IBPS Clerk 2019 is one of the most awaited examinations in the country. Every year several candidates apply for this exam in order to get recruitment in the participating public sector banks. IBPS will be releasing the online applications for the clerical examination in September 2019. The IBPS Clerk 2019 exam will be held in two stages- preliminary and mains. Candidates qualifying in both these exams will be accordingly selected for the post. The candidates interested in making a career in the banking sector can appear for this exam. To know more details of the IBPS Clerk 2019 exam, continue reading this article.
Latest: IBPS Clerk 2019 prelims and mains exam dates released. The prelims exam will be conducted on 7th, 8th, 14th and 15th December 2019 and mains exam will be conducted on 19th January 2020.
|Allahabad Bank||Andhra Bank||Bank of Baroda|
|Bank of India||Bank of Maharashtra||Canara Bank|
|Central Bank of India||Corporation Bank||Dena Bank|
|Indian Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Punjab National Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|UCO Bank||Union Bank of India||United Bank of India|
IBPS CLERK 2019 Important Dates
|Online registration including Edit / Modification of Application||2nd week September 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||October 2018, 1st week|
|Payment of application fee||2nd week September 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||1st week of October 2018|
|Issue of call letter for pre-exam training*||November 2018|
|Conduct of pre-exam training||2nd week of November 2018|
|Availability of admit card for Preliminary exam||November 2018|
|Preliminary exam date||7th, 8th, 14th and 15th December 2019|
|Declaration of result of preliminary exam||December 2018|
|Availability of admit card of Main exam||January 2019|
|Main exam date||19th January 2020|
|Declaration of result of Main exam||To be notified|
|Provisional allotment||April 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS CLERK 2019
The basic details of IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria are as follows:
- A candidate must be either a Citizen of India/ Subject of Nepal/ Subject of Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- The applicants other than the citizens of India must hold a certificate of eligibility issued by the government of India.
The age of the applicants should be in between 20 to 28 years.
A relaxation in upper age limit will be provided to reserved category candidates as per the following rule:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years|
8 years for SC/ ST Disabled Ex-Servicemen upto maximum 50 years of age
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who are not remarried||9 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
IBPS CLERK 2019 Application Form
The online application form for IBPS Clerk 2019 will be made available on the official website www.ibps.in. The candidates will have to register themselves by providing basic information on the online application form. After registering successfully, provisional registration number and password will be generated and the same will also be sent on candidate’s registered email id and mobile number. Using these login credentials, the applicants can reopen the save data and fill the rest of the application form. The applicants also need to upload the scanned images of their photograph & signature as per the specified format.
The marks obtained in the qualifying exam are also required in the application form. The marks obtained in all the subjects in all the semesters of graduation, irrespective of honors/optional/additional subjects, calculated upto two decimal points should be entered. You can click on ‘save and next’ to verify the details and then click on ‘final submit’ button to submit the form. Once the form is submitted finally, no change or modification is allowed.
Specification for documents to be uploaded
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG||200 x 230 pixels||20 kb – 50 kb|
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG||140 x 60 pixels||10 kb – 20 kb|
The application fee payment can be done through online mode via debit card/ credit card/ net banking/ IMPS/ Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets. The fee-structure for candidates belonging to different category is mentioned below:
|For SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|For all others||Rs. 600 /-|
After successful payment of fees, an e-receipt will be generated. The applicants should take a printout of the application form and e-receipt for future reference.
- The IBPS Clerk 2019 exam will be held at many centers located all over the country.
- IBPS reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres and can allot the candidate any centre other than the one he/ she has opted for.
- No request for change in the allotted exam centre will be considered.
IBPS CLERK 2019 Examination Pattern
- The IBPS Clerk 2019 preliminary exam will be conducted online.
- There will be 3 sections in the questions paper namely- English Language, Numerical Ability & Reasoning Ability.
- The paper will be available in both English and Hindi language, except for English Language questions.
- The duration of the examination will be 1 hour.
- There will be total 100 questions of MCQ type and the total marks will also be 100.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- There will be 4 sections in the questions paper namely- General English, General/ Financial Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability & Computer Knowledge.
- The duration of the examination will be 160 minutes and it will be held online.
- Except for questions of General English, the paper will be available in both English and Hindi language.
