The National Testing Agency conducts the National Eligibility Test (NET) for determining the eligibility for Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) and Lecturers. The exam is organized in two sessions namely- June and December. Candidates can apply for the CSIR NET 2023 examination through its official website. Only those candidates can appear for the exam who qualifies the eligibility criteria for the same.
The CSIR NET exam is one of the most prestigious exams for junior research fellowship and lectureship. Candidates who want to pursue research or work as a lecturer at a prominent institute/University in the country need to take this examination to do so. From the given article, candidates will get complete information on the CSIR NET 2023 Examination. Candidates are suggested to continue reading to know more.
CSIR NET 2023 Important Dates
Given below are the official dates for the exam, the confirmed dates have been updated based on its respective official calendar as released by NTA:
|For June Session|
|Online application form availability||March 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||April 2023|
|Last date for transaction of fee||April 2023|
|E-Admit card announcement||April 2023|
|Exam Date||June 2023|
|Result Announcement||July 2023|
|For December Session|
|Online application form availability||2nd week of August 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||3rd week of September 2023|
|Last date for written request for change of center||3rd week of October 2023|
|Announcement of List of candidates registered||3rd week of November 2023|
|E-Admit card announcement||1st week of December 2023|
|Exam Date||3rd week of December 2023|
|Result Announcement||January 2024|
Eligibility Criteria for CSIR NET 2023
Check out the minimum eligibility requirements to apply for CSIR NET 2023:
Age Limit: There is no age limit for lectureship. However, candidates opting for JRF should be maximum 28 years old as on 1st January 2023.
- M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS / BS-4 years / BE / B.Tech / B Pharma / MBBS with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of the application form are also eligible to apply under the Result Awaited (RA) category.
- B.Sc. (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or candidates enrolled in Integrated MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) are also eligible to apply.
Note: Candidates holding only Bachelor’s degree are not eligible for lectureship.
CSIR NET 2023 Application Form
The application form for CSIR NET 2023 can be obtained only via online mode i.e. by visiting the official website. Candidates should fill the form very carefully as once the form is submitted successfully, no provision for change in particulars of the form will be allowed. Candidates can either apply for the “JRF Lectureship” or “JRF only” or “Lectureship only”. The preference must be indicated in the application form. After submitting the application, candidates need to note down the application number for future reference. Only one application per candidate will be entertained by the authorities. In case of multiple applications submitted by a candidate, all the applications will be liable to get rejected by the authority. Candidates need to pay a requisite amount as application fee to submit the application form successfully.
The application fee for CSIR NET 2020 Examination is as follows-
- General category : Rs. 1000/-
- OBC-NCL candidates: Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/PWD candidates : Rs. 250/-
Mode of Payment: The mentioned application fee can only be paid by online mode i.e. via Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking.
CSIR NET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can take the advantage of the exam pattern given below to know about the structure in which the examination will be conducted.
- Exam Mode: Computer based examination
- Exam Duration: Three Hours
- Exam Language: Hindi and English
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total Marks: 200 Marks
- Negative Marking: Applicable subject-wise
200 for each paper
3 Hours for each paper
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences|
Note: The subject-wise schedule is subjected to change. Candidates are suggested to regularly check the official website for latest updates.
CSIR NET Syllabus 2023
Preparing from the syllabus prescribed by the authority will help a candidate in fetching good marks in the examination. The test booklet will be divided into 3 parts as per the syllabus. Candidates can follow the syllabus mentioned below for their reference.
Part A: This part will be common to all the subjects. The questions asked under this part will entail general aptitude corresponding to the logical reasoning, graphical analysis, numerical ability, quantitative comparison, puzzle, series formulations etc.
Part B: This part contains subject related questions. Candidates need to prepare the related subjects to score well in this part of the examination.
Part C: This part contains higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions will be of analytical nature where a candidate needs to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
CSIR NET 2023 exam seems a tough nut to crack but the reality says otherwise. With the right guidance and preparation, anyone can clear this exam. Although candidates are required to put forward their best efforts for the exam, there are certain strategies which might help a candidate gain a momentum during the exam preparation. Applicants should follow these preparation strategies to crack the exam-
- Start your preparation with reliable books. Make short notes while studying.
- Build a time table and follow it religiously. The time table shouldn’t be set with unrealistic goals that can’t be achieved in given amount of time.
- Practice mock papers and solve previous year question papers to analyze your performance. Try to manage the time while attempting different parts of the papers.
- Don’t go overboard with the preparation. Always make some room for revision.
- Avoid reading a new topic during last-minute revision.
- Keep your mind fresh by indulging in outdoor/indoor activities.
- Avoid wasting unnecessary time on social media.
Recommended Books for CSIR NET 2023
Given below are some noteworthy reference books for CSIR NET examination that a candidate can take reference from-
- Biochemical Techniques by Keith Wilson and walker
- Ecology by PD Sharma
- Principles of Biochemistry by Lehninger
- Genetics by Gardener
- Plant physiology by Salisbury and Ross
- CSIR-NET General Aptitude – A New Outlook – Christy Varghese
- USC/CSIF-NET books by Arihant publication.
CSIR NET 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for CSIR NET exam can be downloaded from the official website. Candidates need to keep a printout of the admit card for further use. No admit card will be sent to the candidates by post or any other means whatsoever. The admit card must not be damaged or else it will be considered invalid. Candidates will not be issued a duplicate e-admit card at the exam centers. Candidates are advised to check the official website regularly for fresh updates on the exam.
CSIR NET 2023 Result
The CSIR NET Result will be displayed in form of a merit list. Two separate merit lists will be published on the official website, one for candidates qualified for JRF and the other for candidates qualified for lectureship. The merit list will be prepared according to the performance of the candidate in the test. Candidates who qualify the CSIR NET 2023 examination will receive the fellowship from either CSIR or UGC as per the assignment with which they may find an association. Those who opted for lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as a lecturer in any recognized college/university.
2 thoughts on “CSIR NET 2023 Application Form, Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria”
science graduates including B.Sc degree holders must be considered eligible. One’s experiences must also be considered. Age restrictions must be eliminated. While evaluating, the contents of the scribbling pad must also be viewed so that one’s real talents can be observed.