CTET 2023: Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) is conducted annually by the CBSE to access the eligibility of the candidates for appointment as a teacher in government schools. However, those who qualify the test can apply for the post of a teacher through the scores obtained in CTET 2023 exam. To apply for the test, candidates need to fill the online application form. The authority will release the form in January 2023.
Before heading to the form, candidates should make sure that fulfill the necessary requirements laid down by the board to appear in the exam.
CTET 2023 Overview
Central Teachers Eligibility Test
Recruitment of teachers in in government schools
Mode of application
CTET 2023 Important Dates
We have provided the official schedule for CTET July Exam:
|Activities||July 2023||September 2023|
|Online application to be accessible from||Jan 2023||June 2023, 4th week|
|Form submission deadline||March 2023||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Application fee payment date||March 2023||July 2023, 4th week|
|Correction window for errors in the application form||March 2023||July 2023, 4th week|
|Admit card to be available||April 2023||August 2023, 3rd week|
|Date of examination||July 2023||September 2023, 3rd week|
|Result to be announced||August 2023||October 2023|
CTET Eligibility Criteria 2023
The CTET Eligibility Criteria as defined by the authority is as follows-
For primary stage (Classes I-V)
- Candidates should have passed class 12th with minimum 50% aggregate marks and have passed or appearing in final year of 2 year diploma in elementary education.
- Candidates should have passed class 12th with at least 45% marks and have passed or appearing in 2 years diploma in elementary education from NCTE recognized institute.
- Passed senior secondary exam with at least 50% marks and have completed or appearing in the final year of 4 year B.El.Ed course.
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Candidates should have completed graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
For elementary stage (Classes VI-VIII)
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
CTET 2023 Application Form
Candidates need to visit the official website of CTET 2023 to fill the online application form for the exam. Before that they should keep their documents ready along with the scanned photograph and signature in proper format. They first need to register themselves for the exam using their valid email id and phone number. Once completing the registration, candidates need to note down the registration number/application number. They then are required to login into their account to fill the form using the credentials asked in the login window.
Application form will bear the key details of the candidates such as name, father’s name, DOB, category, religion, gender, education details etc. Candidates will also be provided with a correction window to make necessary changes in their application form. The form should be filled on or before the deadline specified by the authority otherwise it will end up getting rejected. Candidates must also pay the required application fee for the test.
|General/OBC||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 1200/-|
|SC/ST/Differentially abled person||Rs. 350/-||Rs. 600/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the required fee via online mode (credit card, and debit card) or through E-Challan of Syndicate bank or Canara bank.
Candidates need to provide three options in order of their preference. Though the authority takes its best to allot a test centre (among 3 options selected by candidates), still they reserve its rights to allot a different test centre under unavoidable circumstances. The centre once allotted won’t get changed under any circumstances. If the number of candidates at a specific test centre is less the authority may not conduct the test over there.
Best Recommended Books
Here are some of the chief reference books for CTET Exam that will help the candidates score better marks in the test.
- CTET previous 10 years paper by Arihant publication.
- Study guide for CTET by Arihant publication.
- CTET book by Disha publication.
- Child development and pedagogy by Disha publication.
- English language by Geeta Sahni.
CTET Exam Pattern 2023
CTET 2023 exam pattern for both papers is given below:
- Duration of exam: 2:30 hours
- Question paper language: 20 different languages
- Type of questions: MCQ
- Number of questions: 150
- Total marks: 150
- Marking scheme: +1 mark for each right answer and no negative marking.
Paper 1: For class 1 to 5
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
Paper 2: For class 6 to 8
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher) OR
Social Studies/ Social Science (for Social Studies/ Social Science teacher)
Procedure Need to Be Followed During Test
- The test hall/room will be opened 90 minutes prior of commencement of test. Candidates are suggested to take their seat immediately after opening of the examination hall. If a candidate couldn’t repot on time due to any reasons like train/bus delay, traffic jam etc. then they are going to miss some of the general instructed to be elaborated inside the examination hall.
