Every year the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts a recruitment exam for appointment to the post of a Probationary officer and management trainees in various scheduled banks of India participating under IBPS. Candidates need to apply for the IBPS PO 2020 only through the online mode. The application form will be made available to the candidates on the official website of the IBPS.
The exam will be organized in two phases-preliminary exam, and main exam followed by the interview. It is mandatory for the candidates to clear all these stages for the final selection. Only those candidates can appear for main exam who will qualify the pre-exam as per the minimum cutoff score decided by IBPS. For more details on the IBPS PO 2020 examination, go through the complete article.
Important Dates for IBPS PO 2020
Candidates can note down the tentative IBPS PO 2020 exam dates for their reference-
|Beginning of online registration||3rd week of August 2019|
|Last date to register for the exam||1st week of September 2019|
|Hall tickets downloading||1st week of October 2019|
|Preliminary exam (Pre-exam) date||2nd week October 2019 to 3rd week of October 2019|
|Result declaration||October 2019/November 2019|
|Hall ticket downloading for Main exam||2nd week of November 2019|
|Main exam date||3rd week of November 2019|
|Result announcement||December 2019|
|Call letter downloading for Interview||January 2020|
|Interview date||January/February 2020|
|Provisional allotment||April 2020|
Note: The confirmed schedule will be updated once the authority announces the same on its official website.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of IBPS PO exam is provided below-
- Exam mode: Online (CBT based)
- Exam duration: 1 hour for pre-exam and 3 Hour 30 minutes for main exam.
- Exam language: English and Hindi
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQs)
- Negative Marking: for each wrong answer, one–fourth marks will be deducted.
The syllabus for pre-exam includes the subjects such as English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability. For main exam, the subjects to be studied by the candidate to crack the exam are-reasoning and computer aptitude, general awareness, English language, data interpretation and analysis, and letter and essay writing. Here are few of the topics to be studied under each subject-
Reasoning: Direction sense, blood relation, puzzle, syllogism, sitting arrangement, analogy, classification, series, odd-one out, etc.
English language: Vocabulary, grammar, antonym, synonym, sentence rearrangement, fill in the blanks, cloze test, comprehension etc.
Quantitative aptitude: Simplification, average, time and work, speed, distance and time, boats and streams, data interpretation, percentage, approximation etc.
Preparation Tips for IBPS PO 2020
Candidates can take a look at the useful preparation tips for cracking IBPS PO exam-
- Go through the syllabus for the exam before starting the exam preparation.
- Practice quantitative aptitude and reasoning every day.
- Keep a separate notebook for writing mathematical shortcuts and formulas.
- Focus on vocabulary building by reading an English magazine or watching English news.
- Solve previous year papers for practice. You can also buy a test series for the exam as per your convenience.
- The data interpretation part should be given more focus as it is the most scoring part of the exam apart from English.
Here are some of the notable reference books for IBPS PO exam preparation-
- Reasoning: Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning by R.S Aggarwal, reasoning by magical book series.
- Quantitative aptitude: Objective mathematics by Arihant publication, quantitative aptitude by R.S Aggarwal, quicker maths by M.Tyra.
- English language: Book by Kiran publication, objective general English by S.P Bakshi, word power made easy by Norman Lewis.
IBPS PO 2020 Application Form
Before proceeding for the application form, candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions set by IBPS. They are also required to keep the scanned photograph and signature handy. The application form for the IBPS PO exam will be available on the official website. Candidates need to register for the exam first by providing basic registration details such as name, dob, gender, mobile number, email id etc. After successful registration, they will get the unique application number on their registered email id and phone number.
The same details should be used for filling of the online application form. The form must be filled with extreme care. Candidates should cross-check the details mentioned in the application form before the final submission of the same. They must pay the required application fee for the exam otherwise their applications will be considered invalid.
Candidates from SC/ST/PWD categories must pay Rs. 100/- as the application fee whereas others need to pay Rs. 600/- as the necessary fee for the exam. The stated fee can be paid only through the online mode i.e. by using credit card/debit card/net banking/mobile wallets/cash cards and IMPS.
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO 2020
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria specified by the authority in order to appear in the exam. Here are the eligibility conditions that must be met by the aspirants-
A candidate must be either be-
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin permanently settled in India and has migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
Age Criteria: The age of the candidates should lie between 20 years and 30 years. However, those from the reserved category can claim age relaxation.
Educational Qualification: A candidate must have done graduation in any discipline or its equivalent from a recognized university.
IBPS PO 2020 Admit Card
The admit card can be obtained from the official website of the IBPS. Candidates should download the call letter and take the printout of the same for future reference. The hall ticket must be brought to the exam center or else the candidates won’t be allowed to appear in the exam. The call letter for pre-exam and main exam will be released separately. Only those candidates can download the call letter for main exam who have cleared the pre-exam.
Result and Selection
Candidates can check the result of the IBPS PO 2020 examination from the official website. The result for pre-exam, main exam and interview will be declared separately. Only those candidates will be selected finally who have qualified all the stages of the exam. After the announcement of the result, selected candidates will undergo document verification and will be allotted a provisional allotment letter to serve as a PO in a designated branch of any of the scheduled bank participating in IBPS.