- There will be total of 190 questions asked in the IBPS Clerk 2019 exam paper and the total marks will be 200.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks allotted||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
The applicants can download their admit cards/ call letters of the IBPS Clerk 2019 preliminary and main exam from the official website of IBPS few week prior to the examination. The eligible applicants who have successfully submitted their online application will be able to download the call letter by providing their Registration Number and Password/ Date of Birth. The admit card needs to be brought to the examination centre, otherwise the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. No hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout etc. will be sent by post/ courier. Although, intimations about the release of admit card will be sent on the registered mail and mobile number.
Note: There will be an additional call letter for Scribe for the Main Examination.
Here is the basic details about IBPS Clerk syllabus:
The written test of IBPS Clerk pre exam will include the 3 major sections i.e. Reasoning, English Language and Numerical Ability. The syllabus for Numerical Ability, Reasoning, and English Language is same for preliminary and mains exam. Besides these, Mains exam comprises of two other subjects i.e. General Awareness and Computer Knowledge. Candidates can check the IBPS Syllabus 2019 in detail below:
Reading Comprehension, Fillers, Cloze Test, Sentence Improvement, Spotting Errors, Fill in the Blanks
Simplification/ Approximation, Quadratic Equations, Number Series, Data Interpretation, Miscellaneous, Data Sufficiency
Inequality, Puzzle and Arrangements, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Order and Ranking, Direction Sense
Introduction to Computer Organization, History and Generation of Computers, Computer Languages, Basics of DBMS, Operating System, Internet, Computer Hardware and I/O Devices, Computer Memory, Computer Software, Computer Network & Security, Number System and Conversions, MS Office Suit and Shortcut keys
Financial Awareness, Banking and Insurance Awareness, Govt. Schemes and Policies, Static Awareness, Current Affairs
Bank Clerk Exams Previous Years Solved Papers 2009-2016
IBPS CLERK 2019 Result and Cut-Off
The result for IBPS CLERK 2019 preliminary & main exam will be released in the official website of IBPS. The final merit list of the applicants for the post of Clerk will be prepared on the basis of their performance in the main exam.
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of online main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered for further process. Depending on number of the State/ Union Territory wise vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be considered for provisional allotment. The scores obtained in the online main examination will not be shared with the candidates before the completion of provisional allotment process.
In the event of two or more candidates having obtained the same score, the candidate older in age will be provided the higher merit.
For provisional allotment, the candidates should qualify the main exam and be sufficiently high in the merit to be considered for subsequent process. As per the requirements of the participating organizations and based on the merit-cum-preference, each selected candidates will be allotted provisionally to any of the participating organizations. No request for change in the allotted organization will be entertained. When reporting to the joining organization, the applicants must carry the following documents:
- Valid printout of online application form
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate/Std. X Certificate)
- Photo Identify Proof
- Mark-sheets or certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Disability certificate (Persons with Benchmark Disability)
- Copy of the Service or Discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last/presently held (Ex-serviceman candidate)
- “No Objection Certificate” from the employer (Candidates serving in Government/quasi government offices/Public Sector Undertakings)
- Domicile certificate if eligible for age relaxation (J&K candidates)
- Experience certificates, if any
- Certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India for the candidates who are not India citizen (point (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) of Eligibility Criteria)
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility
IBPS Clerk 2019 Preparation
Candidates should prepare for the IBPS Clerk exam wisely keeping in mind the exam structure and the syllabus of the exam. As we know the syllabus covers a wide range of topics, so it is mandatory for the candidates to choose the right set of books and study materials to prepare for their examination. We suggest candidates go through previous years’ IBPS Clerk question papers to get familiarize with the changes in exam pattern and to understand the scheme of questions in each section. Below, we are listing some good books for the preparation of IBPS Clerk 2019:
List of most recommended books to prepare for IBPS Clerk 2019
- Data Interpretation and sufficiency by Kiran Publications
- Objective arithmetic by S.L. Gulati
- Numerical Aptitude for Banking by Dilhan Publications
- Non-Verbal Reasoning by Prabhat Javed
- Analytical Reasoning by A.K. Pandey
- English for competitive exams by Harimohan Prasad
- English for competitive exams by A.K. Kapoor
- Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal