The ECGC PO 2024 Recruitment is an exciting opportunity for those interested in a career in the banking and finance sector. ECGC or Export Credit Guarantee Corporation is a government-owned company that provides credit insurance to exporters in India. Aspirants who are looking for a chance to join ECGC can apply for the position and take their first step towards a promising career.
The authorities are expected to release the notification soon for the recruitment process. This job offers a great opportunity for young graduates interested in the banking sector. With attractive salary packages and job security, ECGC PO Recruitment is bound to attract a large pool of applicants.
ECGC PO 2024 Recruitment – Overview
|Name of the organization||Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC)|
|Examination Name||ECGC PO 2024|
|Name of the post||Probationary Officers|
|Recruitment Basis||Direct Recruitment|
|Selection Process||Online Examination Interview|
|Salary||Rs. 16 Lakh CTC|
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration including modification/ editing of applications by candidates||1st week of May 2024|
|Last date to register online||Last week of May 2024|
|Last date to pay the application fee||Last week of May 2024|
|Availability of the admit card for the Pre-Examination Training for SC/ ST candidates||1st week of June 2024 onwards|
|Pre-Examination Training for SC/ST candidates||3rd week of June 2024|
|Downloading admit card for online written examination||2nd week of June 2024 onwards|
|Date of the written exam||3rd week of July 2024|
|Declaration of the result||August 2024|
|Interview||August/ September 2024|
ECGC PO Eligibility Criteria 2024
The eligibility criteria for ECGC PO 2024 are as follows.
Candidates of the following nationalities are allowed to apply.
- Citizens of India
- Subjects of Nepal
- Subjects of Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugees who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Indian Origin person who migrated from Burma, Uganda, Zambia, The United Republic of Tanzania (formerly
- Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Ethiopia, Zaire, and Vietnam.
- Minimum Age – 21 Years.
- Maximum Age – 30 Years
- Relaxation in the upper age limit for candidates from the following categories.
|SC/ ST candidates||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment||5 years|
The educational qualification requirements for the post of ECGC PO are as follows.
|Discipline||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|Accounts (CA)||An Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (CA), Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)|
|Legal||LLB from a recognized Indian University/Institution|
|Company Secretary||CS qualified with ACS membership of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)|
|Actuary||Aspirants should be student members of the Institute of Actuaries of India. They must also have cleared a minimum of 3 papers including CM1, CS1, and CS2 or equivalent.|
|IT||BE or B.Tech in Information Technology/ Computer Science or MCA with certificate course on Cyber Security of the duration of at least 6 months|
|IT/ CISO||B.Tech or BE in Information Technology/ Computer Science / Computer engineering/ Electronics & Instrumentation & ME/ MTech/ MS in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Information Security/ Cyber Security Preference would be given to those who have core specialization in Cyber Security at PG level or certifications of CISSP/ CISM/ CompTIA CySA+/ GSEC/ OSCP|
|Country Underwriting/ Research||Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from a recognized University.|
|Rajbhasha/ Hindi||Master’s degree in Hindi /Hindi Translation, with English as core/Elective/Major subject at the Bachelor’s Degree level with at least 60% marks from a recognized university (55% for SC/ ST) Or Master’s degree in English with Hindi as core/elective/major subject at the bachelor’s degree level with at least 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or Master’s degree in both English and Hindi/ Hindi translation with at least 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or Master’s degree in any discipline with English and Hindi as core/elective/major subjects at the bachelor’s degree level with at least 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST).|
|Data Science||Master’s Degree in Data Science|
Here is a step-by-step guide to fill and submit the ECGC PO application form:
- Visit the official website of ECGC i.e. www.ecgc.in
- Click on the “Career” tab on the homepage.
- Scroll down, and you will find the ECGC PO Recruitment 2024 notification. Click on it.
- If you fulfil the eligibility criteria, click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Register yourself by providing the required details such as name, email, phone number, etc.
- After successful registration, you will receive a registration ID and password on your registered email and mobile number.
- Log in using your registration ID and password.
- Fill in all the required details in the ECGC PO application form, such as personal details, educational details, work experience, etc.
