CDS 2018: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS 2018) examination for providing admission to candidates in Indian Naval Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, Air Force Academy and Indian Military Academy. The CDS exam is conducted twice in a year. CDS 2018 application form will be available from 8th August 2018. All the interested and eligible candidates must go through the important details regarding CDS 2018 and start applying for the same after the release of its official notification.
Candidates must confirm their eligibility before they apply for the entrance test. I am sharing below information regarding minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in CDS exam 2018. Please read the information carefully and apply for the exam accordingly.
CDS 2018 Latest Updates
CDS 2 application form will be released on 8th August 2018. Stay connected for the further related updates.
CDS 2018 Important Dates- Released
We have updated the dates below according to the CDS official notification released by Union Public Service Commission. The given dates may or may not be updated. We will provide information regarding the same according to its official notification.
|Events||Schedule for CDS exam 2018|
|The official notice will be announced on||8th August 2018|
|Online application process will commence from||8th August 2018|
|Closing date for the receipt of application form||3rd September 2018|
|Admit card will be issued on||—|
|Date of written entrance exam||18th November 2018|
|Result will be announced on||—|
CDS 2018- Take A Quick Look About the Exam
|Exam Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Date of Availability of CDS II application form||8th August 2018|
|Last date for the submission of form||3rd September 2018|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application Fee||Rs.200/- (Female/SC/ST category candidates are exempted from paying the application fee)|
|Type of the Question||Objective Type|
|Mode of availability of the admit card||Online Three weeks before the commencement of the exam|
|Articles permitted inside Examination Hall||Clipboard or hard board (on which nothing is written) along with a good quality Black Ball Pen|
No. of Vacancies in CDS 2018
We will publish here the actual number of vacancies after the announcement of its respective notification.
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai Women (Non-Technical) Course||12|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||225|
Candidate must be an Indian National.
Age Criteria & Marital Status
- For IMA: Unmarried male aspirants, who are not born before than 2nd January 1995 and after than 1st January 2000, are permitted to apply;
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male aspirants, who are not born before than 2nd January 1995 and after than 1st January 2000, are permitted to apply.
- For Air Force Academy: Candidates should be aged in between 20 to 24 years as on 1st January 2019. It means candidates who are born not before than 2nd January 1995 and after than 1st January 1999 are eligible. If you have a valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) then you are eligible to apply till 26 years of the age.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men): Married or unmarried candidates, who are born not before than 2nd January 1994 and after than 1st January 2000, are permitted to apply.
- For Officers’ Training Academy- (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Candidates should be born not before than 2nd January 1994 and after than 1st January 2000 to become eligible under this category.
- For IMA and Officer’s Training Academy.: Candidates should be having a recognized degree of its equivalent;
- For Indian Naval Academy: A recognized Engineering degree is required to apply for this post;
- For Air Force Academy: A recognized degree with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering is required for appearing in the exam;
Candidates must be physically fit as per the prescribed criteria of Combined Defence Services Examination.
Read more about CDS 2 Eligibility
CDS 2018 Application form: How to apply?
UPSC will make the CDS Application Form available for the aspirants on 8th August 2018. The CDS Application Form will be available in two parts i.e. part I and part 2. Candidates can apply online only by visiting the official website of conducting authority i.e. www.upsc.gov.in. No Application Form will be accepted by UPSC through any other mode except online. Here are some of the important highlights of the CDS application form:
- Candidates need to apply online by using the official link of UPSC i.e. upsconline.nic.in.
- Every candidate should submit only one application. If mistakenly you have submitted multiple applications then you must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all aspects including details of the candidates, exam centre, signature, photograph etc.
- An application without the notified fee or incomplete application is liable to be rejected.
Candidates are needed to pay Rs 200/ (General/OBC Candidates) as necessary CDS 2018 Application Fees either through net banking or via Cash mode. Female/SC/ST category candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
Click here to apply online
CDS 2018 Examination Centers
The CDS exam will be held in 41 cities/towns in the country. Distribution of examination centers will be done on the basis of the first-apply-first-serve basis. Therefore, candidates are recommended to apply on early basis so that they could get an examination centre of their choice. List of tentative cities where exams may be conducted is as follows. If we find any change in the name of exam centres, we will update the same over here.
- PANAJI (GOA),
- PORT BLAIR,
- UDAIPUR AND
The Syllabus of CDS 2018 will be prepared by UPSC. The examination syllabus helps the candidates while their preparation. So, candidates planning to appear in the exam should go through the Syllabus carefully.
English (Code 01)
The authority prepares the English question paper in order to check candidates’ ability towards the understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
General Knowledge (Code 02)
This section includes questions from current events of those matters of everyday surveillance and experience in their scientific aspects. Questions will be also included from the History of India and Geography of nature.
Elementary Mathematics (Code 03)
Questions are be included in this paper from Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics, Intelligence and Personality test.
CDS 2018 Examination Pattern
The exam pattern for CDS 2018 has been provided below. Candidates are instructed to read the information furnished below and make a plan for the preparation accordingly. The Competitive examination will consist of following:
- Written examination;
- Interview for intelligence and personality test;
Here is the prescribed exam pattern for admission to Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy and Air Force Academy:
|Subjects Involved||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
Here is the prescribed exam pattern for admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|Subjects Involved||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
- All the questions will be objective type only;
- Candidates will find the question papers of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics in English as well as Hindi language;
- Candidates have to write the question paper by their own hand. Under no circumstances, they will be allowed to get help from the scribe.
- A calculator cannot be used for answering questions.
The conducting authority i.e. UPSC will release CDS admit card 2018 through online mode only. No Admit Card will be sent to the applicants via post. Candidates should visit the official website in order to download their admit card for CDS exam 2018. For Interview/Personality Test the commission will issue separate Admit Card.
Click here to download your admit card
The result of CDS 2018 will be announced in two phases i.e. written exam and SSB/interview result. Firstly the commission will announce the result of the written exam. Candidates who qualify the written exam will be further called for SSB/Personality test.
Candidates who successfully appeared in the entrance exam can check the answer key released by UPSC after the completion of exam. They can also download the CDS 2018 answer key from the official website of the commission.
Selection of candidates will be based on some important components such as Written Exam, Personal Interview, Document verification and Medical report of the candidates. I wish all the best to all CDS aspirants. Prepare well and achieve great marks.
Read here more about CDS Selection process 2018
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
For more news and updates, stay tuned with 99entranceexam