IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019: Before candidates make their choice to apply for IBPS Clerical Examination 2019 for the posts of clerks and cashiers in different banks and financial institutions, they must ensure whether they complete all the conditions of IBPS Clerical Examination Eligibility Criteria 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Clerk
Nationality / Citizenship of the Candidates
A candidate willing to apply for the post of Probationary Officers’ Examination-
(I) must be a citizen of India
(ii) must be a subject of Nepal or
(iii) must be a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 to be settled permanently in India (v) a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Age Limitation to appear in the IBPS Clerical Examination
- Candidates who want to apply for the IBPS clerical examination should be 20 to 28 years old as on 1st August, 2018.
- They should not have born earlier than 02/08/1989 and not later than 01/08/1997.
*Note- Both dates are inclusive while calculating the age.
Details about the Age Relaxation
Candidates of the reserved category will be provided the legitimate relaxation in their age. The description about the age relaxation have been provided below for the categories identified by IBPS-
- Candidates who belong to the category of ‘Scheduled Caste’ and ‘Scheduled Tribe’ will be provided relaxation of five years.
- The candidates of Other Backward Class (OBC) will have the relaxation in their age of maximum up to 3 years.
- Persons having disabilities will get maximum age relaxation of all which will be 10 years.
- Widows, divorced women and women who have been separated legally from their husbands and who have not remarried will be provided a relaxation of 9 years in their upper age.
- Persons who got affected by the riots of 1984 will get the relaxation in the age of 5 years.
- Retrenched employees of Union Carbide Factory, Madhya Pradesh will get a maximum 5 years of age relaxation.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
- IBPS asks for proficiency in the official language of the state or Union Territory for which candidate wishes to apply for.
- Computer Literacy
- Candidates who aspire to be a clerk or cashier in a bank through IBPS must have operating and working knowledge in computer system.
- Candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
If you have such qualifications and if the IBPS Clerical Examination Eligibility Criteria do not bound or check you from applying for the IBPS Clerical Examination; you have all liberty to apply for the clerical Examination, 2018.