022 prelims and mains exam have been updated now.
IBPS PO 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to the IBPS PO 2022 are as follows.
|Main Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||2nd August 2022|
|Date last for On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||22nd August 2022|
|Last date for the payment of application fee||2nd August to 22nd August 2022|
|Availability of Admit card||September 2022|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||3rd week of September 2022 to last week of September 2022|
|Availability of call letter for the preliminary examination||October 2022|
|Date of online preliminary examination||October 2022|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||October/ November 2022|
|Availability of call letter for online exam – Main||November 2022|
|Online examination – Main||November 2022|
|Declaration of Result – Main||December 2022|
|Publication of call letters for interview||January 2022|
|Conduct of interview||January/ February 2022|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2022|
IBPS PO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Those candidates who are intending to apply for IBPS PO 2022 must make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
The candidate should have any of the following nationality
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or
- Subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India,
- The age of a candidate should not be less than 20 years and more than 30 years. It means the aspirants must have been born not earlier than 02 – August – 1992 and not later than 1st August 2002.
- A relaxation in the upper age limit will be given to the candidates of various categories.
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe: 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer): 3 years
- Persons With Benchmark Disabilities as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016: 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment: 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots: 5 years
- The aspirants should have a recognized bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Those candidates who are going to appear for the final year examination are not eligible. Aspirants must possess a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online
IBPS PO Application Form 2022
The application process of IBPS PO 2022 has been released in online mode at its official website. Those candidates who want to apply need to register on the official website in order to begin the application process.
- At the time of registration, aspirants have to provide their email address and Phone number.
- The login credentials will be sent via Email and SMS to the candidates.
- Then, aspirants may log in and fill the rest of the application form.
- In the application form, candidates will be asked to provide their complete educational, contact, and personal details.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- Apart from the details, it is also necessary to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- It is also necessary for the candidates to upload the left thumb impression and a hand-written declaration in the scanned format.
- All the candidates are also required to pay the necessary application fee along with the application form.
- It is advised to take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future references.
The application fee is different for all the candidates of various categories.
- SC/ ST/ PWBD candidates: Rs. 175/-
- All other candidates: Rs. 850/-
Mode of payments: Aspirants can pay the application fees via using Debit Cards (RuPay/ Visa/ MasterCard/ Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
IBPS PO 2022 Admit Card
- Those candidates who will submit the application form and fees before the last date will be able to download the admit card online.
- In order to download the admit card, aspirants have to provide their registration number and password/ date of birth.
- A hard copy of the admit card/ call letter will not be sent by post/ courier.
- The information about the centre, venue address, date, and time for both Online Preliminary and Online Main examinations and interview shall be intimated in the respective admit card.
- No candidate will be permitted to take the examination without an admit card.
- In addition to the admit card, candidates are also required to carry a photo identity proof and its photocopy at the examination center.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2022
The pattern of IBPS PO 2022 examination is explained below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer-based test)
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of examination: 1 hour (20 minutes for each section)
- Language of questions: English and Hindi
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Time allocated|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of questions: objective type multiple choice questions + Letter & essay writing questions
- Duration of examination: 3 hours and 30 minutes
- Number of questions: 155 (MCQ) + 2 Preliminary Examination
- Maximum Marks: 200
- Marking Scheme: + 1 for a correct answer and -0.25 for an incorrect answer
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Time allocated|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Total||155 questions||200 marks||3 hours|
|English Language (Letter writing and Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
Check below a summarized view of IBPS PO 2022 syllabus:
- Reasoning: Logical Reasoning, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/ Direction/ Alphabet Test, Data Sufficiency, Coded Inequalities, Seating Arrangement, Puzzle, Tabulation, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Input Output, and Coding Decoding
- Quantitative Aptitude: Simplification, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Alligations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices, Work & Time, Time & Distance, Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Data Interpretation, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Number Systems, Sequence & Series, Permutation, Combination & Probability.
- English Language: Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Para jumbles, Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting, Fill in the blanks, Miscellaneous, Paragraph Completion
IBPS PO 2022 Result
- The result of both preliminary and main examination will release in online mode only separately.
- In order to check the result, aspirants have to provide their roll numbers and other registration details.
- Those candidates who will clear both the papers have to visit the invited to participate in the interview.
- The interview will be of 100 marks and the final merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the online main exam and interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What documents do I need to carry while appearing for the interview?
Answer: The following documents will be required at the time of the interview.
- Printout of the valid Interview Call Letter
- Valid system generated printout of the online application form registered for CRP- PO/ MT-XII
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Municipal Authorities or SSLC/ Std. X Certificate with DOB)
- Photo Identify Proof
- Mark-sheets or certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format
- Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the Authorities as notified by the Government of India in the prescribed format (EWS candidates)
- Disability certificate in the prescribed format
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of interview
- Experience certificates, if any
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility
Question – 2: Do I have to submit the hard copy of the application form submitted online?
Answer: No, there is no need to submit the hard copy of the application form submitted in online mode.
Question – 3: Which bank will participate in the IBPS PO 2022 examination?
Answer: As per the previous year’s data the following banks are expected to participate in the IBPS PO examination.
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Indian Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
Question – 4: I am an engineering graduate (B.Tech/ B.E) can I apply for the IBPS PO 2022?
Answer: Yes, engineering graduates are eligible to apply for the IBPS PO examination.
Question – 5: Will there be sectional cut-offs in the IBPS PO preliminary examination 2022?
Answer: Yes, there are sectional cutoffs in the IBPS PO Preliminary examination.