- Candidates need to produce their admit card inside the examination hall. If you do not produce your admit card as asked by the invigilator then you’ll be restricted taking the exam.
- Candidates need to occupy their respective seats following the roll number. If a candidate change his/her seat then the candidature of that particular candidate gets cancelled.
- Candidates who reach the exam centre after commencement of exam they won’t be permitted to take the exam. Hence, they should reach the examination centre before 90 minutes of the examination.
Items not permitted in the exam hall
- Any stationery item such as printed or written textual material, Plastic Pouch, papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Calculator, Writing Pad, Scale, Pen drives, Calculator, Eraser, Log Table, Cardboard, Electronic Pen/scanner etc.
- Any communication device such as Mobile phones, Earphones, Bluetooth, Microphone, Health band, Pager etc.
- Any Camera, Watch/Wrist watch, wallet, handbags, goggles etc.
- Any other devices that can be used for any unfair means such as hiding gadgets/communication devices such as Bluetooth, camera etc.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave their seat or exam hall without getting special permission from the Centre Superintendent or the concerned invigilator. You need to submit your answer sheet to the concerned invigilator on duty and sign the attendance sheet second time.
- Chewing gutka, spiting, smoking etc are strictly prohibited inside the exam hall or room.
- Coffee, tea, cold drinks or snacks are not permitted to bring inside the examination room during test hours.
CTET Syllabus 2023
The Syllabus for the CTET test is given below-
Paper-I (Primary stage for class I to V): Child development, concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs, learning and pedagogy, language comprehension, pedagogy of language development, Mathematics, pedagogical issues, and environmental studies.
Paper-II (Elementary stage for class VI-VIII): Child development, concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs, learning and pedagogy, science, language comprehension, pedagogy of language development, Mathematics, pedagogical issues, and social studies.
CTET Admit Card
- Candidates can download the E-admit card by visiting the official website of the CTET.
- No physical admit card will be sent to the applicants through post or any mode other than the one specified.
- Candidates should take multiple printouts of the hall ticket and save it for future reference.
- The admit card will bear the details such as- name, category, roll number, registration id, exam venue, reporting time, along with certain instructions.
- Candidates should check these details very carefully and report the inconsistencies to the authority, if any is found.
- No candidates shall be permitted to take the test if they don’t possess a valid hall ticket on the date of the exam.
CTET 2023 Result
- CTET 2023 Result will be announced in online mode.
- Candidates who score more than 60% marks in the entrance test will be considered as qualified.
- A certificate will be given to the qualified candidates which will be valid for a period of 7 years from the date of result declaration.
- The candidates with a valid certificate can apply for the post of teachers in primary and elementary classes (as applicable).
- The certificate will be valid for Central Government schools or State Government/ local bodies and aided schools (if they wish to consider).
Validity of CTET 2023 Certificate
- The CTET certificate will be valid for 7 years from the date of releasing the result for all categories.
- There is no restriction in the number of times a student can take the exam. Even they can reappear in the exam for improving their score.
Please note CTET is just a criterion that makes candidates eligible for appearing in various recruitment tests. Candidates have to clear further rounds to get appointment.
CBSE is only responsible for conducting CTET exam. Getting a job appointment will depend upon your performance in further rounds.
There is no such limitation for taking the CTET exam. You can also retake the exam if you think your score can be improved.
Yes, you can do the same.
A confirmation page means that your application form has been received to the board along with the application fee. Candidates will get the admit card based on particulars filled by them in the application form
The mark sheet/eligibility certificate will be dispatched after one month from the date of declaration of result.
All the candidates who took CTET exam are eligible to get the mark statement.
The mark statement will be sent to candidates via normal post, where the eligibility certificate would be sent through speed post. CTET unit won’t be responsible for non-receiving of documents due to transit/postal loss.
There will be two papers in CTET exam- paper I will be for class I to V and paper II for Class VI to VIII. Candidates who are willing to teach class I-VIII they need to appear in both the papers.
Also Read: Tips to Score Good Marks in CTET Exam