The Combined Defence Service Exam is conducted twice a year by UPSC for recruitment into various branches of Indian Armed forces namely Indian Navy, Indian Army, and Indian Air Force as well as for Officers Training Academy (OTA). UPSC CDS is one of the most prestigious recruitment exams in the country and only unmarried candidates can apply for it. However, candidates should refer the complete eligibility criteria before filling the application form. They can go through the given article for more details on the CDS application form 2021.
CDS application form is now available online.
CDS Application Form – Important information
- Candidates can apply for the exam through online mode only.
- No other mode of form submission will be entertained by the authority.
- Women Candidates are eligible for OTA only.
- No change in preference will be allowed once the form is submitted successfully.
- Application received without the fee or incomplete applications will be rejected.
- A candidate must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format before filling the form.
- Each file should not exceed 40 KB.
- The photograph should not be less than 3 kb and the signature must not be less than 1kb.
- Applicants should note that the multiple forms are discouraged by the authority.
- In case of multiple applications, the application with higher RID shall be considered by the Commission.
- Applicants are recommended to apply early to avoid last-minute mistakes.
- Applicants are required to hold a valid and active Email ID for further communication.
|General/OBC||Rs. 200/- only|
- The applicants can pay the fee in either of the two modes – by Debit/Credit/Net Banking or by depositing cash in any Branch of State Bank of India.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
How to Apply for CDS exam?
- Visit the official Website of UPSC.
- Click on the relevant CDS link.
- Now click on “Click here for part-1” link on the Examination Page.
- Read the instructions and fill the details for registration.
- Now you’ll receive the registration ID on Email ID as well as on the mobile phone.
- Use that detail for filling the part-2 of the form.
- Go to the registration page and click on “Click here for part-2” link.
- Now fill the particulars asked in the form, set the preference and upload the required images carefully.
- Then move forward to pay the application fee.
- Submit the form and keep its printout for future references.