- Upload the scanned copy of your passport-sized photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression.
- Preview the application form and make sure all the details provided are correct.
- Pay the application fee using the online payment gateway.
- Click on the “Submit” button after successful payment.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form and the payment receipt for future reference.
The application fees are different for candidates from various categories as given in the following table.
|SC/ ST/ PWBD||Rs. 175/-|
Mode of payment – Candidates can pay the application fee online using Credit Cards, Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets, IMPS, and Internet Banking. Etc.
- The ECGC PO Admit Card will be released a few weeks before the exam.
- Candidates can download the ECGC PO Admit Card from the official website of ECGC.
- Aspirants will need to enter their registration number and password to access the admit card.
- The admit card contains important details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre, and exam timings.
- Candidates must bring admit card with the Photocopy of the Photo ID stapled with it.
- Mode of examination – Online
- Type of questions – Both Objective Type and Descriptive Questions will be asked.
- Number of questions – 200 Questions
- Duration of the exam – 2 hours and 20 minutes
- Maximum Marks – 200 Marks
- Language of questions – English
- Examination Centres – Bangalore, Chennai, Guwahati, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi.
Objective Test – MCQs
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||20 minutes|
|General Awareness||30||30||10 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||40 minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||50||50||40 minutes|
Descriptive Paper (Test of English Language)
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Essay Writing||One out of two given options||20||40 minutes for both questions together|
|Precis Writing||One out of two given options||20|
The subject-wise syllabus for the ECGC PO Recruitment Exam 2024 is given below.
- Reasoning Ability – Coding-Decoding, Puzzle, Inequality, Seating Arrangement, Logical Reasoning, syllogism, Data Sufficiency, Input-output, Miscellaneous.
- Computer – Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Software & Hardware, Computer Fundamentals, History of Computers, Networking & Internet, Computer Networks, Workplace Productivity Tools, Data Structures, File Extensions, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Quadratic Equations, Number Series, Simple & Compound Interest, Arithmetic Topics, Comparison Between Quantities, Simplification/Approximation, Data Interpretation
- English Language – Sentence Improvement, Sentence Connector, Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, Match The Column, Sentence Formation, Double Fillers, Spotting Errors, Para Jumbles, Phrase Replacement.
- General Awareness – News Related to export credit guarantee, Latest Appointments, Obituaries, Award Functions, History of ECGC, Static G.K., Working & Functions of ECGC, etc.
- The ECGC PO result is usually declared a few days after the exam is conducted.
- Candidates who have appeared for the exam can check their results on the official website of ECGC.
- Candidates should note that the ECGC PO result will contain the candidate’s score, rank, and qualifying status.
- Aspirants who have qualified in the exam will be eligible to appear for the next round of selection i.e. Interview.
- Those who will clear the online written test will be invited for an interview.
- A separate call letter will be released to invite candidates for the interview process.
- The total marks allotted for the interview are 60.
- The minimum qualifying mark in interview is 40% (35% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWBD candidates)
The following documents are required at the time of the interview.
- Valid Interview Call Letter
- Printout of the online application form registered for the Online Examination
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate issued by the competent Municipal Authorities or SSLC/Std. X Certificate with DOB)
- Identity Proof
- Caste Certificate in the case of SC/ST/OBC category candidates
- Marks-sheets & certificate for Graduation or qualifying degree examination.
- Income and Asset Certificate for EWS Category candidates.
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Experience certificate, if any
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility
Number of Vacancies
The authorities will release the number of vacancies only at the time of the release of the official notification. Till then, you may check the number of vacancies as per last year’s notification.
|Number of Vacancies||02||02||05||02||06||17|
ECGC PO Job Description
Here are some potential duties for an ECGC PO.
- Understand the export credit market and provide support to exporters, banks, and financial institutions
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify potential business opportunities for the company
- Process and approve export credit guarantee requests, ensuring that they comply with company policies and procedures
- Follow up on outstanding export credit guarantee claims and ensure timely resolution
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments, and identify potential risks to the company
Frequently Asked Questions
Rs. 16 lakh CTC
No, authorities will not send hard copies of call letters/ information handouts etc. by post/ courier.