The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara will release the official notification regarding the 14th Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET 2019). This exam is conducted to determine the merit of aspiring professors in the state of Gujarat. The application form for GSET 2019 will be released in the month of April 2019 and exam will be held in 11 centers across Gujarat.
Candidates looking to appear in this exam can check all the necessary details like application form, notifications, admit card, result etc. through this article.
GSET 2019 Important Dates
|Important Event||Tentative dates|
|Starting of Application form Submission||2nd week of April 2019|
|Last date to submit Application form||3rd week of May 2019|
|Starting of Application fee submission||2nd week of April 2019|
|Last day to submit Application fee||3rd week of May 2019|
|Availability of GSET 2019 Hall Ticket||1 week prior to the exam|
|Date of Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2019||Last week of September 2019|
|Declaration of Result||November 2019|
GSET 2019 Application form
- Candidates looking to apply for this exam have to register themselves online on the GSET Website.
- No offline mode of application form submission will be available.
- First of all, candidates have to visit the SBI website and Pay the application fee.
- Then on the next working day, applicants will be required to fill all the personal and educational details in the application form.
- After filling the details in the application form, Candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature.
- The application fee for GSET 2019 exam will be Rs. 800/- ( Rs. 700/- for SC/ST/PH/VH and Transgender candidates)
GSET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Check out below the eligibility requirements for GSET exam 2019:
- Candidates having Master’s Degree in Science, Humanities, Social Science, Computer science or equivalent with at least 55% of marks are eligible to apply for this exam.
- The candidates from SC/ST/PWD/SEBC/VH or Transgender categories will require only 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Applicants are going to appear for the final year of qualifying degree exam can also apply. But they have to complete their masters degree within 2 years of the declaration of GSET 2019 result with the required percentage otherwise they will be disqualified.
- The PH.D. Holders having Master’s degree completed by September 19, 1992 will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying exam.
GSET 2019 Exam Pattern
The GSET 2019 exam will be held in two different sessions as shown in the table below:
|Paper||Number of questions||Marks|
|Paper I||50 questions, all Questions will be compulsory||100|
|Paper II||100 questions all Questions will be compulsory||200|
- Only objective type of questions will be asked in both paper 1 and paper 2.
- Paper 1 will be consisting of questions from the reasoning ability, divergent thinking, comprehension, and general awareness etc.
- Paper 2 will have questions from the subject selected by the candidates at the time of filling the application form.
- There will be no provision of negative marking and re-evaluations of Papers.
GSET 2019 Syllabus
The Syllabus of GSET 2019 is similar to the syllabus of UGC NET or CSIR NET. Candidates can download the subject wise syllabus from www.gujaratset.ac.in.
There will be 23 Subjects available in this exam. The candidates have to select a particular subject while filling the application form.
|Geography||Physical Education||Home Science||Computer Science and Applications|
|History||Sociology||Mathematical Science||Physical Science|
|Sanskrit||Gujarati||Chemical Science||Life Science|
|Hindi||Library and Information Sciences||Political Science|
GSET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website of the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara. It is expected that the authorities will issue the admit card, 1 week prior to the date of the exam. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
GSET Result 2019
In order to get selected, the candidates have to be in Top 15% of the total no. of candidates appeared in both the papers. The result will be declared within a few weeks after the exam. There will be no provision for re-evaluations of papers.