IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2022: The syllabus of any examination is the most important part of preparation which candidates should start their study with. Without understanding the syllabus of examination no aspirant can have certainty of his selection.
Candidates who aspire to appear for the IBPS clerical Examination are advised to have a deep look on the IBPS examination syllabus. Since candidates have already knew about the pattern of the IBPS clerical examination, they need to take one more step before they proceed further with their preparation, they should study the syllabus as well.
Candidates might be planning to apply for IBPS Clerical examination 2022; here, we are providing all the significant topics of IBPS Clerical Examination Syllabus 2022 which will be asked in the examination.
How understandings of syllabus strengthen the preparation?
Candidates generally ignore the importance of syllabus of the examination which they wish to apply for. They study the previous year’s question papers and start their preparation.
If candidates want to give an edge to their preparation they should study the syllabus as it will point out the topics which of these a candidate is strong and which of these candidate is weak.
After finding the strong and weak zones of his knowledge, candidates will be able to manage their preparation as which topics he can easily cope with and which topics he need to work hard on.
Syllabus for IBPS Clerical Examination for the year 2022 has been provided in detail. All the aspiring candidates are suggested to have a deep glance on it before they seriously outset their preparation.
Essential topics and details of the IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2022
As the examination pattern mentions that the IBPS clerical examination will be commenced in two parts viz. Preliminary Examination and Main Examination. Therefore all the candidates have been provided here the detailed syllabus of both the stages of the clerical examination below.
Syllabus for the Preliminary Examination
There will be 100 questions in the preliminary examination of 1 mark each and question which will be asked in the examination will be from the English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning.
Direct application link online
Syllabus for Main Examination
As per the pattern of the examination, there will be 200 questions of 200 marks in the main examination. The topics which questions will be asked from in the main examination are as the English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Awareness, and Computer Awareness.
What topics all the subjects mentioned above will be comprised of?
Topics of English Language and Comprehension
- Basic knowledge of English is tested in almost all examinations these days. Candidates are expected to have the general understanding of English language.
- Syllabus of English language includes the questions from vocabulary section i.e. synonyms, antonyms, homonyms and word formation.
- There will be questions from English grammar portion as well and candidates will be given questions to solve them from active-passive voice, direct-indirect narration.
- Candidate should have knowledge about the general usage of phrases idioms and proverbs.
- Candidate’s skill will be tested in English comprehension through sentence completion, passage completion, finding theme of the passage, Rearrangement of the passage.
Topics of Reasoning
- Questions on reasoning are asked in most of the examination to check candidate’ logical mental ability.
- Candidates might have excellent learning abilities but do they have problem-solving abilities with their brain and IQ? This is what tested through the reasoning test.
- In the reasoning test, questions will be from verbal and non-verbal reasoning, questions on judgments, coding and decoding, questions on number series, data sufficiency, blood relation, sitting arrangements, Venn diagram, Alpha Numeric sequence etc.
Topics of Quantitative Aptitude / Mathematics
- The test of quantitative Aptitude will comprise of arithmetic calculations and data interpretation.
- The test has been designed to check candidate’s ability of calculation and computation with numbers with maximum accuracy and most possible speed.
- The data interpretation will include the questions of graphs, charts and tables. Candidates need to understand the graph, table or chart within a bit of time and then they will be asked to give the answers of the respective questions.
Topics of General Awareness
- General awareness which everyone needs to have even in their life because if there is anyone who is not trying to know about his surrounding and neither trying to take care about, is in fact a useless person.
- The Specialist Officers are not useless fellows because they have responsibilities so aspirants need to have the knowledge of their surrounding i.e. issues of national and international significance, information of History, Geography and Polity of their state and nation.
- They must have the knowledge of economic affairs, government schemes, general science and its applications which has daily impact on human life.
Topics of Computer Awareness
Knowledge of operating systems, input and output devices, Microsoft Office Applications as ‘word’, ‘excel’, ‘power point’, ‘access’ etc., memory, internet are such topics which an aspirant is expected to have for the clerical post.
Candidates will be informed about the latest updates of the IBPS Clerical examination 2022 and candidates will be updated with the new information if there is any change or modification in the IBPS clerk.